• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Risen

Wait until Bravo and Walshy do it next weekend, hopefully they keep Gandhi to minimal or to the floor, and Shockwave is also gone. I'm sure BestMan and Towey will be in sometimes too.

I'm hoping for more of Walshy from a strategy/insight position. Bravo should be good as well. I just can't stand Gandhi or Shockwave as commentators.

Stop talking Starcraft in my Halo stream Redbull nerd.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
How? It's not that bad though since I'm constantly moving. In other games it's more of a problem.

I opened it up and shaved off the part of the controller that the stick hits when you aim. So, the surrounding circle around the right stick. Just find out which direct you get the slow turn in and shave that side. Worked great for me.

edit: Also Promethius trailer is fucking amazing. Movie looks sick.

I opened it up and shaved off the part of the controller that the stick hits when you aim. So, the surrounding circle around the right stick. Just find out which direct you get the slow turn in and shave that side. Worked great for me.

edit: Also Promethius trailer is fucking amazing. Movie looks sick.

Opening up the controller is the slightly annoying part, I might invest in one of those special screwdrivers though.

Also Prometheus related:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEO3lmVy-tU

Viral stuff is pretty interesting.

CyReN

Ok team situation is figured out for next weekend at MLG Columbus.

Just Here To LAN H1 - CyReN, Heuer, HyliaN, Cursed Lemon w/ Coach Gunner

Nice work Gabo, chief might be a little dark though.

xbb.jpg

This one is a bit brighter.

Tashi

I'm getting some pretty nice snipes for this week's montage. Too many triples though, so close to the overkill. Gotta make it four episodes in a row!

Risen

I'm getting some pretty nice snipes for this week's montage. Too many triples though, so close to the overkill. Gotta make it four episodes in a row!

The one you ended last week's montage on was funny as hell. Did you slow it down for the minitage?

*checks ESPN*

I don't see anything particularly upsetting. Unless you're talking about VCU giving Indiana a run for its money.

Can someone explain why Monsterfracas is above juices even though he has 260 and juices has 270?

Edit: nvm, the scores are still sorted from the round of 64 :/

Risen

The no scope on the guy bottom blue on Zealot? I didn't slow anything down

Yeah... dunno why but it was much easier to see in the 'tage. I watched it happen live and was like "ain't that some shit". Maybe since I knew it was coming it felt "slower".

Risen

WTF, really? What does the wired'ness of your controller have to do with slow turns? are they constructed differently?

Wired doesn't need the torx bit... it uses a normal phillips head. Wasn't speaking to the slow turn.

I open all my wired controllers to take out the rumble packs to lighten them up. No clue why wireless uses the torx except to say that they are using a wireless signal which could be used for all sorts of stuff?

Tashi

Yeah... dunno why but it was much easier to see in the 'tage. I watched it happen live and was like "ain't that some shit". Maybe since I knew it was coming it felt "slower".

lol really? I thought about slow it down for the montage. It's happens so fast lol

Karl2177

Wired doesn't need the torx bit... it uses a normal phillips head. Wasn't speaking to the slow turn.

I open all my wired controllers to take out the rumble packs to lighten them up. No clue why wireless uses the torx except to say that they are using a wireless signal which could be used for all sorts of stuff?

They are already a perfect weight for me. How bad do the wireless feel for you?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This is the most fun I've had watching a stream in a long time. But I also don't watch streams very often. Man, I wish I was better at this game. I need to get a LAN group going so I feel like a god, haha.

CyReN

This is the most fun I've had watching a stream in a long time. But I also don't watch streams very often. Man, I wish I was better at this game. I need to get a LAN group going so I feel like a god, haha.

You are my mental block in Reach, I think it's the 666.

xbb.jpg

This one is a bit brighter.

Fixed some areas around the boot, you can see where your selection is from another brigher pictures, blurred him around the edges. The problem people often have when they shoop something in is that they don't make it as sharp (or not as sharp) as objects in the photo, so it stands out. I over did it so you can see what i'm talking about:

N3Zgx.jpg

You also might want to consider making those rocks/terrain on the right more blurred since the art on the left looks vastly different from the realism on the right.

GhaleonEB

That seems like a decent Pit remake on the MLG stream.

Bungie included the option to add color highlights, but limited the effect to barely noticeable lights. If they'd just applied that to cover more of the piece, we could get more colorful maps. It's so frustrating that the feature was included but then implemented in such a limited way.

Fixed some areas around the boot, you can see where your selection is from another brigher pictures, blurred him around the edges. The problem people often have when they shoop something in is that they don't make it as sharp (or not as sharp) as objects in the photo, so it stands out. I over did it so you can see what i'm talking about:

N3Zgx.jpg

wow you did an awesome job Devo, much appreciated!

Karl2177

Bungie included the option to add color highlights, but limited the effect to barely noticeable lights. If they'd just applied that to cover more of the piece, we could get more colorful maps. It's so frustrating that the feature was included but then implemented in such a limited way.

We were playing on it today. It was pretty good, even scored 3 flags.

As for the color palette issue, I recommended a while back how I would have done it. Object color and highlight color. As it is right now every object is gray, and you can only change the highlight color. Pretty disappointing.

CyReN

Yea it's the Pit, one of the better forge maps imo.

FyreWulff

I suspect the reason they're details instead of the whole piece is that it seems the pieces tend to lose their colors, especially in a host transition. Cue someone making a map completely dependent on coloring, then a weird or transition hosts reverts the entire thing to gray. Whoops. If they're kept as detail color, it's less noticeable when it happens.

I would suspect and hope Halo 4 just has colored pieces for each team like Sandbox where you don't have to worry about the host telling every client's box to color the pieces properly. Or just go with Stonerunner again, Stonerunner just looks nicer to look at. Of course, I'm also hoping for terrain editing ala Far Cry at minimum. If it's just Reach With More Pieces then meh.

Risen

I suspect the reason they're details instead of the whole piece is that it seems the pieces tend to lose their colors, especially in a host transition. Cue someone making a map completely dependent on coloring, then a weird or transition hosts reverts the entire thing to gray. Whoops. If they're kept as detail color, it's less noticeable when it happens.

I would suspect and hope Halo 4 just has colored pieces for each team like Sandbox where you don't have to worry about the host telling every client's box to color the pieces properly. Or just go with Stonerunner again, Stonerunner just looks nicer to look at. Of course, I'm also hoping for terrain editing ala Far Cry at minimum. If it's just Reach With More Pieces then meh.

I think I just agreed with Fyrewulff... weird. Hope the AR doesn't rub off.

Tashi

Hoppin' on Halo if anyone wants to play...

Just got off :/

Also, forgot to save a film. Lost 2 clips. Triple kill and a no scope according to my post-it notes. I don't remember the triple kill, but the no scope was nice. :( Oh well

Karl2177

I wish more playlists had no radar.

I liked that today, but at the same time I didn't. I don't know how many times I got dropped on and beat down in the Beaver Creek flag game. But I do agree with the sentiment that there needs to be more with no radar.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I liked that today, but at the same time I didn't. I don't know how many times I got dropped on and beat down in the Beaver Creek flag game. But I do agree with the sentiment that there needs to be more with no radar.
Yeah, I got you a few times on Damnation, haha.

There really shouldn't be too many no radar lists, though, cause then it would just split the playerbase up more. Maybe one list, mix of objective and slayer. But would that then be too similar to MLG?

Top Bottom