• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Oh wow. Who knew that Halo only appeals to the hipster community and that Bungie and Microsoft Brainwashed everyone to think Halo is great. So much rage

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36114628&postcount=454
IGAwN.png

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah, I got you a few times on Damnation, haha.

There really shouldn't be too many no radar lists, though, cause then it would just split the playerbase up more. Maybe one list, mix of objective and slayer. But would that then be too similar to MLG?
The playerbase is also split up so much. You've got people who only play Infection, MLG, Invasion, Grifball etc. and all those playlist are so radically different from each other. Being able to change a lot of gametype settings is great but it also has its disadvantages.

343 has to satisfy so many different crowds it's crazy.

ElRenoRaven

Gaming side Halo discussions I just can't.

You really can't. I've read that thread and even posted a couple times but some of the stupidity in it just so makes me want to reach through the net and stab people sometimes. It really does. It's not even so much what they're saying it's how some say it. They're such arrogant assholes who really haven't a clue.

Oh Bungie and MS brainwashed everyone to think Halo is great. Oh yea accuse everyone who likes the series of being brainwashed. Sure ok. Then let's generalize all it's fans as hipsters. I mean really hipsters? You're really going to say that the fans of the franchise are fucking hipsters of all things? Really?

Risen

You really can't. I've read that thread and even posted a couple times but some of the stupidity in it just so makes me want to reach through the net and stab people sometimes. It really does. It's not even so much what they're saying it's how some say it. They're such arrogant assholes who really haven't a clue.

Oh Bungie and MS brainwashed everyone to think Halo is great. Oh yea accuse everyone who likes the series of being brainwashed. Sure ok. Then let's generalize all it's fans as hipsters. I mean really hipsters? You're really going to say that the fans of the franchise are fucking hipsters of all things? Really?

hipster... lol I'm about as far from that description as possible.

Haha hipsters? Please. Most of the gamer base is dudebros. Same with CoD. Christ I knew gaming side was stupid, but that stupid?

hipster... lol I'm about as far from that description as possible.

You only say that because Microsoft brainwashed you into thinking that.

No but seriously, a lot of the gaming side threads invoke comments from people who clearly haven't even played the games. Best to just ignore rather than pay attention to the nonsensical stuff. I saw a post in there along the lines of how fans wouldn't see the flaws, but god knows HaloGaf is critical. I like the critique here which makes sense, but wont even bother reading critique from people who don't play/ know anything about the games.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
GAF blames everything on hipsters.

The playerbase is also split up so much. You've got people who only play Infection, MLG, Invasion, Grifball etc. and all those playlist are so radically different from each other. Being able to change a lot of gametype settings is great but it also has its disadvantages.

343 has to satisfy so many different crowds it's crazy.
Yup. Maybe I just need to get better so I can play in the MLG list, heh.

Karl2177

The biggest argument left out is stat tracking... I'm surprised that wasn't one of the earlier things brought up. I think I'll enjoy my popcorn while CoD fanboys run in saying Elite is better.

The biggest argument left out is stat tracking... I'm surprised that wasn't one of the earlier things brought up. I think I'll enjoy my popcorn while CoD fanboys run in saying Elite is better.

The bungie support for stats and clips has been so fucking awesome. Theater provided us with so many lulz.

Arena shooters CANNOT EXIST ANYMORE because of Bungie. Halo is some sort of anti-arena shooter that immediately destroys any positively charged arena shooters it comes into contact with.

These are the same people that post "a cute girl just sat down next to me, what should I do?" and "women cannot make good video games". Why am I spending my Saturday night on this idiocy? I can't look away!

At what point in the HaloGAF cycle do we go totally berserk and turn our merciless vitriol and bitchiness on the greater GAF community? We gotta work that into the chart somewhere.

Fuchsdh

At what point in the HaloGAF cycle do we go totally berserk and turn our merciless vitriol and bitchiness on the greater GAF community? We gotta work that into the chart somewhere.

Eh, better to lose the vitrol and pretend the rest of GAF doesn't exist. Link straight to subscriptions-- Working so far! :)

We're just posting inane bullshit right now which is far more tolerable than the shit that was being posted earlier.

Eh, better to lose the vitrol and pretend the rest of GAF doesn't exist. Link straight to subscriptions-- Working so far! :)

Probably a good idea, but then I'd miss chestnuts like this:
Let's be honest with ourselves; halo reach was nothing more than and expansion pack.
Which, given the context of the thread, could be either a sarcastic or a sincere statement. That thread has me so confused, so lost, I'm a rudderless ship.

Is it fair to say that Bungie were ahead of the curve in terms of even stuff like communications with fans etc. It seems like the idea of Weekly Updates, Playlist management etc etc was almost non existent before Bungie started doing that stuff? Im sure some developers like Blizzard were ahead of the curve in regards to that stuff, I mean I can imagine games like World of Warcraft nailed that stuff, but as someone who never played it I just don't know. At the very least Bungie were amongst the first few developers to really get that community feedback thing.

Is it fair to say that Bungie were ahead of the curve in terms of even stuff like communications with fans etc. It seems like the idea of Weekly Updates, Playlist management etc etc was almost non existent before Bungie started doing that stuff? Im sure some developers like Blizzard were ahead of the curve in regards to that stuff, I mean I can imagine games like World of Warcraft nailed that stuff, but as someone who never played it I just don't know. At the very least Bungie were amongst the first few developers to really get that community feedback thing.

Bungie developed excellent shit for console. I remembering people getting on Halo 2 just to use the chat mechanism in lobbies. Then there were clans (which got axed booo) so you could play with people beyond your limited friend's list.

Booshka

Imagine if someone said that about Uncharted.

There's only been three Uncharted games, if there were 2 more made that were very similar to the 3 that are out now, people would shit on them as much as they shit on Halo.

Edit: I forgot about Golden Abyss, whatever people have shit on that game anyway. It's also a handheld game made to sell Vita's, so whatever.

kylej

Banned
I love how Enable thinks he's hard. Dude just because you listen to hiphop doesn't mean you're not a 5 foot tall ginger pro gamer.

CyReN

Anyone down to play at 12am after the Red Bull lan?

A lot of the "pro" or popular gamers in the various genres are egotistical arrogant shits.

Some do have horrible/cocky attitudes, but a lot are actually down to earth from who I met: Walshy, Snipedown, Flamesword, Best Man, Defy, Lethul etc. One of the nicer things I saw at a event was Instinct after their series. There had to be some fans and a 7 year old kid waiting. They started after talked to them, took pictures, autographs, etc.

ElRenoRaven

I'd say Bungie is right there at the front with Blizzard. A lot of companies certainly can learn a lot from both of those companies.

ElRenoRaven

Some gamers really love to shit on franchises they don't play, and the real sad part? They can't even do it with valid criticisms.

What makes it worse is that the thread wasn't even about Halo yet it turned into a shit on Halo thread. That's what really gets me about it.

What makes it worse is that the thread wasn't even about Halo yet it turned into a shit on Halo thread. That's what really gets me about it.

Yeah and we're the brainwashed ones despite being hyper-critical with real concerns not "hurr this isn't a true fps" whatever the fuck that means.

Lol. Clearly you misunderstood the entirety of my previous posts or failed grammar sometime in your life. I never called "console" gamers cancers. I mainly game on consoles, and I have never or try to limit myself from partaking in cancerous behavior that would destroy this hobby. I called people who engage and actively support dubious nickle and dime schemes, CoD casuals, and all other nefarious blights on gaming as a whole, that is too long to mention in this thread; cancers. Please atleast read and understand what I say before you start becoming melodramatic.

The thread should be locked. This quote sums the entire thing up perfectly. Call it a day everyone, the guy with the on-fire undead avatar who has declared himself "Prince of Apathy" is giving out lessons on melodrama.

Note also the grammar dig which is, itself, bracketed by terrible grammar.

Sometimes there's so much beauty on GAF that I just can't stand it.

Top Bottom