• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just watched the final episode, short break from studying, and by god that ending was so good. I thought the last episode was kind of boring till the end, episode 9 was way more intense and shocking. Still, this has been an amazing series and cannot wait to see the next season.

Now I finally understand why Plywood had that avatar.
stormborncnl2a.jpg
Problem?

Can you really have that though? People would just make offensive room titles or play unfun uncommon gametypes.

I think that if it is organized by gametype and author, it would be reasonably easy to find a custom game you are looking for.

And it wouldn't be too unreasonable to assume there would be an option to report someone for offensive content.
Then simply ban that person from showing up in the browser for a period of time.

Having categories like "most played gametypes" or "gametype of the week" would be cool too.

On that note, it would be really nice if gametypes could be linked to specific map variants as well.
That would help with keeping a predictable, player ran, custom game environment.

Or it might even work if 343i has to approve certain gametypes/maps that appear in the custom game browser.

By monitoring which ones are being downloaded/played/recommended the most often, they could even automate that process.

And I thought FyreWulff didn't post here that often anymore because he could not re create the 343i Hoodie for me. But he just wants to troll? Low, Fyrewulff low.

[Forge] Of course, I'm also hoping for terrain editing ala Far Cry at minimum. If it's just Reach With More Pieces then meh.

Agreed. I really have no interest with Forge as it stands now and if it's Forge plus bells and whistles then it's still essentially the same feature from 2007. I would hope that in the five years since Halo 3, the premier Xbox franchise could muster a terrain editor. Or a map maker that allows us to reasonably recreate any 4v4 map from previous entries with zero frame-rate issues and faithful colour schemes.

I love how Enable thinks he's hard. Dude just because you listen to hiphop doesn't mean you're not a 5 foot tall ginger pro gamer.

LOL, it must be something about Status Quo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqhIlUEoMTo

How many fucking yo's and dawgs can he and his homies muster? Sounds like a total nob jockey.

Booshka

I heard Halo brainwashed people into hating this.

No they are all wrong, it's all Duke Nukem Forever's fault, if that game would have came out before Halo, Halo would have never existed. Duke Nukem Forever could have revolutionized FPS and none of these baby games like Halo or CoD would have a place in this world.

Agreed. I really have no interest with Forge as it stands now and if it's Forge plus bells and whistles then it's still essentially the same feature from 2007. I would hope that in the five years since Halo 3, the premier Xbox franchise could muster a terrain editor. Or a map maker that allows us to reasonably recreate any 4v4 map from previous entries with zero frame-rate issues and faithful colour schemes.

I heard they're adding trees and never seen colors, shit is gonna rock!

I agree with Fyre, Stonerunner >>>>> Forerunner.

It'd be cool if they ported some assets from campaign into Forge.

Really!?? They are at least just as bad as eachother. Reach is plagued by grey maps, Halo 3 was plagued by brown maps. I think I prefer the Forerunner aesthetic to the weird stone aesthetic that Halo 3 had.

Only Halo music that beats ODST music is obviously this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGXbwb7K_kg&t=9m44s

ODST was better. Marty did excel himself by changing things up so drastically so quickly between ODST and Reach though.

Fuchsdh

No they are all wrong, it's all Duke Nukem Forever's fault, if that game would have came out before Halo, Halo would have never existed. Duke Nukem Forever could have revolutionized FPS and none of these baby games like Halo or CoD would have a place in this world.

I assume you are mocking the thread, but you have a point.

If 3DRealms had committed to a product and finished it before Halo came out... I do think it would have had a major impact on the genre. A lot of stuff they were doing was pretty revolutionary.

But the problem was they had too much money and too little self-control. They couldn't set a deadline and ship it.

I'm glad Gearbox got it out, but as it showed... over the years it turned into a pedestrian game that was five years stale.

Risen

It'd be cool if they ported some assets from campaign into Forge.

Cut forge to the ability to only modify existing maps, which should be outstanding to begin with. Then let me have 4 folks in theater with the ability to view first person from everyone in the game, and give me the ability to pick host in customs.

Overdoziz

Banned
Cut forge to the ability to only modify existing maps, which should be outstanding to begin with. Then let me have 4 folks in theater with the ability to view first person from everyone in the game, and give me the ability to pick host in customs.
Keep Forge, but don't put terrible Forge maps in matchmaking.

The only music I found to be consistently as good as Halo's is Legend of Zelda

Special mention to Panzer Dragoon, Mystical Ninja starring goeman (N64), Phanstasy star online 1 and mischief makers!

Forge is a much more demanded feature than having 4 folks in theater, that was actually a really sloppy feature in 3.

I remember loading times being plain retarded.

Um I don't think it is forge that causes the theater files to be so large.

9oBWu.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Special mention to Panzer Dragoon, Mystical Ninja starring goeman (N64), Phanstasy star online 1 and mischief makers!

Dude, I just dreamt about Mischief Makers last night! In my dream my friend had a GBA copy (which doesn't actually exist) that she was letting me borrow. I was stoked.

Game gives me nerd dreams even after 14 years.

I thought the "obviously" part might give the sarcasm away.
But obviously not.

I get it! Your being sarcastic about this post, which means that you didn't mean for the obviously to be sarcastic in the last post... So you obviously weren't being sarcastic before!??

Assassins Creed (especially 2) and Metal Gear Solid have both had pretty good music.

Forge is a much more demanded feature than having 4 folks in theater, that was actually a really sloppy feature in 3.

I remember loading times being plain retarded.

That depends on who you talk to. I know I would prefer 4 person theatre viewing, but I do want forge to come back, I just dont want them to rely on it to provide maps for matchmaking.

I agree on that, have a forge only playlist and maybe throw the REALLY good ones into matchmaking.

The thing about that is, the really good forge maps are all in the MLG playlist. Is it not a no brainer to throw The Pit remake into other playlists? Their Sanc remake is also better than Asylum (inb4 there's better remakes than mlg Sanc, you get the point).

Oasis is better than Atom, Cliffhanger, Think Twice, and any other 4v4 forge map from Reach you care to name.

Title the playlist "The Grey".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_goo

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

And yes, I want forge back, as well as 4-player theatre. Just no forge maps in MM unless forge gets an overhaul that adds color, lol. A few things I'd like to see get in but probably won't are customizable skyboxes or scripted events. Things like that combined with a terrain editor/weather generator could create some absolutely sick maps.

Kyle J!

Top Bottom