• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

TheOddOne

HOLY SHIT guys... just watch Game of Thrones in one setting... :O
Just watched the final episode, short break from studying, and by god that ending was so good. I thought the last episode was kind of boring till the end, episode 9 was way more intense and shocking. Still, this has been an amazing series and cannot wait to see the next season.

Now I finally understand why Plywood had that avatar.

I just read something interesting from this article:
http://translate.google.it/translat...anteprima-halo-4.php&sl=it&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

It is in Italian, but using google translator you can make out most of it.
The interesting part is when they are talking about multiplayer:
"an unusual mode Blue against Red in which the two sides will clash in a battle seasoned with cutscenes that serve to turn the fight."

Cutscenes in Multiplayer... interesting.... (assuming it is true)
Maybe a replacement for Invasion? Blue vs Red instead of Spartans vs Elites?
Probably would be a much better balance when fighting similar foes.

I just read something interesting from this article:
http://translate.google.it/translat...anteprima-halo-4.php&sl=it&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

It is in Italian, but using google translator you can make out most of it.
The interesting part is when they are talking about multiplayer:
"an unusual mode Blue against Red in which the two sides will clash in a battle seasoned with cutscenes that serve to turn the fight."

Cutscenes in Multiplayer... interesting....
Maybe a replacement for Invasion? Blue vs Red instead of Spartans vs Elites?
Probably would be a much better balance when fighting similar foes.

I've been waiting for something like this for a while, it'd be something which no FPS has done before (am i rite?).

Please be real!

Edit: maybe a mode where you and your team are deployed into the battlefield by a pelican, you can see an overview of the whole match while descending.

I've been waiting for something like this for a while, it'd be something which no FPS has done before (am i rite?).

Please be real!

Edit: maybe a mode where you and your team are deployed into the battlefield by a pelican, you can see an overview of the whole match while descending.

Killzone 3 Operations game mode, but that is all I can think of.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CI_1MlGhbY

I hope it is real too, could be so epic.

"Seasoned with cutscenes" actually means minute-long assassination animations.

You should check out the above video, it is actually pretty cool.
But no, I would not want the cutscenes in every mode.

What's going to happen when you host-migrate in a cutscene?

Hopefully, it'll be something that can be turned off or avoided. I could see them getting pretty annoying pretty quickly.

Those Killzone cutscenes are ok, but after the first time viewing them all I can see myself finding them annoying. I hope the Halo 4 cutscenes are more akin to the Assassins Creed Multiplayer. Where you unlock them by ranking up, watch them in the lobby, but they dont affect gameplay.

I would much prefer a game winning replay to a standard win/loss cutscene.

Those Killzone cutscenes are ok, but after the first time viewing them all I can see myself finding them annoying. I hope the Halo 4 cutscenes are more akin to the Assassins Creed Multiplayer. Where you unlock them by ranking up, watch them in the lobby, but they dont affect gameplay.
This. Give me a cutscene where my Spartan-IV is part of meeting for a mission. After I ranked up more details will be unveiled. When my Spartan IV reaches the highest rank, I have the full details and the mission will begin very shortly.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
C'mon HaloGAF, jumping to conclusions based on a google translate of a story with no new information?

Excellent. A new round of Jump To Conclusions has started. I'm going to guess that if this rumor is true/accurate, the cutscenes will not be very intrusive. Maybe if we all go apeshit about it Frankie will drop us some info to quell our hysteria?

Dammit...beaten by Ellis! Ellis of all people! How are you even posting right now? Shouldn't you be busy destroying the FPS genre?

TheOddOne

C'mon HaloGAF, jumping to conclusions based on a google translate of a story with no new information?
neogafdude26wi.gif

I don't see anyone jumping to conclusions, people are just talking about cutscenes in multiplayer games. :p Its interesting to think of how that narrative can work, even if its not something that directly happens in Halo 4.

A completely different question which has nothing to do with Halo 4:
Did you guys re-record some dialog lines for Anniversary? Or did you tune them a bit?

Halo 4-related question:
Sparkast? When?

Anyone have any 1 month XBL codes lying around? I'm about to run dry :x
I have a 48hour code.

To the best of my knowledge, absolutely not.

Going to try and record the March Sparkast this week with Frank, Josh and Kiki.
Ah thanks for the clarification. I thought they sound different.

Edit.: I'm such an idiot. Read the Postmortem article in the latest GDC magazine and in the first paragraph is written that the voiceovers are unchanged.

Hey, I turned on Reach last night for the first time and there is like a hundred playlists. Where can you go to see explanations for them all. They used to be on bungie.

Magni

I'd love to see H4 return to just:

Lone Wolf
Double Team
Team Slayer
Team Skirmish
Big Team Battle

As all its playlists.

What about SWAT, Snipers, and MLG? And then Actionsack for all the others, bam, under 10 playlists.

I hope playlists in H4 will work with different team sizes (for Actionsack, so you can have FFA and team gametypes in the same playlist).

Top Bottom