• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

I'm not saying it's good, but it's good.
hmm, I've been looking for something for the PS3 now that I'm done with (and will probably never return to) the Uncharted series. I am intrigued.

Talking about shooting, I'm gonna watch the godfather trilogy for the first time today, I'm hoping it's as good as its made out to be!

Well the first one today, anyway.
Wow, I feel really fucking old now. Don't even bother with the third movie, seriously. Words can't describe how bad it is compared to the first two movies. You will regret watching it, I'm warning you now.

I, too, am a Godfather virgin. Although I did actually stand outside the church and bar in Sicily where some wedding scene was filmed. That was pretty sweet.

I've also never seen Alien :p Or many,many classic movies for that matter.

I, too, am a Godfather virgin. Although I did actually stand outside the church and bar in Sicily where some wedding scene was filmed. That was pretty sweet.

Same here. I'm planning to watch them sometime on a dark Saturday night in October :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

You can start acting like a man!

Risen

Watching the top 10 multi-kills vid on waypoint... why would 4 of the top ten be:

a griffball killionaire
a swat killtastrophe
a team snipes killamanjaro with 3 kids not playing
and a zombie killionaire

Just... ugh.

the number 1 clip was cool though. Killionaire with all snipes and rockets on Prisoner.

Wow, I feel really fucking old now. Don't even bother with the third movie, seriously. Words can't describe how bad it is compared to the first two movies. You will regret watching it, I'm warning you now.

I'll keep that in mind old man! :p

Watch alien first, than I will send you (seriously) a definitive edition of aliens to keep.

Serious. ( I have a spare)

Speaking of Australia & Spiders.. (stay away Hydranockz).

FUCK YOU AND YOUR SPIDERS.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've only seen Aliens. Not Alien.
You're missing out. Alien is solitary sci-fi horror at its best.

Aliens is a braindead bro action flick, and not even a good one.
I'm only kind of kidding. I need to rewatch again, I think. It's been about five years since I last saw it. Hated it so hard.

Retro

I've only seen Aliens. Not Alien.

Alien and Aliens feel like completely different movies; Alien is more like a Horror movie that happens to be set in space while Aliens is the Best Action Movie Ever. I don't even compare the two because they're both great, just in different ways.

Oh, and I'm back. I don't think my comment merited a ban, but with the way this thread was getting trolled in the midst of the Halo 4 news, I think the mods decided the best option was to take off and nuke the thread from orbit.
It was the only way to be sure.

Watching the top 10 multi-kills vid on waypoint... why would 4 of the top ten be:

a griffball killionaire
a swat killtastrophe
a team snipes killamanjaro with 3 kids not playing
and a zombie killionaire

Just... ugh.

the number 1 clip was cool though. Killionaire with all snipes and rockets on Prisoner.

yo grifball requires pro hammer swinging skills and to pull off a perfect single shot kill is beast.

and whats not harder than to kill 3 non moving players. think of the mind games. are they gonna move or not? maybe they are luring me into a false sense of security. what if they are holos?!

I'm only kind of kidding. I need to rewatch again, I think. It's been about five years since I last saw it. Hated it so hard.
What the hell is wrong with you? Aliens is the pinnacle of Cameron's film career, and he hasn't made a better movie since.

Welcome back, Retro.

GhaleonEB

I watched them back to back this weekend. Alien is peerless sci-fi horror, as you said. Aliens is one of the most intense action/horror movies ever made. They compliment each other wonderfully.

Which give me an excuse to point everyone to the Prometheus international trailer.

Um, Halo.

daedalius

I watched them back to back this weekend. Alien is peerless sci-fi horror, as you said. Aliens is one of the most intense action/horror movies ever made. They compliment each other wonderfully.

Which give me an excuse to point everyone to the Prometheus international trailer.

Um, Halo.

Dat' Trailer...

60840ea2_sogood.gif

Mentioning Aliens in this thread is tantamount to talking about Halo, considering all the things/themes that Bungie swiped from the film.

And Prometheus looks like one of the best things I'll see forever.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I realize I'm in the minority with my Aliens hate. I really want to see it again. I'd like to like it, especially with how much I love the first one.

And good lord, can't wait for Prometheus.

If I applied the same logic applied to the US - "
Mortality rate in Australia: 7.1 per 1000.
Morality rate in the U.S.A.: 8.4 per 1000.
I was going to agree with this, but then I kept reading and you lost all credibility because of Spider Swarms and water snakes.

So, a medal specific to foul-mouthed, pre-pubescent assholes? C'mon man, there's already too many Halo medals that I'll never get because of my bad playing.
No no no, you get the medal when the foul-mouthed, pre-pubescent assholes scream into their mics.

Talking about shooting, I'm gonna watch the godfather trilogy for the first time today, I'm hoping it's as good as its made out to be!
Lower your expectations...in many regards the series has not aged well. I can think of at least 3 mafia/gangster movies that are better than any one of the Godfather films. That doesn't mean they are not good...just maybe not as good as people first thought.

We're praying for you Hydranockz...hang in there.

Australia has Miranda Kerr and Yvonne Strahovski...think about that.
Two google searches later... Tashi, have I ever told you that you are the best GAFer?

You're walking a fine line kittens...Tashi just gave me Miranda Kerr and Yvonne Stahotski...what have you given me??? A headache!

What the hell is wrong with you? Aliens is the pinnacle of Cameron's film career, and he hasn't made a better movie since.
Welcome back, Retro.
Terminator 2 was better.
And yeah, welcome back Retro, you forum rebel you.

Also: be safe Reggie, I may not agree with anything you have said or will ever say, but I'm still hoping you stay safe so you can keep saying those things. It makes the rest of us look smarter.

Top Bottom