• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

TheOddOne

I'm slightly disappointed that Halo 4 won't be able to be a huge improvement over current offerings due to the hardware configuration.
I think the fact that Halo 4 might be the swan song of 360 makes this all feel a little better. Atleast next generation we can expect a huge jump from the already fantasic running engine on the 360.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
No I meant, all HaloGAF lefties, let's high five!

I write/draw lefty, hold cups and utensils with my left but when it comes to sports, I'm a righty. (throwing a football/baseball...shooting a basketball)

Fuchsdh

I write/draw lefty, hold cups and utensils with my left but when it comes to sports, I'm a righty. (throwing a football/baseball...shooting a basketball)

Was ambidextrous when I was a kid. Write, throw, draw with my left, but oddly enough there are some things I only do with my right and can't with my left (like flip pens, for some reason.)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think the fact that Halo 4 might be the swan song of 360 makes this all feel a little better. Atleast next generation we can expect a huge jump from the already fantasic running engine on the 360.
Yeah, having Halo 5 launch a year or two after the launch of the Next Box means 343 will be plenty familiar with the system's architecture, and will hopefully be able to really push the visuals. Plus I'm really happy with what we've seen of Halo 4 thus far.

I'm ready for next gen, but I don't feel urgent about it.

No surprise there.

I bet there are still people claiming Halo 4 is not coming out for the 360 though lol.

They havent said actually. At least nothing I'm aware of. I want them to be required but at the same time I dont want it to hurt the playlist's population.

I think the maps would show up more than in other playlists if they weren't required just because of how the MLG community is.

I would assume it's going to require them, H3 required DLC maps for the playlist when they were a part of the circuit.

If they were just playlist gametypes then maybe they'd be optional, but seeing as they are circuit gametypes, I would be very surprised if they weren't required.

zap

Where can I find a list of the people you have played most with in Reach? I remember that University study gave the list, but I can't find it on their website. Are there any other websites/sources out there that will let you pull up how many games you have played with different gamertags?

TheOddOne

Yeah, having Halo 5 launch a year or two after the launch of the Next Box means 343 will be plenty familiar with the system's architecture, and will hopefully be able to really push the visuals. Plus I'm really happy with what we've seen of Halo 4 thus far.

I'm ready for next gen, but I don't feel urgent about it.
And let's not kid ourselves, if Obsidian was working on a next-gen project for Microsoft; you know for sure that Corrine Yu is now tinkering with the new hardware (dare I say giving the hardware team suggestions!).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
And let's not kid ourselves, if Obsidian was working on a next-gen project for Microsoft; you know for sure that Corrine Yu is now tinkering with the new hardware (dare I say giving the hardware team suggestions!).
Yeah, I think that's safe to say, assuming that she's done constructing Halo 4's engine...? I don't know how long into the dev cycle engine work usually goes.

kylej

Banned
All I know is if there are framerate problems on the level with that giant dumb mech being built I'm gonna stick my head in an oven.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Why can't we have both?
a5ybo.jpg

Unsurprisingly team players do better than lone wolves, but the interesting thing for me was the age distribution of players and that older gamers performed slightly better.
From that paper:
"To give you a sense of the raw popularity of this game, and how quickly its popularity faded, the first 130,000,000 competitions were generated within the first 2 weeks after the game was released on 14 September 2010. That rate of 10M games per day then gradually declined to about 2M games per day by 6 months later. "

All I know is if there are framerate problems on the level with that giant dumb mech being built I'm gonna stick my head in an oven.
If 343 is listening to us, I'm not sure whether this statement would make it more or less likely that Warhouse would have framerate issues.

Tashi

Why can't we have both?

You can, but I feel like there's so much weighting towards graphics. And I wasn't actually speaking to Halo or even any specific project. It was more my frustration with so many people wanting this next gen to start just to jerk off to better fucking graphics. I hate that shit man.

Let's get some 8-bit adventures going!

That would actually be really sick

ZalinKrow

High five! (although I high five with my right hand haha)

I'm mostly the same. Do you play right handed or left handed guitar then?

Overdoziz

Banned
They'll probably say the framerate is silky-smooth like they did with Anniversary. And then it drops to like 20 in numerous places throughout the campaign.

Tashi

High five! (although I high five with my right hand haha)

I'm mostly the same. Do you play right handed or left handed guitar then?

When I first started playing, I play a righty guitar lefty. But then I switched learned to play it righty. I feel being a lefty on a righty guitar gives me pretty good control though because it's really my finger dexterity in my left hand that makes me a lefty, not the strength of my left.

So I watched the first godfather, I must say I was pleasantly suprised and I can certainly see why it is praised. I especially like Coppola's usual minute attention to detail in regards to story, family and surroundings.

Acting was top notch, and I think my favourite characters were Sonny and Tom Hagen especially.
Of course Michael was impressive, but sometimes you forget that Al Pacino in his prime is an incredibly menacing actor.

The ending was incredibly well done, definitely powerfull, especially that part before hand where he says no to his wife in relation to his affairs.

Two negatives however, the first bieng that the timescale in the movie was not so clear cut, I would have liked to know specifically when an event happened.

The second bieng less important, the fight with sonny and his brother in law was hilarious by today's standard.

Looking forward to part 2!

GhaleonEB

So I watched the first godfather, I must say I was pleasantly suprised and I can certainly see why it is praised. I especially like Coppola's usual minute attention to detail in regards to story, family and surroundings.

Acting was top notch, and I think my favourite characters were Sonny and Tom Hagen especially.
Of course Michael was impressive, but sometimes you forget that Al Pacino in his prime is an incredibly menacing actor.

The ending was incredibly well done, definitely powerfull, especially that part before hand where he says no to his wife in relation to his affairs.

Two negatives however, the first bieng that the timescale in the movie was not so clear cut, I would have liked to know specifically when an event happened.

The second bieng less important, the fight with sonny and his brother in law was hilarious by today's standard.

Looking forward to part 2!
Part 2 will drive you insane. I don't think it's half the film the original is, because of narrative sloppiness.

I did a similar Godfather watch a couple years ago.

ZalinKrow

When I first started playing, I play a righty guitar lefty. But then I switched learned to play it righty. I feel being a lefty on a righty guitar gives me pretty good control though because it's really my finger dexterity in my left hand that makes me a lefty, not the strength of my left.
Yeah I definitely agree. I was advised to learn right handed guitar from the start, I've always felt the dexterity was handy (no pun intended) in my left hand though yeah :) Do you think being left handed affects how you play in fps games much though?

Yeah I definitely agree. I was advised to learn right handed guitar from the start, I've always felt the dexterity was handy (no pun intended) in my left hand though yeah :) Do you think being left handed affects how you play in fps games much though?

Or otherwise you would have been smacked in the knuckles with a ruler to stop you using your left hand. I wonder, did they ever do that in Ireland as well?

Or otherwise you would have been smacked in the knuckles with a ruler to stop you using your left hand. I wonder, did they do that in Ireland as well?

(Why do you think Krow always wears gloves? Those scars run DEEP)

I was born a lefty. Somewhere when I was about 6 or 7 I ended up switching. True story.

Tashi

I honestly don't know. It might be interesting to play legacy (is that lefty one?) but it would probably take me a long time to adjust. I don't feel like my right hand is holding me back though. Not sure though. I can finger pick on a guitar pretty well but I can't hold a fuckin pencil or spoon for shit. I feel like a fuckin 2 year old when I do that lol.

Top Bottom