• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Next term I'm going to try to get a Halo LAN group going in my city/university. Really excited. I've only LAN'd Halo a handful of times. :-(

Terminator 2 was better.
Haha, I was going to say this, but didn't want to face the wrath of squidhands.

T2's special effects still hold up pretty well. I remember doing a report on them in junior high. Today's liberal use of cgi needs to better understand the concept of working within your means.

I'd be more worried that Sculli would get wind of this conversation.
lol, I've got nothing on that guy. At the very least he'll tell you to kill yourself.

image.php

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I googled Halo and hipster and this came up..

356ms1.jpg
TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRIES TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS TRYS

Ken

What playlists do people here play in now? I gave away my Anniversary map code and don't have the DLC maps on my new account so I'm not sure which of those maps I should get.

Ah, sorry Ken. Still, it may be a cheaper (slow) option, considering it's still $37 on Amazon.com. Actually that's pretty close in terms of currencies. Wow.
Aliens and Terminator 2 are both REALLY BAD movies guys.
Why'd you say that?
They're both fantastic action movies.

Yup, thanks though.

Wasn't sure if I would have made use of my map pack code when Anniversary came out so I gave it to Juices.
To answer your previous question: The most of us play the Anniversary play lists some times. Personally I think the Anniversary MapPack is a must buy.

Ken

To answer your previous question: The most of us play the Anniversary play lists some times. Personally I think the Anniversary MapPack is a must buy.
I have the disc so I guess it wouldn't be a problem if I was just playing Anniversary playlists, but I'd have to switch discs if my party wanted to play something with non-Anniversary maps.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Aliens and Terminator 2 are both REALLY BAD movies guys.
I mean, nothing will ever touch Bay's Transformers trilogy in terms of action, pacing, dialogue, and locale. True masterpieces. I hope he doesn't make a fourth film cause then it would ruin the flawless arc.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I mean, nothing will ever touch Bay's Transformers trilogy in terms of action, pacing, dialogue, and locale. True masterpieces. I hope he doesn't make a fourth film cause then it would ruin the flawless arc.

While the last 2 are atrocious, I enjoyed the 1st quite a bit.

Nutter

Just wanted to mention, today's Challenge to kill 10 enemy vehicles in Firefight really needs to be retired, or cut to 5. The playlist that features ample vehicles, Limited, has been removed.

Arcade Firefight, on Installation 04.

Plenty of Banshees to kill.

I, too, am a Godfather virgin. Although I did actually stand outside the church and bar in Sicily where some wedding scene was filmed. That was pretty sweet.

I've also never seen Alien :p Or many,many classic movies for that matter.

Go watch Alien and Aliens, dont bother with the rest though.

I still haven't seen the Godfather myself, I keep meaning to though.

I think this is why I havent watched the godfather, why watch it when you can watch transformers right?

GhaleonEB

Arcade Firefight, on Installation 04.

Plenty of Banshees to kill.

How many is plenty? On Holdout there's 3-4 per game to split between players, and 5-6 per game on Beachhead for all to share (more if we get further into the set).

I've never actually completed a game on Installation 04, so I hadn't thought of it.

Nothing says masterpiece like a set of wrecking ball gonads. Michael Bay truly is the gift that keeps on giving. Can't wait to see how His Vapidness re-invigorates Ninja Turtles.

How many is plenty? On Holdout there's 3-4 per game to split between players, and 5-6 per game on Beachhead for all to share (more if we get further into the set).

I've never actually completed a game on Installation 04, so I hadn't thought of it.
There seems to be way more Banshees on I04 than on Holdout, but it's been so long since I've played on that map that I can't remember how many/how often. There's still the problem of making sure you kill it with the right weapon so it will register as an actual vehicle kill. Dunno why they're set up to be so sketchy.

It's pretty good map if you can play normal Firefight on it. Flipyap and I had a lot of fun.

Nutter

I have managed 7 in 1 game. And yeah do not pick Score Attack, for whatever reason the extra damage the weapons do; makes the game not register a vehicle kill properly.

CyReN

No surprise, that would shit all over Halo 4 launch. Probably like Halo 2 v2 launch and have the 720 come out in 2013 a year after H4.

GhaleonEB

I have managed 7 in 1 game. And yeah do not pick Score Attack, for whatever reason the extra damage the weapons do; makes the game not register a vehicle kill properly.

Thanks everyone. I play the sniper/DMR loadout on Arcade, which fells Banshees correctly (two sniper shots).

For 2x, for some reason, damage passes through and kills the (invisible) pilot before the vehicle if you just DMR it. You have to manage the damage of the pilot to make sure you're taking down the vehicle first. Tag it with a couple rounds, then wait long enough for the (invisible) Elite's shields to recharge, then tag it again and repeat, until the Banshee blows. It's a pain, but possible.

I'll give 04 a whirl. It seldom comes up, and when it does my partner always votes against it.

I'm okay with this. The reveal will be next year, prior to release. It's going to be a good year for gaming as it is.

Is it going to require anniversary maps? or support anniversary maps?
They havent said actually. At least nothing I'm aware of. I want them to be required but at the same time I dont want it to hurt the playlist's population.

I think the maps would show up more than in other playlists if they weren't required just because of how the MLG community is.

My Xbox 3 will be a Halo 4 playing machine.

Totally fine with that.
Until I hear that stuff works properly on a newer machine, I'm not risking it till the next halo game. I'll be honest, I own an xbox for halo.

I'm okay with this. The reveal will be next year, prior to release. It's going to be a good year for gaming as it is.
It's just crazy to me that it'll probably be an 8 year gap between Xbox consoles. Who would have predicted such a thing at the beginning of this generation? I guess Sony wasn't far off with their ten-year plan.

Fuchsdh

Considering the OXB only lasted 4 years I'd say it's great.

Indeed. One of the few benefits of the recession, probably.

It's amazing to thing that back in 2005 it was the console equivalent of the Ghz wars, all about specs.

A Halo-related research paper into playing the game with friends just got linked on HBO: http://www.cs.unm.edu/~aaron/blog/archives/2012/03/friends_for_the.htm

Unsurprisingly team players do better than lone wolves, but the interesting thing for me was the age distribution of players and that older gamers performed slightly better.

zap

ugh the Xbox 360 is an archaic piece of shit. Please no more Microsoft, I'm done being stuck in 2005.

I'm slightly disappointed that Halo 4 won't be able to be a huge improvement over current offerings due to the hardware configuration.

Even if Halo 4 was a quick job to the new console, it would have been cool. At least they could get a nice 60fps.

Seeing as it's not happening, I don't care when it comes out - as long as it's before Halo 5. Realistically that's the only game I will be playing on it.

Top Bottom