• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Man, I have been super busy the past few days and need to catch up with the thread from pg 116.. Anything interesting happen between then and now?

On another note, I was going through some of my old drawings and found this one of a Brute I started. I think it was last year, or the year before when I was drawing it, then I kinda just forgot about it. Oops.

aFCwX.jpg

ZaDKE.jpg

Anyways, its kinda cartoony.. Should I finish this one or try again with a less cartoony looking brute?

wwm0nkey

Monkey likes it, going by his posts in the OT. I put up some reviews too, a 6/10 and a 7/10.

The reviews complained about story and the learning curve though. This game is a mech game and its mostly all about the online play.

happy that IGN was smart enough to delay the review until the online went up.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Last night I dreamt that 343 revealed a new enemy for Halo 4: a giant, hulking, bipedal, tiger-like cat. It actually kind of looked like Red XIII from Final Fantasy VII, but it was blue/purple, with long tendrils coming out from along the line of their spine. The cats specialized in stealth. They would go almost completely invisible, get down on all fours, sprint at you, and then rip your throat out. And of course Dream Me went from being a spectator to all this to actually being in it, so I was desperately fighting off the cats with dual pistols (DUAL WIELDING CONFIRMED).

At first 343 let us assume that the cats were the new main enemies, but then at the end of the vidoc they revealed that they're a new race in the covenant (MEGATON), and that the main enemy is yet to be revealed.

Nerd dreams are fun.

You should watch Dutch comedy.
Heh, I don't have time to get pissed right now. Send me a link and I might watch it after finals are over.

Fun Facts:
- Today is the first day of Spring.
- My birthday is the first day of Fall. (Sept. 22nd) Today is my half-birthday.
- Devo is exactly half a year older than me.
- My little brother's birthday is today. I am exactly 2.5 years older than him. We are the Equinox Bros.
- My brother and I don't have any more siblings because the timing would be too difficult for Solstice Bros. (Duncans only have boys.)

themoreyouknow.jpg

The reviews complained about story and the learning curve though. This game is a mech game and its mostly all about the online play.

happy that IGN was smart enough to delay the review until the online went up.

How is the Operator stuff? Game looks pretty sweet. Krow and I played quite a bit of 4 and 4A... the singleplayer anyway :p Is the framerate bad?

wwm0nkey

How is the Operator stuff? Game looks pretty sweet. Krow and I played quite a bit of 4 and 4A... the singleplayer anyway :p Is the framerate bad?

I haven't tried Operator mode yet but my current team mates used it when in a match and they said its awesome. Helps A LOT with strategy and awareness and hearing a guy giving you commands and telling you where the stuff is kind of makes the online a bit more intense too. That goes double for when you are doing a Conquest mission and you hear the guy say "18, behind you" only to know when you turn around there is going to be a mech right in your line of sight.

Duncan what's the deadline for the montage clips again? the 28th?

You have enough clips yet?

Heh, I guess it is Tuesday. Weekly reminder time! You have one week remaining.

Napsta, I've had plenty of clips submitted, but more are always welcome. I'm going to capture them ALL and then filter depending on how editing progresses and how long I decide to make the final video. I was thinking of taking whatever extra clips I end up with and making a second montage with those, with a little more freedom to make crazy editing choices.

montage.jpg

Submission format, ranked by preference (i.e. flexibility for me):
1. Link to full game film in your file share, with a time stamp and description (e.g. Triple Kill at 3:43).
2. Link to film clip in your file share. (Be sure to pad it with a few seconds before/after.)
3. HD capture of your clip. (Can also be a link to the film rendered on B.net)
4. SD capture of your clip.

How to submit:
- Send me a PM on GAF with a link to your submission.
- Email me a link, or even send me the file if it's small enough. (ncsuDuncan@gmail.com)
- Submit a link here: http://HaloGAF.com/montage

- You can submit as many clips as you want. Everyone will get at least one clip in the montage, more if time allows.

Submission Deadline: March 27th. (Not a hard cutoff date, but after the 27th I'll start making final selection decisions for the montage and clips submitted after that will not be guaranteed a spot.)

A brief story, we were playing reflection the other day, when I say we, I mean me, Bobs and Popular Kittens Shanti. Anyway, there we are playing team slayer, when bobs informs us that red team have sword, to which I say "I'll handle it" because I had rockets.

However, out of the blue, comes Bobs, who decided that he would ignore my advice and decided to throw grenades like a mad man, which led to a less than desirable outcome...

Damn you Bobs!

Karl2177

A brief story, we were playing reflection the other day, when I say we, I mean me, Bobs and Popular Kittens Shanti. Anyway, there we are playing team slayer, when bobs informs us that red team have sword, to which I say "I'll handle it" because I had rockets.

However, out of the blue, comes Bobs, who decided that he would ignore my advice and decided to throw grenades like a mad man, which led to a less than desirable outcome...

Damn you Bobs!

Rocket player sucked. HUUUUUUUUGE TIME.

Duncan: When I submit my stuff will you say when you've downloaded it?

Happy Birthday Devo!

Mine is tomorrow, and I am in no way excited for it.

I'll send you clips later today Duncan. They will all be examples of my opponents being really bad, not me being any good at the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, changed my GT to ElzorTheBoom, sorry for the confusion.

Its Devos birthday? Happy Birthday, be sure to do something fun for it sometime soon!

The Brute is looking pretty solid, demon.

Thanks, though it wasn't quite what I wanted. For whatever reason I based it off the Halo 3 look, so its kinda cartoony, and while I like it, I'm torn on whether I should try again with a different style. I may just go ahead and finish it though and embrace it as more of a comic book style. That said, I'm open for critique if anyone has some, but just remember that I am not that great of an artist. At all. =P

Trey

Search "devolution" in posts. See what comes up.

I'm pretty sure I'm too lazy for that.

I'm still relatively new to the HaloGAF community. Don't we have cycles? It's spring time, shouldn't there be a new batch of complaints about something Reach does despicably wrong?

I'm pretty sure I'm too lazy for that.

I'm still relatively new to the HaloGAF community. Don't we have cycles? It's spring time, shouldn't there be a new batch of complaints about something Reach does despicably wrong?
There was a cure. It was called Halo 4. The hate is fading in low areas. But it will be back. Enjoy the time.

Top Bottom