• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

It seems to be easier to find DLC in ranked playlists. Went back for some Social Slayer a few weeks ago and it was almost nothing but on-disc maps, which was a real bummer.

Aren't the ranked playlists DLC required? I know Social Slayer isn't so that would explain why it rarely appears.

Overdoziz

Banned
Of course Trueskill exists, I've played enough games with my bad real life friends to figure that out. Doesn't change the fact that too often you get matched up with people that aren't even close to your skill-level.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Super Slayer is infuriating.

Awful fucking guests for teammates, nonsensical host choices, numerous host switches, TEAMS against randoms. Shitty low population count since the populace doesn't know what the fucking playlist is about.

FUCKING SWORDBASE AND PINNACLE TU

Booshka

You can download zero bloom gametypes?

I know you can change base traits, I was wondering what people were using for Halo 3 type settings.

Just search the gamertag "MLG Gametypes" in the File Share and download all the gametypes and maps that are in the file share, that's the best you are going to get. Or just take your friends into the MLG playlist under the Community section.

Karl2177

Perhaps you could elaborate or retract your ignorant suggestion.

http://research.microsoft.com/apps/mobile/showpage.aspx?page=/en-us/projects/trueskill/

http://research.microsoft.com/apps/mobile/ShowPage.aspx?page=/en-us/projects/trueskill/details.aspx

http://research.microsoft.com/apps/mobile/ShowPage.aspx?page=/en-us/projects/trueskill/faq.aspx

Interesting:

"...the TrueSkill ranking system's matchmaking procedure will eventually ensure that team killer will only play each other."
You really need to learn how to reword yourself without coming off as an ass.

Q: Why can two players in a party not be in two different teams?

A: This would open the possibility to cheat.
Shishka know about this?

Q: Does the TrueSkill ranking system reward individual players in a team game?

A: The only information the TrueSkill ranking system will process is:

Which team won?
Who were the members of the participating teams?
The TrueSkill ranking system takes neither the underlying exact scores (flag captures, kills, time etc.) for each team into account nor which particular team member performed how well.
And here is why TrueSkill fails. Each game should have its own skill system(which includes custom metrics) that accurately reflects player ability in the game.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Super Slayer is infuriating.

Awful fucking guests for teammates, nonsensical host choices, numerous host switches, TEAMS against randoms. Shitty low population count since the populace doesn't know what the fucking playlist is about.

FUCKING SWORDBASE AND PINNACLE TU

Haha not even joking, you just became one of my favorite Halogaffers.

Just kidding, I love you guys equally.

Maybe.

Halo 4 seriously needs to have an absolutely mandatory "YOU CANNOT PLAY ON LIVE WITHOUT WATCHING THIS" video come up when you first go into MM. It'd contain playlist information, basics of the gametype, etc.

Also, I'll raise your swordbase match and raise you one flag CTF on Pinnacle. 5v5 on a map the size of a closet that has rockets + extremely short distance between bases = fun for absolutely no one.

Perhaps you could elaborate or retract your ignorant suggestion.

Interesting:

"...the TrueSkill ranking system's matchmaking procedure will eventually ensure that team killer will only play each other."
I've read those before, try not get all in a huff for once.
I'm saying that I don't believe it's entirely Bungie's fault (largely though). Similar issues happen with Trueskill in the Gears series.

Fuchsdh

Do you guys play Reach with the Prioritize Skill filter enabled? I've started using that the other day but I haven't played enough in usual playlists to really see if it makes a difference.

EDIT:
Did you guys see this? X360 magazine states that Forerunners are the evil new threat in H4.
More to come in next issue, April 18.
Interesting, but I wonder if they are taking some info and making it into something more. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to fight forerunners, as long as they aren't all "evil". I would really like to see some complexity and more grey areas than past Halo's. Whatever we are fighting though, I doubt it is as simple as just this.

That is so awesome. Its crazy how many things get cut from game sometimes.

BTB Heavies has gone too far:

ibgtcXqJ9pB2T1.gif

iyhpo8SWjo9Yq.gif

Fingers crossed.

And that is simply amazing. Halo 4 should have some "fun" vehicles like these. Or hell, the Chopper.

Computron

Host quit? Don't worry, as soon as this black screen is over, we'll make his likely-to-quit teammate into the next host!

Repeat Ad Nauseum.

IxJkM.png

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Halo 4 Search Restrictions

Good Connection ☐
Language ☐
Skill ☐
No FUCKING GUEST ☑

Fracas

#fuckonami
TBH I find it odd that search restrictions are even in Halo.

I mean, wouldn't you think the game would find a solid connection and matchmake you with decent players without you having to ask it?

Homeboyd

I mean, wouldn't you think the game would find a solid connection and matchmake you with decent players without you having to ask it?
Preferential preferences!

Also, wonder if the customizable loadouts would allow for base player traits and damage modifers (for customs, put your knives away).

One loadout with higher damage output but slower base player speed. Another with lower grav effects but 3/4 health. Things along those lines. Again, customs options...

Customs.

Because the reality of that is hard to achieve?
... so they empower the customer?
You have to make a tough choice for better or worse.
Some people want to get into a game as soon as possible
-therefore be looser with skill restrictions
-therefore be looser with connection restrictions
Some people want the best, most reliable connection
-therefore the player is willing to wait longer to find a better quality connected match
Some people want the best skill suitability in a match
-therefore the player is willing to wait longer to find a better quality connected match

The option is there, because it's very challenging to have all three at once, especially in smaller playlists.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Preferential preferences!

Also, wonder if the customizable loadouts would allow for base player traits and damage modifers (for customs, put your knives away).

One loadout with higher damage output but slower base player speed. Another with lower grav effects but 3/4 health. Things along those lines. Again, customs options...

Customs.

BEES?

Because the reality of that is hard to achieve?
... so they empower the customer?
You have to make a tough choice for better or worse.
Some people want to get into a game as soon as possible
Some people want the best, most reliable connection
Some people want the best skill suitability in a match

The option is there, because it's very challenging to have all three at once, especially in smaller playlists.

Lol I understand. More wishful thinking than anything, really.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

The algorithims algorithmitize algorithmically to change the algocode algonomically thus allowing for more algos.

That is to say buttons don't do shit captain.

zap

Trying to play Reach... Realised there aren't any good playlists anymore... We're stuck in btb cos we like pain. :/ if you want some teammates inv gt:nzapster

Top Bottom