• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Risen

Alright my ride will here shortly, if you can make sure to tune in this weekend to support Halo.

Here's my info too.
uTSWA.jpg

Good luck mayne!

As far as MLG, do you think it could spice things up if they could add a live in-game person (i.e. a 9th player)? This person would be kind of like a camera man for the audience, able to flip between people (both 3rd and first person), and free float the camera? SC has a similar dynamic and it really engages the audience quite a bit.

Halo 4 maybs?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
As far as MLG, do you think it could spice things up if they could add a live in-game person (i.e. a 9th player)? This person would be kind of like a camera man for the audience, able to flip between people (both 3rd and first person), and free float the camera? SC has a similar dynamic and it really engages the audience quite a bit.

Halo 4 maybs?
Only if the spectator ghost guy is invisible. A floating/walking invisible camera. I think it'd be too much of a distraction otherwise. But it would still be hard to show the full scope and all the simultaneous action happening at any given moment.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yes a spectator mode that is actively keeping track of the events taking place in the match would make a world of difference. It would do wonders for grassroots Halo events too. It would breed comentators and would require minimal equipment to broadcast a high production feeling stream/event.

Risen

Yes a spectator mode that is actively keeping track of the events taking place in the match would make a world of difference. It would do wonders for grassroots Halo events too. It would breed comentators and would require minimal equipment to broadcast a high production feeling stream/event.

I'm intrigued... but first person is so much more exciting. Seeing a clutch play in the first person, with rock solid aim, under high pressure pulling multi-kills is lost in third person.

A lot of what makes Halo great to watch is just that... watching from a great player's perspective. You lose that with a floating camera.

Seems like it would have to be mixed in sparingly.

I'm intrigued... but first person is so much more exciting. Seeing a clutch play in the first person, with rock solid aim, under high pressure pulling multi-kills is lost in third person.

A lot of what makes Halo great to watch is just that... watching from a great player's perspective. You lose that with a floating camera.

It seems like a spectator mode in the vein of the Starcraft mode should be able to flip between peoples first person views. That said its not something I see working for a FPS game like Halo, outside of Lan's. Connection would kill it.

Tashi

No no no, of course first person. You can never get rid of that. However theres no way a caster can keep track of all players. Have the game assist the caster though. Let him know when a power weapon has been grabbed or when a player gets a double kill or something like that.

Any of ye guys drink this stuff?
bubblegumsoda.jpg

This stuff is the nectar of the gods. It's a Canadian brand that seems to be pretty popular over here. Popular-ish.

---------------

Best of luck Cyren! Better get there a night early so you can be one of 8 spectators with a seat!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Any of ye guys drink this stuff?
bubblegumsoda.jpg

This stuff is the nectar of the gods. It's a Canadian brand that seems to be pretty popular over here. Popular-ish.

---------------

Best of luck Cyren! Better get there a night early so you can be one of 8 spectators with a seat!

Shit's been around for a while. They have all kind of off the wall flavors (like really weird).

Havok

No no no, of course first person. You can never get rid of that. However theres no way a caster can keep track of all players. Have the game assist the caster though. Let him know when a power weapon has been grabbed or when a player gets a double kill or something like that.
Seems like they've got that tech in place with ATLAS, building it into the game itself and giving basically a Live Theater mode would be great. Those Starcraft spectator tools are really the bar they should aim for.

Shit's been around for a while. They have all kind of off the wall flavors (like really weird).

Yeah, it's been out here for years too but was surprised when Xand and ACM said they hadn't heard of it. We only get the not-so-weird flavours.

This project is killing my gaming. I'll be back on Reach in a week.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Jones Soda has been around for a while here on the US West Coast. My buddies and I were really into the bubblegum flavor back in middle school, circa 1998.

Tashi

Seems like they've got that tech in place with ATLAS, building it into the game itself and giving basically a Live Theater mode would be great. Those Starcraft spectator tools are really the bar they should aim for.
Agreed. Damn what if MS sold a specator application that connects a PC with all 8 Xbox 360's on LAN or can even tap in on Xbox Live. Like, you join a custom game as a specator, boot up the application on your PC. You turn your PC into a broadcasting booth.

Ship it.

DAMN IM GOOD!!!

This has probably been asked...

I am creating a custom game type and my buds want it to feel like Halo 3. Anyone have the proper Base Trait settings? I am talking about gravity, speed and jump etc.

Thanks

Agreed. Damn what if MS sold a specator application that connects a PC with all 8 Xbox 360's on LAN or can even tap in on Xbox Live. Like, you join a custom game as a specator, boot up the application on your PC. You turn your PC into a broadcasting booth.

Ship it.

DAMN IM GOOD!!!

Microsoft actually patented something similar back in 2006.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Anyone who believes Trueskill is real: Play some fucking Super Slayer.

I've been pulling double digits and my goddamn teammates can't pull there heads out of there asses and actually do something.

Anyone who believes Trueskill is real: Play some fucking Super Slayer.

I've been pulling double digits and my goddamn teammates can't pull there heads out of there asses and actually do something.
Oh I believe it's real.
Either terribly implemented by Bungie or just a useless algorithm but probably a mix of both.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
And this game can't pick a host worth a shit now for some reason.

Which is weird cause I played two games of Halo 3 that weren't laggy at all earlier.

Once again rolling Halo 3 Team Slayer if anyone wants to join. You know, TS is a pretty good playlist. Yeah, sometimes you get stuff like AR starts on Standoff but mostly it's games like Team BRs on Citadel.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Dont think you can set Bloom. How about the others?
Yeah, go to the in-game file share (in the Start button menu), do a search for Halo Waypoint, and download the TU Zero Bloom (not sure on the exact name) gametype. From there, I'm 80% sure you can edit the gametype more yourself. Remove armor abilities, bump movement speed and jump height to 110%. That's about as close as you can get, I think.

Microsoft actually patented something similar back in 2006.
Really hope something like this gets implemented with the Next Box.

Once again rolling Halo 3 Team Slayer if anyone wants to join. You know, TS is a pretty good playlist. Yeah, sometimes you get stuff like AR starts on Standoff but mostly it's games like Team BRs on Citadel.

A DLC map in Halo 3 matchmaking, I don't believe you.

Either terribly implemented by Bungie or just a useless algorithm but probably a mix of both.
Perhaps you could elaborate or retract your ignorant suggestion.

http://research.microsoft.com/apps/mobile/showpage.aspx?page=/en-us/projects/trueskill/

http://research.microsoft.com/apps/mobile/ShowPage.aspx?page=/en-us/projects/trueskill/details.aspx

http://research.microsoft.com/apps/mobile/ShowPage.aspx?page=/en-us/projects/trueskill/faq.aspx

Interesting:

"...the TrueSkill ranking system's matchmaking procedure will eventually ensure that team killer will only play each other."

Havok

Believe.
http://i.imgur.com/WYFMy.png[IMG][/QUOTE]It seems to be easier to find DLC in ranked playlists. Went back for some Social Slayer a few weeks ago and it was almost nothing but on-disc maps, which was a real bummer.

Man, that Mythic disc menu music is way better than the Reach menu ambiance, though.

[quote="HigherLevel, post: 36272372"]Aren't the ranked playlists DLC required? I know Social Slayer isn't so that would explain why it rarely appears.[/QUOTE]
No idea, that's probably it though. Edit: Ranked TS is not DLC required.

Top Bottom