• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Question regarding trueskill: Does trueskill look at your overall stats at all? Or does it only look at your stats in that specific playlist?
It is based purely on the wins, losses, and your Trueskill relation to your opponents and teammates in those games.

3 and Reach implemented it separately for each playlist. That means every player currently has 20 TrueSkill values in Reach and 14 TrueSkill values in 3.

The Arena Trueskill resets at the beginning of the season.

Overdoziz

Banned
It is based purely on the wins, losses, and your Trueskill relation to your opponents and teammates in those games.

3 and Reach implemented it separately for each playlist. That means every player currently has 20 TrueSkill values in Reach and 14 TrueSkill values in 3.

The Arena Trueskill resets at the beginning of the season.
I don't get why your overall stats don't at least have some influence on your trueskill in playlists where you haven't played a lot in yet.

(This isn't specifically about Arena by the way)

TheOddOne

343 Guilty Spark? Floodgate? Floodgate is my second-favorite Flood level, behind 343 Guilty Spark, because it's so short.
I don't hate or really like Floodgate to be honest, the atmosphere is what really carried that level.

343 Guilty Spark is just terrible.

Magni

Is this the first time a girl has competed on the main stage in Halo? I'm hoping she's good (not necessarily Tizoxic-level, just a lot better than Gundown last game), could shut a lot of stupid people up.

MLG really needs to work on their stream, I feel like no one at the event is taking care of it :/ 5% games, 5% out of game commentary, and 90% downtime wub wub wub. I'd hope for at least 50% of people commentating, whether in-game or pre/post-game.

This is pathetic right now :/

edit: 15 minutes of gameplay (one round) for three hours of stream. Really?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is this the first time a girl has competed on the main stage in Halo? I'm hoping she's good (not necessarily Tizoxic-level, just a lot better than Gundown last game), could shut a lot of stupid people up.
I doubt it, unfortunately. Sexism and misogyny in (gaming) culture runs much deeper than that.

kylej

Banned

Queen's team made Championship Bracket at Nats. Golden Girl (Team Foxy) weren't bad in the H3 days too. She has one of my all time favorite Guardian games, where she dropped the D (well...) on Fearris and a bunch of other trademark warriors.

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=53831128

someone should render that, iirc it's pretty hilarious

Booshka

Where the fuck is my Friday night 4v4 broadcast? RIP MLG Halo.

They shouldn't have scheduled this much FFA to be streamed, just play most of it off stream, then play the last 3-4 rounds on stream, then show at least 2 matches of 4v4. 6 hours of FFA will make your eyes bleed.

The FFA on right now is worth watching, Pistola, Ninja and Str8 Sick are in the same game.

Putting power weapons in low-traffic places far away from the action is not a good way to promote movement. That's all I'm saying.
So you'd rather keep it in a spot where one team can get it on spawn faster than another? How else would you promote movement to a rarely used area of a map? You really think people would go to the Overshield portion of High Ground if OS wasn't there?

Overdoziz

Banned
So you'd rather keep it in a spot where one team can get it on spawn faster than another? How else would you promote movement to a rarely used area of a map? You really think people would go to the Overshield portion of High Ground if OS wasn't there?
By broken bridge you mean the one near the shotgun spawn, right?

kylej

Banned
I think it's kind of redundant for me to say Pistola is currently shitting.

edit. some kid just went neg 41 on the main stage. Time to buy a Wii after that round.

Magni

Pistola :bow: That triple (you know the one), wow!

And happy Teddy made top 4 with a nice margin despite being with those two pros (and THAT MONSTER!)

Booshka

And happy Teddy made top 4 with a nice margin despite being with those two pros (and THAT MONSTER!)

One of the Out-DMR's that Pistola got on Str8 Sick didn't even make sense. I got to see Wizard shit from his PoV. He jumped off the wall awkwardly on red street to throw off Str8 Sick's shot and beat him.

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/live

Just switch to Halo on the tabs.

By broken bridge you mean the one near the shotgun spawn, right?
No, I mean on this spot (on or near the bridge in the picture):

ulwap.jpg

It's been a while since I've played Powerhouse, but the shotgun still spawns near the gate, right?

Overdoziz

Banned
No, I mean on this spot (on or near the bridge in the picture):

ulwap.jpg

It's been a while since I've played Powerhouse, but the shotgun still spawns near the gate, right?
I thought the meant the spot on the bottom left on this picture:
LehPcl.jpg

I find it to fit the description "broken bridge" a bit better. :p

kylej

Banned
WHY THE FUCK is papa Walsh forced to talk to scrubs on the show floor while Gandhi sits up in the booth and rattles on about nothing. This is racism. I want Walshy to have the real commentary job.

Risen

Why am I looking at a stream of a crowd every time I visit the page? GTFO... if MLG advises the number of views is the most important thing for them, and that Halo is slipping here... why put on a show that would drive views DOWN.

I'm to the point I'm not sure I want MLG to pick up H4. I'd rather see Red Bull lans to be honest. Their production was better than any recent event I've streamed from MLG.

Booshka

Why am I looking at a stream of a crowd every time I visit the page? GTFO... if MLG advises the number of views is the most important thing for them, and that Halo is slipping here... why put on a show that would drive views DOWN.

I'm to the point I'm not sure I want MLG to pick up H4. I'd rather see Red Bull lans to be honest. Their production was better than any recent event I've streamed from MLG.

Ironically there is more downtime when you have more teams and competitors. When the Red Bull LAN only has 3-4 teams, they can keep things moving, but the logistics of dealing with 120 teams is a whole different ballgame. And Halo doesn't pull numbers like SC2, so they aren't gonna have 2 or 3 different streams. But, they need to find a way to have a match on with at most 10-15 mins of downtime.

Early retirement.

Late response, sorry.

Turns out a .gif of it would be huge, so here's a clip: http://minus.com/mbeUgcYFzf/

Fuck that. I dislocated my shoulder in the past and it was agony, I can only imagine what she went through. Probably caused some serious damage to the thing the way she held on aswell. How in the world did she go so long without tapping!?? Crazy. Aftermath must have been horrible if they had to pop it back in.

Magni

Ironically there is more downtime when you have more teams and competitors. When the Red Bull LAN only has 3-4 teams, they can keep things moving, but the logistics of dealing with 120 teams is a whole different ballgame. And Halo doesn't pull numbers like SC2, so they aren't gonna have 2 or 3 different streams. But, they need to find a way to have a match on with at most 10-15 mins of downtime.

And they need to find ways to fill up the downtime. Not wub wub wub for thirty minutes, and then the same SC2 match two minute recap over and over again.

edit: watching kids pretend like they can dance is not why I'm watching this stream MLG.

CyReN

Halo crowd is crazy (good way), even though MLG is really made this tourney difficult for us. The new monitors are horribe, really a lack of seats, seems Halo staff has been cut back alot with constant delays, no robocam, etc.

I got out first round ffa, Risen will vouch I am the worse FFA player ever but I tied Tsquared so lol. Trying to get Halo 1 started now. I will be in the, stands tomorrow and Sunday. W aren't a fan off FFA plus its going until 2am and warmups start at 8.

Booshka

Halo crowd is crazy (good way), even though MLG is really made this tourney difficult for us. The new monitors are horribe, really a lack of seats, seems Halo staff has been cut back alot with constant delays, no robocam, etc.

I got out first round ffa, Risen will vouch I am the worse FFA player ever but I tied Tsquared so lol. Trying to get Halo 1 started now. I will be in the, stands tomorrow and Sunday. W aren't a fan off FFA plus its going until 2am and warmups start at 8.

I'd much rather LAN H1 in a Hotel room than wait an hour to watch a 15 min FFA. Have fun, hope you do well tomorrow. Post pics when you can!

Havok

What in the world is up with the color temperature on the MLG captures? Zealot is almost green on Exclusive and Kid Ali's screen, or at least the capture from their screen. Zealot should not be green.

Walshy is a really great commentator, doesn't waste his time calling out scores and analyzes play instead.

Also, this FFA is really showing how awful Reach's shield recharge delay is. Anybody that gets engaged and loses their shield after getting a kill is almost guaranteed to die even after sitting there waiting for a recharge for what seems like forever.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

We can't look at Teddy and say well, she's a girl, it's nice she made it this far. Obviously as an AM player it's impressive. But, she's legit. I've had my ass handed by her a few times before. She's got Pro friends and gets some damn good play time with them.

I don't take her lightly whenever we cross paths on the map.

Blinding

What in the world is up with the color temperature on the MLG captures? Zealot is almost green on Exclusive and Kid Ali's screen, or at least the capture from their screen. Zealot should not be green.

That would be because of the VGA splitter/converter they use, I had the very same one and it did the exact same thing.

Cyren, was there any info about the delay on the monitors? A couple people had tweeted that it was an 8ms delay, which is just horrible when you're coming in after playing on a 2ms delay monitor at home.

I don't get why your overall stats don't at least have some influence on your trueskill in playlists where you haven't played a lot in yet.

(This isn't specifically about Arena by the way)
Trueskill assumes players are average at the beginning. Perhaps current Trueskill values in a played list could be used as a starter value for other lists the player ventures into. But this would mean a hardcore group of Actionsackers would match against pros in MLG...it's a difficult thing to try and implement.

Top Bottom