• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Has this been posted yet?

From this months OXM UK:

OXM+Halo4.jpg

Forerunners and/or Master Builder to be the enemy in Halo4, then?

Makes more sense than fighting The Didact as some had predicted.

From the same magazine that said hyped up a 'killer reboot' and ended up being AC3 which we already had information for a month prior to the release. I wouldn't get your hopes up until GI reveals their cover story.

edit: Nevermind, didn't read the whole post, my bad. I'm still going with
Precursors and maybe the Master Builder
as our main enemies and big bad, respectively.

Shadders

From the same magazine that said hyped up a 'killer reboot' and ended up being AC3 which we already had information for a month prior to the release. I wouldn't get your hopes up until GI reveals their cover story.

edit: Nevermind, didn't read the whole post, my bad. I'm still going with
Precursors and maybe the Master Builder
as our main enemies and big bad, respectively.

I think that makes more sense. I also can't imagine that OXM UK have been given permission to go to print with the Halo 4 reveal before GI in the US, so presumably GI will have the actual exclusive some point before 18th April.

There was some discussion earlier over which is the better map: High Ground or Powerhouse. It's most definitely High Ground, I think. At least with High Ground you can have some moderate fun in CTF and Assault.

One map is excels at Flag/Assault and the other King/3 Plots. I wouldn't really compare them.

Homeboyd

How come every time I post in the Halo 4 thread regarding a magazine everyone RUNS THE FUCK AWAY!??!?

Frankie, revive me again plz.

The mag I was referring to over there was posted above.

Magni

it's always 2 per screen in FFA. still pretty fun though. I only got 4th out of the 8 when I played a few year ago

Well, I guess that MLG FFA is very fast paced, so screen watching isn't much of a factor, but still. I'm pretty bummed by the whole split-screen thing in general. :(

Halo 4 save us!

Has this been posted yet?

From this months OXM UK:

OXM+Halo4.jpg

Forerunners and/or Master Builder to be the enemy in Halo4, then?

Makes more sense than fighting The Didact as some had predicted.
Personally, I think revealing any information on the campaign is a bad idea. It serves no purpose other than to take away the mystery behind it. By the time September or November rolls around, we're going to know enough to not be that enthralled when we actually play it.

Games like Halo, that have a good campaign and good multiplayer need to just do an all out trickle of matchmaking info leading up to the release of the game and go dark on campaign. You can't really spoil matchmaking. But you can spoil the campaign, which, if the magazine is true, kind of just did :-/

And [(High Ground = Powerhouse) < (Construct = Swordbase)]<<<<<<<<<<<[Most Halo:CE/Halo2 Maps]

Well, I guess that MLG FFA is very fast paced, so screen watching isn't much of a factor, but still. I'm pretty bummed by the whole split-screen thing in general. :(

Halo 4 save us!
it's just way too expensive to have that many people playing when they each get their own screen. You can have double the people playing at any one time

Magni

it's just way too expensive to have that many people playing when they each get their own screen. You can have double the people playing at any one time

True I guess.. but talking about money, is Reach the game where players win the least amount of money (even without taking coaches into consideration)? Times have changed.

I just like maps with interactive objects. I can't figure out why they seem to be moving away from that since H2 rather than towards it.

I think a big part of it was the addition of Forge. If you try blocking the Last Resort fan blades, movable objects literally disappear as long as the fan's passing through that area. It didn't help with the addition of immovable objects and everything. You know someone would have melted their Xbox if we got an Anniversary remake of Terminal because some dumbass would have put 50 kill balls on the tracks and crowded it up with scorpions to try and slow down the train to unlock the Haunted helmet or something.

EDIT: Or a more believable reason: they would have managed to get an Anniversary BTB community variant of Terminal into matchmaking where the reds spawn on the tracks as the train comes through or something.

Yeah, I like maps designed with a specific purpose. High Ground played well for those game types because it was made for them. Powerhouse was made for, um, I'm not sure. The flags were moved to the roof because the building interiors were so poorly done.
Moving the power weapons around would have been a better idea than moving the flag locations. Hell, just moving Rockets to the broken bridge would change up the movement on the map for the better.

I can say with almost 100% certainty that maybe in less than 5 games I've played, has the FR even been picked up in the first seconds of the game. Totally a non factor...
It was always my go to weapon in the beta. :-(

I can say with almost 100% certainty that maybe in less than 5 games I've played, has the FR even been picked up in the first seconds of the game. Totally a non factor...

It actually becomes Ol' Facemelter in Power Slayer. For those who don't know, you have a "heat" rating that goes up by kills, maxing out at three. The higher your heat, the more damage you do, but the slower you become. Even at 2 heat, the ramped up damage lets you fucking obliterate long-range targets in just a few seconds. Backed up by a competent team, it becomes even better than the Beta version.

Now that I'm reminded of Power Slayer, I'd love to see it return in Halo 4 upgraded. Maybe add three potential Heat loadouts (Attack is normal, Defense boosts shields and slows you down, and speed increases your base speed but lowers your damage) to change play styles a bit depending on what suits your playstyle/weapon choice.

Overdoziz

Banned
Moving the power weapons around would have been a better idea than moving the flag locations. Hell, just moving Rockets to the broken bridge would change up the movement on the map for the better.
That would be as dumb as putting power weapons in the barren phase 1 area on Spire. Oh wait, Bungie did that. lawl

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It actually becomes Ol' Facemelter in Power Slayer. For those who don't know, you have a "heat" rating that goes up by kills, maxing out at three. The higher your heat, the more damage you do, but the slower you become. Even at 2 heat, the ramped up damage lets you fucking obliterate long-range targets in just a few seconds. Backed up by a competent team, it becomes even better than the Beta version.

Now that I'm reminded of Power Slayer, I'd love to see it return in Halo 4 upgraded. Maybe add three potential Heat loadouts (Attack is normal, Defense boosts shields and slows you down, and speed increases your base speed but lowers your damage) to change play styles a bit depending on what suits your playstyle/weapon choice.
That gametype is called Hotshot. Power Slayer is where you get a different temporary power-up based on how you kill someone (I think).

I found myself having this weird, foreign feeling just now: I kind of wanted to play Invasion. But then I remembered it's not TU, and that snapped me out of it.

Fracas

#fuckonami

I made a custom variant of hotshot that was something like this. Turned out to be pretty fun, only problem is rockets break it completely.

That gametype is called Hotshot. Power Slayer is where you get a different temporary power-up based on how you kill someone (I think).

Yeah, I think you're right. Regardless, an expanded version of Team Hotshot would be awesome, because as far as balancing loadouts/killstreaks goes, it was surprisingly simple, but the effects were very visibly effective. Defensive tanks sticking to turrets and heavy weapons while overshielded backing up offensive, max-heat snipers/marksmen trying to handle a weaker, but lightning-fast spartan or two who just grabbed the active camo would be a pretty awesome scenario, not to mention entirely doable.

EDIT: Rockets would definitely be an issue due to the splash damage, but if it got tweaked the only issue would be camping. Lowering movement speed would promote less movement, so maybe it can take a headhunter route and make you more visible the higher your heat rating (maybe give players flaming heads that go from red to yellow to blue or something), and then just plain give you a waypoint when you're at 3, it would definitely encourage you to keep moving.

TheOddOne

Just finished re-playing Halo 3 SP, my god it still baffles me that the level Cortana was put in there. Such a shitty mission, while the rest is just excellent.

Top Bottom