• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

zap

I played all night and I don't think there is a single team slayer playlist I enjoy anymore. They're all either full of some brutal forge maps, ts/btb/super slayer, or have such few maps that they get old after a while, all the anniversary playlists. Is there any chance of squad, or something similar, coming back at some point?

We all beg everyday, but Frankie and David haven't answered our pleas.

By the way David, did you record the Sparkcast this last week? When will we get to hear it?

On a 360? Keep dreaming. Your PC has spoiled you and given you actual standards.

I see you've been watching Adventure Time btw.
dreamcrusher.png

I was actually rewatching season 2 the other day at work and I saw that face I knew it was destined to be my avatar. Plus it exemplifies my derpy ways.

1 pound feeeeesh

Computron

On a 360? Keep dreaming. Your PC has spoiled you and given you actual standards.

I see you've been watching Adventure Time btw.

Franky confirmed that halo 4 will run at 720p with AA. Plus, post process AA techniques like SMAA are really cheap, so although they will most likely use a similar custom solution, it's not that big of a stretch.

Cabbie said:
Congrats on member, Comp. And that BR render is looking awesome.

Thanks Bro!

I had not heard this, I thought he joined the Destiny team. Where did you hear this?

That's how I interpreted this:
Why slave over the difficulties of building a studio from scratch when I could start something new, working on a brand new IP right within Bungie itself?

So, it is with great care that I will be venturing back to Bungie on Monday. I will be teaming up with my longtime colleague, Joe Tung, to start the construction of a brand new team and project. We will be a lean and mean organization for a while until our first game pitch is ready, and then grow from there.

EDIT: Beaten, hard.

Nutter

Reach was awesome! What the heck are you talking about?

http://www.bungie.net/mobile/#playermodes?player=TJ Ram

Oh, you've played nearly 4,000 games of Reach, so you were being sarcastic. Good one, I can't stand those assholes that act as if everyone is supposed to hate Reach. Haha! Let 'em have it!

Serious question, have you EVER responded to anyone nicely?

I find it funny, not too long ago, certain people (including myself) were called Bungie defense force. eL oh eL

blamite

Aww man, I should probably actually get on Reach with you guys sometime, especially if I can knock out some achesements at the same time.

Franky confirmed that halo 4 will run at 720p with AA. Plus, post process AA techniques like SMAA are really cheap, so although they will most likely use a similar custom solution, it's not that big of a stretch.
Yeah, that's pretty much why I brought it up in the first place. SMAA is incredible, works so well and it's not taxing at all. Well, for a modern PC anyways. I guess the 360 might struggle, I dunno.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that about Bobs' mom.
Yes I did

I had a whole post lined up, I kid you not, a fairly long essay but when I saw this I deleted it all to say that my mom is a classy lady and would never be seen with a scoundrel like you.

It's not that it's the best, it's that everything else sucks worse, making it the best.

Other games are far better, sadly Reach has Halo in the title, and so people who have loved the series keep feeling compelled to play it. Personally I make that mistake all the time, then halfway through most matches just hand the controller to someone, for someone who gets tagged in a lot my sister still cant play the damn game. I am relying on her skills to get me my inheritor.

Gui_PT

I had a whole post lined up, I kid you not, a fairly long essay but when I saw this I deleted it all to say that my mom is a classy lady and would never be seen with a scoundrel like you.

Yeah you know we're just kidding. We respect your mother. Heck, Elzar even made an avatar with one of her pictures.

I hope it's not just me, but Halo 3 is a lot harder than Reach. Booting up the game for the first time in a long while and hopping into Team Slayer, I was having the hardest time landing headshots. I think it's because players are so much more agile, have a lot more mobility, and are able to utilize jumping more.

I feel like I'm playing worse than when I stopped playing regularly back in 2010.

I hope it's not just me, but Halo 3 is a lot harder than Reach. Booting up the game for the first time in a long while and hopping into Team Slayer, I was having the hardest time landing headshots. I think it's because players are so much more agile, have a lot more mobility, and are able to utilize jumping more.

I feel like I'm playing worse than when I stopped playing regularly back in 2010.

Its not just you lol, when I jumped back into Halo 3 Snipes I got my ass kicked. Partly because of the difficulty in adjusting between the two games, but also because I think Halo 3 has faster kills times, more agile movement etc, players can kind of do more with what they have. To me Reach feels like its more about abusing certain power weapons and AA's. With Halo 3 people cant really do that.

Overdoziz

Banned
Its not just you lol, when I jumped back into Halo 3 Snipes I got my ass kicked. Partly because of the difficulty in adjusting between the two games, but also because I think Halo 3 has faster kills times, more agile movement etc, players can kind of do more with what they have. To me Reach feels like its more about abusing certain power weapons and AA's. With Halo 3 people cant really do that.
You're just a scrub!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yet another cheesemint party. Twas fun. Hope no one gets credit banned. LOL
Damnit, I always miss these. Took me hours to get into a group for Defiant 1-flag.

Every multiplayer achievement in Halo 4 will be map and gametype specific. Mark my words, 343i are sadists.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think it's great news. Awesome time to be a Halo/Bungie fan. We've got Halo 4 on the way and TWO new games from Bungie.
Agreed. I just hope Lehto's game isn't some bullshit iPad exclusive but rather an Xbla title or something like that.

Don't worry! you were playing against me. There is no shame in losing then :p

Fuchsdh

Good luck getting those cheevos. The Infection-related ones were a royal pain, especially since getting an Anniversary FFA Infection gametype is hard, and given that there are only 8 players only one person can possibly get the achievement per round (thus if there are non-boosting players it's likely a crapshoot that you have a chance to get it.)

I can say kudos to Waypoint for giving me some sort of motivation to actually complete the Halo games I have, not sure if it's worth picking up Halo Wars though (I love Halo, but I'm a big Age of Empires/StarCraft player so the dumbed-down controls might just frustrate me.)

We have one of the worse seeds, may play a pro team lol.

Ok, a sports fan might explain this to me: what is the point of matching best and worst seeds off each other? Why not similar seeds until the final games?

Top Bottom