• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How exactly do you mispronounce that? You mean adding the s?
No, pronouncing the S. I'm assuming he was trying to say Spanish for three, tres.

PS: Liked Gandhi's "t-rex arms" line, heh.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, you aren't supposed to say the S in tres?
No, you are, haha. Gandhi said "tre". I thought maybe he was going for French, too, but "trois" sounds pretty different than "tre".

Anyways, that last game was fun. It was fun watching Roy's playstyle. Said wat @ Walshy Clones from Outer Space. Oh, and wish I could've caught Cyren's game earlier, but I've spent mose the day doing homework. :-( Did Jazzy go yet?

Magni

What in the world is up with the color temperature on the MLG captures? Zealot is almost green on Exclusive and Kid Ali's screen, or at least the capture from their screen. Zealot should not be green.

Walshy is a really great commentator, doesn't waste his time calling out scores and analyzes play instead.

Also, this FFA is really showing how awful Reach's shield recharge delay is. Anybody that gets engaged and loses their shield after getting a kill is almost guaranteed to die even after sitting there waiting for a recharge for what seems like forever.

At least one of the screens has fucked up color settings, Zealot looks green like you said. It feels like the game just switched to a new map whenever Jeenyus switches back to someone with a proper purple Zealot.

Oh, and Walshy and Bravo are awesome, always liked the guys. Gandhi's a nice guy, but he's not that great of a commentator honestly.

edit: oh shit, an Inheritor made it to round 4!

Overdoziz

Banned
"Chromium, Kaiss, Lloyd Newman, Chamili >>> Katy P, A Janitor, Scrub, Vivacious Jazzy"
Tweeted by MLGHaloScores about a hour ago. I'm guesstimating Jazzy reached the 3rd round then?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
"Chromium, Kaiss, Lloyd Newman, Chamili >>> Katy P, A Janitor, Scrub, Vivacious Jazzy"
Tweeted by MLGHaloScores about a hour ago. I'm guesstimating Jazzy reached the 3rd round then?
Isn't that a kid on HBO!?!?

Ramirez

Well it is better than every other shooter on the 360 besides Halo 3, so yeah.

I don't agree, opinions and all that. Reach's MP isn't the only problem I have with the game, the campaign & FF were both huge steps back from ODST, IMO.

Noobs, I play Reach for the social aspect more than anything else. I've said many times the game sucks, but the current alternatives aren't any better.

I still have 370 games to go before I hit 4,000 MP games, and I'd wager about 1,000 (probably more!) of those have been complete face melting games where half of the other team, or the entire team has quit out, resulting in a 5 minute match, heh. When I hit over 10K games you can accuse me of actually liking the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That ain't even right.
I was just joking. I actually have a deep respect for HBO and HBO culture. Some of my best friends are from HBO!

But seriously, no disrespect to HBO. Just the loonies.

I don't agree, opinions and all that. Reach's MP isn't the only problem I have with the game, the campaign & FF were both huge steps back from ODST, IMO.

Noobs, I play Reach for the social aspect more than anything else. I've said many times the game sucks, but the current alternatives aren't any better.

I still have 370 games to go before I hit 4,000 MP games, and I'd wager about 1,000 (probably more!) of those have been complete face melting games where half of the other team, or the entire team has quit out, resulting in a 5 minute match, heh. When I hit over 10K games you can accuse me of actually liking the game.

Yeah I agree that ODST was better as far as campaign and FF go but it didn't have it's own MP so I'd place it below Reach.

Ramirez

It's not that it's the best, it's that everything else sucks worse, making it the best.

I think Halo 3 & Bad Company 2 are vastly superior games, but their time in the lime light has come and gone. It's just natural to move on to newer games, and the current crop of fresh games is pretty abysmal. It's ok though, Blizzard is here to save me on May 15th.

ODST came packaged with some of the best maps Halo 3 had to offer, so I can't say with a straight face it goes below Reach.

I think Halo 3 & Bad Company 2 are vastly superior games, but their time in the lime light has come and gone. It's just natural to move on to newer games, and the current crop of fresh games is pretty abysmal. It's ok though, Blizzard is here to save me on May 15th.
I played a Halo 3 FFA today at level 43 and won it using only an AR. That shit is ridiculous in that game.

You played scrubs, congrats.
Maybe, but it's a lot more fun to use the pistol in Reach than the pistol and AR in 3. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things I like in 3 (and ODST) that were lost.

You don't find the 3 AR to be a tad too powerful? It just seems like the weapon sandbox in 3 was more centered around the AR and in Reach more around the pistol.

Ramirez

Maybe, but it's a lot more fun to use the pistol and DMR in Reach than the pistol and BR in 3. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things I like in 3 (and ODST) that were lost.

You don't find the 3 AR to be a tad too powerful?

I never had a problem with the Halo 3 AR as long as I had a BR...the spray and beatdown was annoying, but Reach introduced the sprinting double melee AND made it impossible to counter a sword/shotgun with a bleed through beatdown. The Sword is so OP without bleed through in the TU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n-bhI12SK8&list=UU3iwk4pq6OYw9MGPvhFFUKg&index=7&feature=plcp

Poor AR guy. :(

Risen

Maybe it's just 'cause I've had too much to drink, but that AR clip of Ram's made me lol.

And yes... Cyren is the worst FFA player ever... I am only slightly better at second worst. Too much team shooting, too little kill stealing.

Drunk Halo anyone?

I wish I capped the game the other day where I took a sprinting swordsman down with three DMR shots, blocked the sword to pop his shields, and then put one in his head to win 50-49. If it was TU we would have lost.

senador

Banned
I had not heard this, I thought he joined the Destiny team. Where did you hear this?

He posted it on his blog a few months back.

Marcus Lehto said:
So, it is with great care that I will be venturing back to Bungie on Monday. I will be teaming up with my longtime colleague, Joe Tung, to start the construction of a brand new team and project. We will be a lean and mean organization for a while until our first game pitch is ready, and then grow from there.

Risen

I wish I capped the game the other day where I took a sprinting swordsman down with three DMR shots, blocked the sword to pop his shields, and then put one in his head to win 50-49. If it was TU we would have lost.

If you had worse internet, you would have lost.

Hey You

Yep, Lehto came back to Bungie to start a new IP with a small team lead by him. There is no info on it and I think they've only been working on it for a couple months.

Yeah, I think there are only 3-4 guys working on it. I would expect some Mobile game (published by Aerospace).

Ramirez

I love how you act like the sword block was anything but random luck.

Dude had the most epic day. FFA Friday is so much more fun.

I'm hearing its 5ms.

Heres our room btw - http://imgur.com/yXjkd.jpg

I see you're at the red roof. Creeper mode activated.

Yeah those guys dumped on me. Got 8th place. I feel a little better when I learned Pistola got knocked out the same round.

MLG cut off their stream, so fucken wrong.

Watched the most intense game after. I think bravo was recording some on his phone for youtube. Had a nice conversation with walshy after too. I love events :)

CyReN

Dude had the most epic day. FFA Friday is so much more fun.

I see you're at the red roof. Creeper mode activated.

Yeah those guys dumped on me. Got 8th place. I feel a little better when I learned Pistola got knocked out the same round.

Watched the most intense game after. I think bravo was recording some on his phone for youtube. Had a nice conversation with walshy after too. I love events :)
Room 623 if you want in.

Recarpo

I played all night and I don't think there is a single team slayer playlist I enjoy anymore. They're all either full of some brutal forge maps, ts/btb/super slayer, or have such few maps that they get old after a while, all the anniversary playlists. Is there any chance of squad, or something similar, coming back at some point?

Top Bottom