• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

To be fair you aren't really listening either.

As for them picking up your nades? If they go down to your level for your nades, you just broke their set up and you might even get os spawn.

Nope. The time I managed a spawn other than down below it was a 2nd level spawn near the ramp and I got killed with a rocket. The map and its spawns suck. If you want an example of decent spawning and the ability to take out people who reside on top, look no further than lockout. Prisoner is far too open in the middle and the spawns are not protected nor spaced properly away from the top control.

Nope. The time I managed a spawn other than down below it was a 2nd level spawn near the ramp and I got killed with a rocket. The map and its spawns suck. If you want an example of decent spawning and the ability to take out people who reside on top, look no further than lockout. Prisoner is far too open in the middle and the spawns are not protected nor spaced properly away from the top control.
I know the spawns suck, i'm not debating that.

All I'm saying is that you can break the prisoner "set up".

From now on, if anyone on Xbox Live gives me any shit I'm going to say the following:

"You don't understand! This is about the brotherhood of man on planet Earth.

Physical violence is the least of my priorities."

Also saw a trailer for Stephanie Meyer's next cash cow for teenage girls.

Werewolves and vampires are so dreamy. I hope there are some in Halo 4. Could help sales.

Just made the mistake of checking out that Racist Hunger Games Tweets thread. Before clicking the link I thought "everyone in here will unite and either mock the racists or weep for humanity". I am still so naive in the ways of GAF. HaloGAF remains bestGAF.

zap

Werewolves and vampires are so dreamy. I hope there are some in Halo 4. Could help sales.

Just made the mistake of checking out that Racist Hunger Games Tweets thread. Before clicking the link I thought "everyone in here will unite and either mock the racists or weep for humanity". I am still so naive in the ways of GAF. HaloGAF remains bestGAF.

The few times I venture out I get scared.

Hold me.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tashi, to get Overkills you just have to spam nades. Found this while going through my clips for the montage. lolz

4 nades == Overkill. Hey that's ironic.
That's actually funny that you mention grenades. One thing I've been working on is not throwing my grenades so fast after spawn. Normally I get some callouts, prenade some places and then I'm out. Now I'm saving my nades for when I can use them in a manner that more directly effects an encounter. It's a tough habit to break so it's hard to gauge the results at the moment. I'm hoping to do it more consistently and get good results out of it. Maybe take my game to the next level :)

That's actually funny that you mention grenades. One thing I've been working on is not throwing my grenades so fast after spawn. Normally I get some callouts, prenade some places and then I'm out. Now I'm saving my nades for when I can use them in a manner that more directly effects an encounter. It's a tough habit to break so it's hard to gauge the results at the moment. I'm hoping to do it more consistently and get good results out of it. Maybe take my game to the next level :)

I almost always save grenades for the typical pre/early-encounter shield-softening or as batman-style smoke bombs for when things start to go badly and I need to escape.

Inevitably I get caught between those two extremes and end up with no shields and no chance of defeating my opponent which leads to me frantically off-loading all of my grenades so that at least the other team won't get them when they loot my corpse.

TheOddOne

I saw The Hunger Games tonight, going in with no information whatsoever aside from the trailer, I walked away happy. I felt the ending felt a bit rushed, but overall, good movie. Anyone read the books? Worth it?
The first book is way darker then the movie. They changed much of the origin of pin and the dogs you see at the end.

23kbyfc(1).gif

Ha, you seem to always have the best gifs, please teach me master.

Fuchsdh

The Hunger Games wasn't a bad film, the kid/YA actors were surprisingly good (especially the one who I guess learned how to not act after working with Brendan Fraser on Journey to the Center of the Earth.)

What I hated was the cinematography and visual design. The sort of "it's 18th century aristocratic France! But modern!" thing they were going for just didn't work, and I'm tired of postapocalyptic meaning "desaturate the colors! Add more camera shake. No, not just handheld, I want the DP to look like he has Parkinsons!"

Also, anyone else think that someone was watching too much Red Dwarf?
stanley-tucci-hunger-games.jpg

p007808s_640_360.jpg

FyreWulff

You have one too, shoot back. All of above works, trust me.

Won't work with randies obviously, but if you are going in alone you should expect to lose on Prisoner.

Prisoner has a spot where blue team can stand on an upper ledge and have red team literally spawn below and in front of them for easy 3 shot kills, over and over again.

The map just does not work in a modern Halo. Another map should have been remade in it's place. It's the stinker of the Anniversary Map Pack.

I saw The Hunger Games tonight, going in with no information whatsoever aside from the trailer, I walked away happy. I felt the ending felt a bit rushed, but overall, good movie. Anyone read the books? Worth it?
I couldn't relate to some of the more girly stuff, but the books are an incredibly fast read, so yeah it's worth it.

Yea, I told my wife that the movie would have been a lot better with an R rating, You could tell they used quick camera cuts/shakes/edits/whatever to mask the violence.
Watch Battle Royale

Gui_PT

My friend in college was trying to explain the concept of that (amazing) movie to us, we just didn't believe him, nor did we think it actually existed.

Of course he left out the important part, that it was Japanese. But, I eventually saw it. Number 2 was not so great.

Weeaboo

Awesome awesome movie

My friend in college was trying to explain the concept of that (amazing) movie to us, we just didn't believe him, nor did we think it actually existed.

Of course he left out the important part, that it was Japanese. But, I eventually saw it. Number 2 was not so great.
I didn't even realize that there was a part 2. I'll stay away, though.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Tried playing Halo 3 last night (no Recon, wah), and I couldn't adjust to the bumper jumper setting. Press 'x' to reload/swap/operate is too engrained into me now. Boo. I hope Halo 4 keeps Reach's default controller setting, because it's one of the things that just works perfectly.

TheOddOne

Tried playing Halo 3 last night (no Recon, wah), and I couldn't adjust to the bumper jumper setting. Press 'x' to reload/swap/operate is too engrained into me now. Boo. I hope Halo 4 keeps Reach's default controller setting, because it's one of the things that just works perfectly.
And I thought I was the only one, feels so bizarre.

Speaking of Edge, their teaser(?) page for April looks really weird:
Halo related?

It's as easy for me as riding a bike. I've switched between Reach, Halo 3, and ODST so much in the last few months and now all it takes is a couple of games in the respective title and I'm adjusted once again. Personally, I hope RB is back to reload.

Everyone should use bumper jumper. Using the jetpack makes you a scrub anyway.

Meh, when you dont take the game very seriously the Jetpack is worth it. If I found Reach fun to play as a competitive game I would agree with you though. Luckily I can switch between Halo 3 Bumper Jumper and Reach Default pretty seamlessly. TBH I think that's partly because I still use lb to jump, jetpack just does the jumping instead of the legs. :p

Overdoziz

Banned
Meh, when you dont take the game very seriously the Jetpack is worth it. If I found Reach fun to play as a competitive game I would agree with you though. Luckily I can switch between Halo 3 Bumper Jumper and Reach Default pretty seamlessly. TBH I think that's partly because I still use lb to jump, jetpack just does the jumping instead of the legs. :p
Scrub.

FyreWulff

Thinking for my last day of vacation I'm going to do complete straight-through runs of 3, ODST, and Reach. Would be cool to have the last recorded games for each on Bungie.net be the last level of each.

Also remember that you have a little over 24 hours to decide what nameplate you want in the lobby forever.

I enjoyed using the jet pack immensely. The controls were perfect. But jetpacks ruined a lot of the maps at the same time. Enclosed would have been such a wonderful forge map without jetpacks. ;_;

Top Bottom