• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

I enjoyed using the jet pack immensely. The controls were perfect. But jetpacks ruined a lot of the maps at the same time. Enclosed would have been such a wonderful forge map without jetpacks. ;_;

Yeah, for me its a scenario where I do find the things fun, and think they controlled really well, but because of what they do to the greater sandbox they should be removed.

I enjoyed using the jet pack immensely. The controls were perfect. But jetpacks ruined a lot of the maps at the same time. Enclosed would have been such a wonderful forge map without jetpacks. ;_;
Despite the extra effort that would be involved, it was a poor move (or lack thereof) to not pair gametypes with maps. You don't throw every weapon on a map (although Battle Creek really tried their damnedest to do so), why oh why would you do the same for loadouts/Armor Abilities? Or better yet, just start with two of the least offensive AA's in Sprint and the wonderful Hologram across the board for everyone, and put any others that suit a specific map as pickups.

MLG = +1
Reach playlist manager = -5

Frankie, more vistas like this please in Halo 4 SP, thanks.

3263249-Full.jpg

And lighting too.

Thinking for my last day of vacation I'm going to do complete straight-through runs of 3, ODST, and Reach. Would be cool to have the last recorded games for each on Bungie.net be the last level of each.

Also remember that you have a little over 24 hours to decide what nameplate you want in the lobby forever.

Will we be able to upload screenshots? I guess answer is no :(

Yeah, for me its a scenario where I do find the things fun, and think they controlled really well, but because of what they do to the greater sandbox they should be removed.

Having gone back and forth between Halo 3 and Reach for the last couple days, it really does hit you how much of an improvement Reach is from a technical standpoint. It plays better, feels more responsive, etc. It looks great.

Where it starts to unravel a bit is the overly ambitious changes to the core gameplay. When I see people flying around with jetpacks.. all I can think is "What the fuck is that?" And then (pace my DMR shots) shoot them down like clay pigeons.

Risen

I agree with the rest... I just am not sure how Reach plays better and is more responsive?

There is less inertia in 3, base movement is faster, and the input for aiming feels much more responsive to me.

Maps + the way AA's were implemented automatically preclude Reach from playing better; for my money anyway.

CyReN

I agree with the rest... I just am not sure how Reach plays better and is more responsive?

There is less inertia in 3, base movement is faster, and the input for aiming feels much more responsive to me.

Maps + the way AA's were implemented automatically preclude Reach from playing better; for my money anyway.

Halo brunch?

FyreWulff

Will we be able to upload screenshots? I guess answer is no :(

Not until 343 gets their file share system up and running in summer. And if they're going with the literal summer instead of fiscal summer or something like that, that's going to be in like.. July. Unless it's coming up the last week of June.

Not until 343 gets their file share system up and running in summer. And if they're going with the literal summer instead of fiscal summer or something like that, that's going to be in like.. July. Unless it's coming up the last week of June.

Are you sure the system isn't embedded in the .map file?

Just sat for the past hour looking threw my art books

The Art of Halo 3
Mass Effect Universe
Assassins Creed 1 ArtBook
Doom 3 Art Book
World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King ArtBook
Metal Gear Solid HD collection Art Book
The Elder Scrolls Skyrim Artbook
Metal Gear Solid Artbook
Metal Gear Solid 2 Artbook
World of Warcraft Artbook
Alien Vs Predator Artbook
Half Life 2 Raising The Bar

Such a great collection of art, i suck at drawing :(

Think im going to grab the rest of the Halo ArtBook's for my collection. And the art of epic mickey.

InB4Stalkerhaspicturebooksbecausehecantread

Those MGS art books must be amazing. <3 Yoji Shinkawa

They really are, MGS has some of the most striking and unique art iv seen from a game and the books are full of it. Its amazing looking at all the cut content, especially MGS2.

Sadly they are written in Japanese and the quality of the art has a great variety of quality with some looking as if they got scanned from a napkin and others looking as if they were painted on by Yoji himself.

The HD collection art book is the highest quality one by far.

Speaking of quality the GF collects Pixar artbooks and they quality of those is outstanding

Weapon feedback in Reach is great. You can really tell the difference by the plasma pistol. Load up Halo 3, fire the PP, and then load up Reach and do the same.

We need to see this.

There was only one copy and it was cast back into the fiery pit from whence it came.

Imagine season one of RvB, only with sloppier camera work, no humor at all, and featuring bored players that inexplicably start to shoot each other. It was filmed in one night (being due the next day) and all of the voice work (even female characters) was recorded by one guy because he was the only person still awake.

Relevant.

So 5pm today is the last day to send the clips in, right Duncan?

For guaranteed entry in the montage, yes.

Anyone that wants to submit a clip after that can still do so (especially if they didn't submit any before) and will be included as long as I still have a spot in the montage.

Just be sure to include your gamertag and the name of the clip so I can find it with the in-game file browser.

Clips of what? I'm so out of the loop!

The HaloGAF Montage I've been talking about for four weeks. :p

Louis Wu

Fun fact: I saw it when it first came out on TV. I was almost 13. I watched the whole thing. I can't remember thinking it was really awful, even.

I think I was just too stupid to notice. :(

Edit: ROFL - apparently you're supposed to drink an $8 bottle of sparkling wine when you hit Inheritor.

I wouldn't celebrate PUBERTY with that swill. :(

When/if I hit Inheritor I'm snapping my Reach disc in half and throwing my xbox out the window. Either that or I'm going to eat an entire case of twinkies while drinking a tub load of Jolt cola.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The best part about getting the 100 perfections was not reaching Inheritor. That's a whole nother level of poopsocking.

Weapon feedback in Reach is great. You can really tell the difference by the plasma pistol. Load up Halo 3, fire the PP, and then load up Reach and do the same.
Noticed this yesterday when I was playing The Storm. Compared to Reach, the weapon feedback in H3 is shitty.

Fun fact: I saw it when it first came out on TV. I was almost 13. I watched the whole thing. I can't remember thinking it was really awful, even.

I think I was just too stupid to notice. :(
I remember being extremely confused as to why the guys from The Honeymooners and The Carol Burnett Show were in my Star Wars. Looking back on it, I bet they were as equally confused.

Top Bottom