• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

It's as easy for me as riding a bike. I've switched between Reach, Halo 3, and ODST so much in the last few months and now all it takes is a couple of games in the respective title and I'm adjusted once again. Personally, I hope RB is back to reload.

I love melee on RB. I think that's perfect.

Reach's default control scheme is so good.

I'm sure there will be options to fit everyone's control scheme tastes though.

Are you guys doing that Halo 3 thing next Saturday?

Every time I try to play Halo 3 I want to shut off the Xbox almost immediately, so yeah I'll probably do it.

I was looking through some Frank Capezzuto concepts for Halo 3:
Halo 4, don't disappoint.

The Halo Franchise has always delivered stunning artwork, and while the games have some really cool visuals, they never seem to truly live up to the art. I hope Halo 4 changes that. If we can get not only stunning skyboxes but also amazing environments and designs I will be a happy person. Both Wraparound and Warhouse look nice, but pretty tame compared to the other art out there.. I can't wait to see more. =)

Speaking of Wraparound, I wonder why we have seen so little art from it compared to Warhouse?

Tunavi

Banned
The Halo Franchise has always delivered stunning artwork, and while the games have some really cool visuals, they never seem to truly live up to the art. I hope Halo 4 changes that. If we can get not only stunning skyboxes but also amazing environments and designs I will be a happy person. Both Wraparound and Warhouse look nice, but pretty tame compared to the other art out there.. I can't wait to see more. =)

Speaking of Wraparound, I wonder why we have seen so little art from it compared to Warhouse?
zZpaGl.jpg

me gusta

Welcome to 3d animated movies and games in general.

Retro

That's why I vote for Sword Base in SWAT.

Because I'm a dick.

As much shit as Sword Base gets, was there ever a match on Construct where the gold lift wasn't a BK butcher? And for that matter, isn't the elevator on Ivory Tower just a conveyor belt that conveniently delivers scrubs for easy points?

I mean, at least Construct had the two purple lifts and I'd take a dozen matches on it rather than play a single on Sword Base, but to be fair, Halo has always had it's fair share of maps with lifts that feed directly into newbie slaughterhouses. Sword Base is arguably the worst of them though. Bad spawns, lots of unused space full of same-looking hallways that don't always lead someplace useful...

kylej

Banned
As much shit as Sword Base gets, was there ever a match on Construct where the gold lift wasn't a BK butcher? And for that matter, isn't the elevator on Ivory Tower just a conveyor belt that conveniently delivers scrubs for easy points?

I mean, at least Construct had the two purple lifts and I'd take a dozen matches on it rather than play a single on Sword Base, but to be fair, Halo has always had it's fair share of maps with lifts that feed directly into newbie slaughterhouses. Sword Base is arguably the worst of them though.

Construct MLG.

I know we just talked about this, but Construct KOTH was one of the GOAT Halo gametypes, so slept on, yet so good. Construct without radar is a phenomenal map.

Overdoziz

Banned
Sword Base brings it to an entirely new level.

I mean, at least Construct had the two purple lifts and I'd take a dozen matches on it rather than play a single on Sword Base, but to be fair, Halo has always had it's fair share of maps with lifts that feed directly into newbie slaughterhouses. Sword Base is arguably the worst of them though. Bad spawns, lots of unused space full of same-looking hallways that don't always lead someplace useful...

If you're blue on sword base and trying to do oddball or hot potato, just commit seppuku.

Of course the easy counter is to come out of lift backwards, similarly equipped. Or do not go up elevator.

I usually don't even go to that side of the map, lol.

Although sometimes I do camp the vent with the shotgun just to see how many derps will go up the elevator, knowing full well I'm still up there with a shotgun.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I think the saddest part of Sword Base is watching randoms on my team walk up to the lift, chucking all their grenades, assuming the threat is gone for whatever ridiculous reason, then dying immediately. I will never ever ever understand the general Halo population.

I usually don't even go to that side of the map, lol.

Although sometimes I do camp the vent with the shotgun just to see how many derps will go up the elevator, knowing full well I'm still up there with a shotgun.

1 derp, 2 derp, 3 derp...
I remember a match awhile ago where I got a "Cutting Crew" from the same guys going up the vent over and over again, with one guy hanging back so they'd spawn close to each other.

At a certain point, I don't even feel sorry for them.

FyreWulff

They need to try a Team Mercenaries already. Max party size 1, minimum rank of Captain or Major to enter. If we're going to have so many slayer lists, might as well make them unique.

Team Slayer - bread and butter slayer
Squad Slayer - group v group slayer
Merc Slayer - randoms vs randoms

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I think the saddest part of Sword Base is watching randoms on my team walk up to the lift, chucking all their grenades, assuming the threat is gone for whatever ridiculous reason, then dying immediately. I will never ever ever understand the general Halo population.

There are plenty of meat grinders we all foolishly, but knowingly walk into.

Booshka

1 derp, 2 derp, 3 derp...
I remember a match awhile ago where I got a "Cutting Crew" from the same guys going up the vent over and over again, with one guy hanging back so they'd spawn close to each other.

At a certain point, I don't even feel sorry for them.

Stubborn idiots.

Retro

Construct Halo without radar is a phenomenal map. game

Fixed. Halo Customs or LAN parties, it's always map off, and they're always much better for it.

Sword Base brings it to an entirely new level.

I'm not disagreeing at all, that's why I said it's the worst; Sword Bake takes that Slaughterhouse Map Design to unprecedented heights. That such a map got into the game at all is scary.

Or do not go up elevator.

That's fine for me, but when the other chuckleheads on my team are continually feeding kills to the other team, even after I've said "Don't go up there, they're all in there and it's a trap" and they keep going up there anywaysit kind of stops making a difference. I guess they think one time they'll get the drop on all 4 of them magically and instantly win the game with coolness points?

Retro

There are plenty of meat grinders we all foolishly, but knowingly walk into.

Once. Maybe Twice. After that, it's pretty obvious there's a pattern emerging.
The average Halo Random? "17th time is the charm!"

What the hell is the other option anyway if the other team is ahead? Camp downstairs? lol.

In that particular case, where there's no way to flush that room? Not much. One more reason it's not a very good map. But I think the first thing you have to do when you're at the bottom of the hole is stop digging.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What the hell is the other option anyway if the other team is ahead? Camp downstairs? lol.

You would think the vent rooms would have more than 2 easily defensible entrances. Those walls suck at bouncing grenades.

Also, I probably shouldn't mention this, but back in my scrubby days, Sword Base was actually my favorite map.
In my defense, I didn't have Live, so I only played local matches with guys that had Halo Honor. Camping was never a problem.

You would think the vent rooms would have more than 2 easily defensible entrances. Those walls suck at bouncing grenades.

Also, I probably shouldn't mention this, but back in my scrubby days, Sword Base was actually my favorite map.
In my defense, I didn't have Live, so I only played local matches with guys that had Halo Honor. Camping was never a problem.

The vents and stairs are so easily camped. Then if you try to run up the ramps you just get team shot from the higher ramp, and someone in lobby finishes you off.

Get nade launcher + take the long way to the top + chuck nades inside the small camp infested area = profit.

Long way is crap see above.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Get nade launcher + take the long way to the top + chuck nades inside the small camp infested area = profit.

I need to get better with the grenade launcher, I suck so bad with that thing.
Only time I even really mess with it is when I'm in a match against horrendous guys, then I can just mess around with it and try to get "trick shots".

From what I've seen experienced people do with it, it can easily be as good as a rocket launcher, no?

TheOddOne

I need to get better with the grenade launcher, I suck so bad with that thing.
Only time I even really mess with it is when I'm in a match against horrendous guys, then I can just mess around with it and try to get "trick shots".

From what I've seen experienced people do with it, it can easily be better than a rocket launcher, no?
It took me some time to get use to it, but boy when you know how to use it you can wreck havoc.

Top Bottom