• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Quick question for GAF Veterans:

Was this picture a GAF meme first and then bishoptl made it his avatar? Or is it a GAF meme because he made it his avatar?

Just wondering which came first, to prevent possible photoshopping gaffes. (Basically, does it represent mods in general or just bishoptl?)

I forgot the real secret revealed to me at the Spring Showcase was what bish looks like.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
1)Is that a thing?
2)Why hasn't that Dennis guy been banned then?
3)Couldn't a mod just change the gifs to links and send a message to Letters about it?
4)The fuck?
1) I suppose so.
2) Dennis posts .gifs of whatever vidya game in question.
3) They could but they didn't.
4) Word.

Anyway, pretty sure it was this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35736123&postcount=574

For the record I myself had received a warning way back from Evilore when I had .gif spammed in a GoT thread.

GhaleonEB

Shit I was wondering why I kept doing that. Why is that site banned? (It's VGch4rts)

Also, HaloGaf needs its own playlist :)

Chartz is banned because their numbers are made up bullshit and their numbers kept derailing and misinforming discussions on GAF. One of the guys that ran the site posted here actively pushing his tripe, got told to stop and things didn't go well. That was a few years ago. At any rate, it was apparantly decided that their numbers caused so much confusion and misinformation that they were better off not getting brought into sales threads, and that was that.

Homeboyd

Chartz is banned because their numbers are made up bullshit and their numbers kept derailing and misinforming discussions on GAF. One of the guys that ran the site posted here actively pushing his tripe, got told to stop and things didn't go well. That was a few years ago. At any rate, it was apparantly decided that their numbers caused so much confusion and misinformation that they were better off not getting brought into sales threads, and that was that.
You're a useful guy to have around. Guess you can disregard my post about pre-orders then. Said Halo 4 had 103,000 pre-orders already.

Would never happen because people wouldn't be able to agree on settings.
Yeah, but together, we could troll the world. Think of the possibilities. Plus Waypoint would be super duper stoked on us.

Also, anyone have a few seconds to render this for me? I'd love your face for it.

- C. reeves

Tunavi

Banned
YOOOOO

anyone coming to austin for SXSW next week?

Squidhands, you going to any events? I'll be working at screenburn.

orznge

Banned
Not sure if I like this

Giving the player more freedom of movement through less restrictive physics and a higher base move speed would be better, but the sprint "mechanic" is something that no "high-end" commercial FPS will ever go without again.

Giving the player more freedom of movement through less restrictive physics and a higher base move speed would be better, but the sprint "mechanic" is something that no "high-end" commercial FPS will ever go without again.

I fear this. Sprint is bad and allows people to make terrible decisions in game and get away with it.

I'm hoping if it really is a wide spread feature on every spartan, that there is a way to turn off sprint entirely.

I don't like sprint, but given it appears we are looking at spartans that are very fast, can jump high, and appear very agile in general, so it shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is in Reach.

Overdoziz

Banned
Not sure why some of you care so much about sprint. Of all the problems with Reachs multiplayer sprint was the least of it. Besides, as much as I dislike it, it's pretty much a staple of the FPS genre now... sadly. It would be quite silly to remove it.
The problem really stood out on a recent game on Countdown I played. On a map like that people can get away so easily with the use of sprint it's really frustrating at times. Like so many AAs they just don't work in close quarters. At all.

The problem really stood out on a recent game on Countdown I played. On a map like that people can get away so easily with the use of sprint it's really frustrating at times. Like so many AAs they just don't work in close quarters. At all.

Would it still be a problem if melee combat was nerfed?

I'm thinking sprint is going to work how it does in COD. No HUD element, your player just gets "tired". I'm just hoping it is playlist specific or is just a voting option.

Overdoziz

Banned
Would it still be a problem if melee combat was nerfed?
Yeah, why wouldn't it be? I guess sprint doesn't exactly fall in the same kind of close quarter kind of problem. It's just that on a map with as much cover as on Countdown it's incredibly easy to run away from danger which poops on gameplay.

Agreed, but is the problem sprint or is the problem melee?
I'm not talking about the sprint+melee combo.

Top Bottom