• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Fyrewulf, did one of your maps get in matchmaking recently? A spire variant with a Gauss-Hog' near the cliff edge on red spawn?

I just played a game where within 10 seconds of it spawning, it was driven off a cliff by a disgruntled troll who didn't make in time to the gunner seat. NOT ONE TIME, BUT EVERY TIME it spawned.

Good times.

But I did end up catching this gem on rendered film because of it:

A busted-up flaming worthog that's missing 3 wheels, the turret and an engine but still drives.

That is a weird perspective. I have never been trolled like that. I know people like kills but usually I find myself in a race to the driver's seat.

Fyrewulf, did one of your maps get in matchmaking recently? A spire variant with a Gauss-Hog' near the cliff edge on red spawn?

I just played a game where within 10 seconds of it spawning, it was driven off a cliff by a disgruntled troll who didn't make in time to the gunner seat. NOT ONE TIME, BUT EVERY TIME it spawned.

Good times.

But I did end up catching this gem on rendered film because of it:

A busted-up flaming worthog that's missing 3 wheels, the turret and an engine but still drives.
WTF. The Warthog got shot by 3 dudes with DMR and it didn't explode. THAT'S AGAINST THE NATURAL LAW OF HALO: REACH! HOW'S THAT POSSIBLE?!

Why else would he say "don't know who took it.."?

Tashi ceiling has forced us to create a new race called "ThreeRunners"
What's Tashi ceiling again? My brain got filled out with useless information this week. I know it's important. I know I can use it to get a date with a woman. So... (It has something to do with triple kills I guess)

Otherwise: Is anyone interested in to play Reach? Or should I directly start playing ME3.

This sentence is also a pretty good summary of Reach itself.
oh_you_RE_Masturbational_Motivationals_RE_Dear_Blank_Be_Creative-s447x335-180525-535.jpg

Lol enough of these riddles!

Just hit me up when you bring H4 to NY.
WAKE UP TASHI!

I do hope if there is a Xbox promotion in NY, Frankie should post this.

Why? When I was playing it about a month ago I thought it was pretty awesome. Felt like someone had taken the shackles off my feet!
It is pretty awesome if it had Reach's netcode. Had a lot of fun in Splitscreen a few weeks ago. Otherwise still I could have played Halo 2 via splitscreen. Goddamnit I'm such an idiot.

Computron

On the subject of flaming Gauss-hog'

How does this happen?

it exploded just as the screen went black from host migrations. In fact theater mode had a weird glitch because of this where I could not record anything before the black screen or it would lock the camera. I tried filming the explosion and other shenanigans that happened at that time (there was also a falcon flying itself) but it wouldn't work. I tried like 30 times.

That is a weird perspective. I have never been trolled like that. I know people like kills but usually I find myself in a race to the driver's seat.

You know, Frankie, me too, when it's not a gauss hog. I've spent more time driving the hog in halo 3 than probably any other activity.

But this map is set up in a way such that just behind the Gauss Hog's spawn is a cliff. Game starts, I ran toward the hog, got in and waited for a driver. Some opportunist troll runs up to me and starts signaling me to get out with his DMR as if he owns the turret, but he got a little impatient and decided to drive me off the cliff and jump out at the last second before he gets killed. I see this all the time on Mt. Lam Lam. It's pretty funny I'll admit, but it ends up ruining the Gauss-Hog on the (only?) MM map to use it. That match it happened 4 times in a row right off the spawn. :-/

So the more I looked at the new BR, the more I started to really like the design. So much so, that I started modeling it:

iGD0Ml.jpg

Dr1YZl.jpg

Project is slowly coming together. I want to devote some decent amount of time to this, but my job and life keep taking up my free time, so I can only seem to get work done in short bursts. :(

Now that I've started looking at the smaller details in the gun, even though a decent amount of it is done via normal maps, the Halo 4 BR is definitely higher poly than the DMR was in Reach.

I can't believe how much less I enjoy Reach now that Squad Slayer and Anniversary Squad are gone. Matchmaking is only occasionally fun to me now. :-(

Seriously. The beauty of Squad slayer was in its party restrictions, something I feel is often overlooked when discussing the playlist. If you were in a party of 1-3 you would not be paired against a team of 4 or 5. I've played four games of Super Slayer so far; two of them were against teams of four, Inheritors and Reclaimers to boot. Squad Slayer was the closest we had to a much needed mercenaries list.

Now, the bigger scandal is the removal of Anniversary Squad. Why? There is literally nowhere to play TU Reach on DLC maps. You know, the content I've payed additionally for on top of the game itself.

If I want to play Team Slayer on DLC maps I have to be a Vanilla fetishist or play on the retrograde Anniversary settings.

Squad DLC: Vanilla
Anniversary Classic: Three shot pistol

Tell me where I can play TU with certainty on DLC maps?

Playlist management from 343 has been truely baffling.

zap

Seriously. The beauty of Squad slayer was in its party restrictions, something I feel is often overlooked when discussing the playlist. If you were in a party of 1-3 you would not be paired against a team of 4 or 5. I've played four games of Super Slayer so far; two of them were against teams of four, Inheritors and Reclaimers to boot. Squad Slayer was the closest we had to a much needed mercenaries list.

Now, the bigger scandal is the removal of Anniversary Squad. Why? There is literally nowhere to play TU Reach on DLC maps. You know, the content I've payed additionally for on top of the game itself.

If I want to play Team Slayer on DLC maps I have to be a Vanilla fetishist or play on the retrograde Anniversary settings.

Squad DLC: Vanilla
Anniversary Classic: Three shot pistol

Tell me where I can play TU with certainty on DLC maps?

Playlist management from 343 has been truely baffling.

I find that the anni maps have been showing up in all playlists a lot more recently, but I don't know if I'm just lucky. Actually all DLC has been showing up a ton, including Tempest, Condemned and Anchor 9 today.

I REALLY miss Squad Slayer though. DMR starts were the majority, very few crappy forge maps and party restrictions made it one of the best playlists in Reach by a mile.

TheOddOne

One of the senior designer Robogabo at 343 posted some intresting info:
Mjolnir armour designed by Robogabo
Battle Rifle designed by Sparth
Hi Poly and in-game assets made by Dan Sarkar
Mjolnir undersuit modeled by Sean Binder
Art Direction by Kenneth Scott
He also posts pics daily @ conceptart.org.

The website is awesome, great talent post there.

Top Bottom