• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

I said in an earlier post that I don't have vibration on. Haven't since Halo 3.

After this post Hitmonchan was never seen nor heard of again.
Just some random thoughts. Lol.

Alright, time to go drinking again. Apparently Boys Noize is playing at a Minecraft party. For free. On it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
In one of the Bulletins, there was mention of dropping armor. There could potentially be a heavy chest plate that absorbs more damage but can be dropped in cases where you need extra mobility. (Making the Spartan more like a tank.) Or there's a jetpack chest piece. (Making the Spartan more like a jetfighter.)
No need to drop yer armor. Let the nanobots do the work for you.

Interesting ideas!

PS: I'M GETTING ONLINE LET'S PLAY REACH.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe how much less I enjoy Reach now that Squad Slayer and Anniversary Squad are gone. Matchmaking is only occasionally fun to me now. :-(

GhaleonEB

"Here comes an enemy Falcon, and the bomb is on board, headed for the capture point. No worries. Nothing my rocket launcher can't handle. My team will label me a hero for what I'm about to do."

BETRAYAL

"WHAT?!?"

9AH7G.jpg

In reality, I was pulling off an awesome moment, and you were pulling off an awesome shot. They just weren't very compatible. :lol
My thoughts based solely off existing information (and are probably patently wrong):

Armor Abilities are not loadouts. They're a part of your Spartan customization. You choose pieces that cater to your playstyle.

In one of the Bulletins, there was mention of dropping armor. There could potentially be a heavy chest plate that absorbs more damage but can be dropped in cases where you need extra mobility. (Making the Spartan more like a tank.) Or there's a jetpack chest piece. (Making the Spartan more like a jetfighter.)
This is what I thought as well. Fuse armor abilities with the armory.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I can't believe how much less I enjoy Reach now that Squad Slayer and Anniversary Squad are gone. Matchmaking is only occasionally fun to me now. :-(

I know that feel. I'd play Super Slayer, but there are still the awful forge world maps to deal with. I had hoped changing Team Objective to 5v5 would help it's population issues (ie getting less people that can kick my ass, lol), but it's numbers haven't changed at all. I need a new favorite playlist.

This is was I was thinking.

Every Spartan has the same traits, but nanobots allow you to alter abilities slightly. So the armor changes in real time to reflect what ability you are currently using. Use the d-pad to select what trait you want to use.
So in other words the nanosuit from Crysis. I wouldn't mind that.

Fracas

#fuckonami
This is was I was thinking.

Every Spartan has the same traits, but nanobots allow you to alter abilities slightly. So the armor changes in real time to reflect what ability you are currently using. Use the d-pad to select what trait you want to use.

It's not a bad idea, but that sounds dangerously close to an exact duplicate of Crysis.

Lingitiz

I know that feel. I'd play Super Slayer, but there are still the awful forge world maps to deal with. I had hoped changing Team Objective to 5v5 would help it's population issues (ie getting less people that can kick my ass, lol), but it's numbers haven't changed at all. I need a new favorite playlist.

Super Slayer is pretty fun, population is small enough so that big parties don't stomp all over me. I do miss Squad Slayer though, it was my favorite playlist a few weeks back, and they decided to get rid of it the day I started playing again.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Super Slayer is pretty fun, population is small enough so that big parties don't stomp all over me. I do miss Squad Slayer though, it was my favorite playlist a few weeks back, and they decided to get rid of it the day I started playing again.

I'm guessing Super Slayer will end up being what I play regularly. Slayer playlists=scrub city most of the time.
Also, the BTB DLC requirement was a glitch and removed, right? I haven't gotten on today to check.

Lingitiz

I'm guessing Super Slayer will end up being what I play regularly. Slayer playlists=scrub city most of the time.
Also, the BTB DLC requirement was a glitch and removed, right? I haven't gotten on today to check.

Yeah, but I generally avoid playing the popular TS playlists, even in Halo 3. I usually get paired against teams of 3 or 4. I just hate being at that disadvantage, primarily because I play solo most of the time.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Territories on Hang'em is insane. O_O

Btw if anyone needs something rendered, let me know. Got too many minutes to use before the end of the month.

Computron

Fyrewulf, did one of your maps get in matchmaking recently? A spire variant with a Gauss-Hog' near the cliff edge on red spawn?

I just played a game where within 10 seconds of it spawning, it was driven off a cliff by a disgruntled troll who didn't make in time to the gunner seat. NOT ONE TIME, BUT EVERY TIME it spawned.

Good times.

But I did end up catching this gem on rendered film because of it:

A busted-up flaming worthog that's missing 3 wheels, the turret and an engine but still drives.

Tried out BTB Heavies earlier today

Enjoyed it. Need to rack up the vehicle kills. But I swear to God, people need to fucking learn how to play that damn mode

Top Bottom