• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

So, I've been watching Krow play ME3 for a while today. Bioware really does a good job of explaining the universe for those that want to catch up. Halo Legends did this with Origins (I think that was the name of it).

Halo has a relatively smaller universe and yet there has been very little info available in game. Maybe Halo 4 will be the turning point. I really cannot wait for stuff like that tbh.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Krow got ME3? The jammy so & so!
Marry me.
image.php

You're asking for it :p

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Not sure what he plans to do with them, but hooked Hitmonchan up with several notebooks with the Halo concept art signed by Sparth.

Ain't I so good to you?

Ken

Anyone ever run into problems with getting your XBL GT updated with gold status? I used a 3 month code on the Xbox.com site while signed in to the GT on my Xbox, but now my profile only has a silver banner in the profile and I can't get into any MP games. Account management says I have 3 months of gold until June, but it isn't reflected when I try to play online. :(

FyreWulff

Anyone ever run into problems with getting your XBL GT updated with gold status? I used a 3 month code on the Xbox.com site while signed in to the GT on my Xbox, but now my profile only has a silver banner in the profile and I can't get into any MP games. Account management says I have 3 months of gold until June, but it isn't reflected when I try to play online. :(

Sign out and all the way back in. Recover your tag (don't need to delete it) Or just wait. I had this happen a while back, where it didn't show me as Gold at first, then I would only be Gold on the dashboard and reverted to Silver when I loaded up Halo 3. It just cleared up after a while.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Sign out and all the way back in. Recover your tag (don't need to delete it) Or just wait. I had this happen a while back, where it didn't show me as Gold at first, then I would only be Gold on the dashboard and reverted to Silver when I loaded up Halo 3. It just cleared up after a while.

Yup, just wait it out. Shouldn't take too long.

Ken

Thanks.

Yup, just wait it out. Shouldn't take too long.

It's been 30 minutes already so I wasn't expecting it to take that long. Maybe I should have just entered it in through the 360.

Very interesting HBO, very interesting indeed.

Oh, Hmm, that is interesting. She does have a fairly similar look to the model who said she was playing Cortana, so it may be the case. That said, her hair doesn't really match up at all, but maybe they have it off her face to focus on the facial animations. I would assume, if her, she looks like a real person so they can really get her animations to look life-like before she is converted into a blue AI. While I wouldn't mind her looking like that at all though, her face seems very young. I wouldn't be surprised if that actress was simply hired to act out Cortana in a mocap suit, and maybe she has another character of her own that uses her face such as (Ghost of Onyx/Glasslands spoiler)
Lucy
. More than likely, she is an all new character though, but her face does seem to be that actress.

Fyrewulf, did one of your maps get in matchmaking recently? A spire variant with a Gauss-Hog' near the cliff edge on red spawn?

I just played a game where within 10 seconds of it spawning, it was driven off a cliff by a disgruntled troll who didn't make in time to the gunner seat. NOT ONE TIME, BUT EVERY TIME it spawned.

Good times.

But I did end up catching this gem on rendered film because of it:

A busted-up flaming worthog that's missing 3 wheels, the turret and an engine but still drives.

How the heck does that even work? That is hilarious.

One of the senior designer Robogabo at 343 posted some intresting info:

He also posts pics daily @ conceptart.org.

The website is awesome, great talent post there.
Well, that explains two things.. Why the BR looks unbelievable and amazing, and also why it sort of reminds me of concept art. So awesome. I'm signing up for an account there now.

Not sure what he plans to do with them, but hooked Hitmonchan up with several notebooks with the Halo concept art signed by Sparth.

Ain't I so good to you?
Man, I would kill to get one of those.. Do you guys plan to sell any concept art down the road? Also, please do an Art of Halo 4 book.

Karl2177

I usually just shut my Xbox off and turn it back on. That usually does the trick for me. If it doesn't then I do what Fyre recommends and recover your tag.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Mjolnir armour designed by Robogabo
Battle Rifle designed by Sparth
Hi Poly and in-game assets made by Dan Sarkar
Mjolnir undersuit modeled by Sean Binder
Art Direction by Kenneth Scott

Sparth designed the new Battle Rifle? <3

Can someone link me the BR concept art posted the other day? I forgot to put it into the FUD Gallery.

@thee: I could do the same summary as you within the parameters of Reach's system. Agree to disagree.

Not really though. Only if you looked at their Arena K/D (but seeing as nobody plays it....) Competitive means nothing as you yourself acknowledge that it can be boosted easily in grifball or multi-team.

General, Staff Captain, Brigadier, these were earned in ranked games. Games in which people try and the wheat is sorted from the chaff.

Magni

I grabbed six -- three for HBO and three for HaloGAF. ;^)

Send me a PM if you'd like to be entered in to a drawing for one. (And I'll leave it up to you, Wu, to figure out how to give away the three on HBO. I'll cover shipping costs.)

I mostly stopped posting on HBO when I discovered GAF, but I'll enter both drawings :D

JonCha

Send me a PM if you'd like to be entered in to a drawing for one. (And I'll leave it up to you, Wu, to figure out how to give away the three on HBO. I'll cover shipping costs.)

What the heck, put me in! Only for GAF, though.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
It looks like concept art doesn't it? Weird part is, apparently those are renders and not art. I love the new look a lot though, and while it may have a more cartoony look with its colors there, in the game it seriously looks fantastic.

Renders? =/

I've been reluctant to include renders in the FUD gallery - I did make an exception for a few Halo Wars pieces and I was thinking of expanding the gallery to include more 3D stuff.

Really happy with the sheer volume of Halo artwork released these days - I hope we get more released, pronto!

The young taste sooooo good.

Must resist... avatar quote...

Louis Wu

Well, one goes to me, and one goes to Mig, and...

:)

Heh - you rock. I'll see if we can come up with something cool. :)

Trey

I need to know what "fast as fuck" means. In Reach you can zip around fast with sprint, get vertical with jetpack, and die fast as fuck to grenades - all while feeling like we have a 50lb weight tied around our ankles. I sure don't feel fast when I'm trying to side step a grenade or back off from a dude sprinting at my face with a sword or strafe to dodge DMR fire or...

What's 50lbs to a Spartan III, please remind me.

I haven't been able to play for a while because a DNS problem, I've tried setting both manually but nothing.

Any ideas about what can I do :/

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Speaking of concept art, I wonder if we can get better versions of the following Halo 4 pieces?

The low resolution versions make me quite sad.

warhouse.jpg

wraparound.jpg

h401.jpg

h402.jpg

h403.jpg

h405.jpg

h407.jpg

h409.jpg

h411.jpg

h412.jpg

h413.jpg

h414.jpg

Risen

I don't really give a shit about stats, I care about accurate rankings and good matchmaking. That's the most important to me.

Stats are just data points, we ascribe meaning and most have no idea what kind of player they are looking at... stats like KD are not a great indicator of skill - they can be, but it does not follow that a high KD = good player, even in general terms.

I know that in H2 if I saw someone with a hardcore level above 40 the kid either cheated or was very very good. I know that in H3 if I saw a 50 in MLG, he either boosted, or again was very very good. In Reach, once the Arena was changed to wins/losses, if I saw a top 10% Onyx, he was likely very good. Again all in terms of a team game...

I like wins/losses being the determining factor of any reflected skill level in game, and being a factor in matchmaking. It allows for things to be accounted for that directly impact winning and losing that cannot be a stat. Clutch plays, quick thinking, communication, team shot, player sacrifice in objectives, and how a player moves with others. All of which go further in making up a good player in team games than KD.

My god, every time I see the art for this game I am blown away. So sad that all the SP shots didn't show the vista. And the MP maps were very limited in what we saw also. Please, release something new soon.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
My god, every time I see the art for this game I am blown away. So sad that all the SP shots didn't show the vista. And the MP maps were very limited in what we saw also. Please, release something new soon.

They have mastered the art of the tease. The "reveal" was very unrevealing if you step back and think about it., even considering the obvious iron curtain put on most of the campaign content.

They are playing their cards tight and close, more so than the Halo 3 and Reach times and it gives cause for us to be cranky about it, as we have been rather spoilt in the past.

Although I must say they did a great job of re-introducing the Chief to us. Missed that guy.

Were the Chief shots from an actual campaign location? Never saw that actually said...just that it was in engine?

"In engine" was all we're told. So the spaces used could have been purpose built demo areas or campaign spaces. Guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

I'd take a bet and say they were campaign spaces (smeared with Vaseline to keep away nosey fan eyes).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
They have mastered the art of the tease. The "reveal" was very unrevealing if you step back and think about it., even considering the obvious iron curtain put on most of the campaign content.

They are playing their cards tight and close, more so than the Halo 3 and Reach times and it gives cause for us to be cranky about it, as we have been rather spoilt in the past.

Although I must say they did a great job of re-introducing the Chief to us. Missed that guy.

"In engine" was all we're told. So the spaces used could have been purpose built demo areas or campaign spaces. Guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

This is the first time I have ever seen accusations of generous sharing of info on h3. But the Chief shots you saw were all in engine and taken from debugs. As usual, at a higher resolution for print purposes and using stuff like DOF camera commands from the game engine.

Stats are just data points, we ascribe meaning and most have no idea what kind of player they are looking at... stats like KD are not a great indicator of skill - they can be, but it does not follow that a high KD = good player, even in general terms.

I know that in H2 if I saw someone with a hardcore level above 40 the kid either cheated or was very very good. I know that in H3 if I saw a 50 in MLG, he either boosted, or again was very very good. In Reach, once the Arena was changed to wins/losses, if I saw a top 10% Onyx, he was likely very good. Again all in terms of a team game...

I like wins/losses being the determining factor of any reflected skill level in game, and being a factor in matchmaking. It allows for things to be accounted for that directly impact winning and losing that cannot be a stat. Clutch plays, quick thinking, communication, team shot, player sacrifice in objectives, and how a player moves with others. All of which go further in making up a good player in team games than KD.

Arena is actually quite good (when based off win/loss), but it's implementation was pretty poor. Your results (arena placement and percentage) is buried deep in the service record for starters. I don't think people liked the one month seasons. Having it only in a single playlist was a mistake as well. A ranking based on players being in the top x% is much more accurate and interesting than a 1-50 though.

The only one of those that doesn't apply to Reach is terrible netcode, lol. Reach is not "fast as fuck", seriously? The only mode in Reach that actually feels fast is ZB and all you do is cry when you play it, lulz.

Recently gave it a try and liked it quite a lot, especially due to the fast pace - until the opposing team decided to become an armor-locking nightmare.

At least it was the TU armor lock...

Can't really complain about that, actually... Bungie/Microsoft were able to disappoint me twice due to the disconnect between advertisement and the actual game. The first instance was Halo 2 (yeah, that E3 demo) and the second was the Halo 3 diorama: All game long I was waiting for a battle of such epic scale and maybe even a similar situation (what with it being a monument and all) - never happened.

FyreWulff

The area he's standing in resembles the mission from Halo Wars where you're on the outside of the Shield World. I'm not saying it's the mission from Wars, but a similar design. The Forerunner love their deserts.

Top Bottom