• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It would make exactly zero sense. Why would you not reward the people who actually take the time to learn timers and spawn locations? I call bullshit.

eh, i actually like the idea. though, i guess, it may lead to more camping of the spawn area and simply waiting (which would be a baaaad thing)

Yeah the biggest issue for me with sprint and evade (and sometimes armorlock) is they are basically cheat death mechanics before anything else. And my issue with jetpack is the fact that a) most maps aren't actually made with the sight lines one gets with the jetpack in mind and b) the fucking Y axis is slow as shit.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It would make exactly zero sense. Why would you not reward the people who actually take the time to learn timers and spawn locations? I call bullshit.

I completely agree with this. Although I could see a few fun uses for this in less serious gametypes, especially customs.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Heavies isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, but I've also only played it on Reach's single decent BTB map.

The concussion rifle is the epitome of terrible weapon ideas. Just thought I'd say it :(

I think if everyone has Sprint, it's fairly balanced. I love what MLG did with sprint though. Aside from the initial spawn, every respawn in the game your sprint is turned off for 5 seconds. This makes it more fair for teams in objective games.

Also, 343, let's make sure flag juggling is in, is standard and is part of the game. None of that bullshit Bungie pulled off. PLEASE!!
I hated not being able to sprint after spawn.

We can't have flag juggling back. The announcer saying flag dropped is annoying /sarcasm

zap

Yeah the biggest issue for me with sprint and evade (and sometimes armorlock) is they are basically cheat death mechanics before anything else. And my issue with jetpack is the fact that a) most maps aren't actually made with the sight lines one gets with the jetpack in mind and b) the fucking Y axis is slow as shit.

+ Jetpack/needler combo

I hate it when I get behind some cover then they just jetpack up and make the cover worthless.

Redford

aka Cabbie
What makes you say that? It's a great anti-sprint or anti-vehicle combo imo.

It's just incredibly irritating and inconsistent, although those points are true. I honestly just put the controller on my lap until I respawn when I'm being fired at by it on Countdown sometimes.

(sometimes)

I understand what people are saying about sprint; halo 3 was something special partially because you could consistently gauge your opponent's position if you were good enough. But in Reach I couldn't help but keep to sprint cause it was so helpful, I have no problem with it at all.

Karl2177

What makes you say that? It's a great anti-sprint or anti-vehicle combo imo.

Because this was better:
haloBruteweapons1_html_mc871eee.jpg

Haven't really touched Reach much this week because of ME3, but after a few games I really like Reach with the TU now. It feels just right with the AA tweaks, 85% bloom, and no bleedthrough. I do want bleedthrough on melee in Halo 4 but it didn't feel right in Reach.

Homeboyd

Any chance we can see some of that b-roll action from the Showcase? I'd loooove to see some more of those maps.

I have money and a paypal account.

I think I just clicked some things together in my head, and if I'm right, Halo 4's multiplayer will be pretty sweet.

Let's hear it! Also, March Madness, BABY!

That's interesting. That would feel so weird but it's certainly not a bad idea.

I just feel that it's so hard for the team trying to moved the flag or bomb, because the defenders can sprint back to an area so quickly. Removing the slowdown would pick up the pace of moving the flag/bomb and speed up flag and bomb gametypes in general a bit.

I think I just clicked some things together in my head, and if I'm right, Halo 4's multiplayer will be pretty sweet.

Leaving us in the dark?

THE LIGHT

Any chance we can see some of that b-roll action from the Showcase? I'd loooove to see some more of those maps.

I have money and a paypal account.

Let's hear it! Also, March Madness, BABY!
My thoughts based solely off existing information (and are probably patently wrong):

Armor Abilities are not loadouts. They're a part of your Spartan customization. You choose pieces that cater to your playstyle.

In one of the Bulletins, there was mention of dropping armor. There could potentially be a heavy chest plate that absorbs more damage but can be dropped in cases where you need extra mobility. (Making the Spartan more like a tank.) Or there's a jetpack chest piece. (Making the Spartan more like a jetfighter.)

The compelling reason for Reds fighting Blues? They're fighting for control of production facilities. Each map is based around production facilities. One is obviously a mech production facility. The other takes place on some kind of solar energy plant. We could either see solar-powered weapons or maybe solar-powered armor. (My thought is flare technology.)

Redford

aka Cabbie
Hey Fyre, any reason why we can't have power-weapons->light-ground->aircraft->heavy-ground spawn sequence for heavies?

Oozer3993

I miss doing this to Warthogs with it. Bad boy turned them into pinballs.

Finding that video, I came across one titled, "Thanks, Oozer." I still remember that, ya basterd.

"Here comes an enemy Falcon, and the bomb is on board, headed for the capture point. No worries. Nothing my rocket launcher can't handle. My team will label me a hero for what I'm about to do."

BETRAYAL

"WHAT?!?"

9AH7G.jpg

FyreWulff

Hey Fyre, any reason why we can't have power-weapons->light-ground->aircraft->heavy-ground spawn sequence for heavies?

They'd just have to make Invasion Slayer Heavies to do that. I'll ask if they've thought about it.

edit: Actually, I just remembered, it's probably because it's 8v8. Invasion-based gametypes are centered around 6v6 (due to fire teams). But I'll still ask.

My thoughts based solely off existing information (and are probably patently wrong):

Armor Abilities are not loadouts. They're a part of your Spartan customization. You choose pieces that cater to your playstyle.

In one of the Bulletins, there was mention of dropping armor. There could potentially be a heavy chest plate that absorbs more damage but can be dropped in cases where you need extra mobility. (Making the Spartan more like a tank.) Or there's a jetpack chest piece. (Making the Spartan more like a jetfighter.)

The compelling reason for Reds fighting Blues? They're fighting for control of production facilities. Each map is based around production facilities. One is obviously a mech production facility. The other takes place on some kind of solar energy plant. We could either see solar-powered weapons or maybe solar-powered armor. (My thought is flare technology.)

Interesting.

Fracas

#fuckonami

jacknicholsonnodding.gif
That sounds absolutely fantastic.

Computron

"Here comes an enemy Falcon, and the bomb is on board, headed for the capture point. No worries. Nothing my rocket launcher can't handle. My team will label me a hero for what I'm about to do."

BETRAYAL

"WHAT?!?"

9AH7G.jpg

I know that feel bro.

It feels at times that there are people who aren't in the game to actually play the gametype.
There have been so many amazing BTB Objective moments that could have happened were it not for teammates.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I hucked my controller after some bullshit kill last fall, messed up the rumble thing on the left side so that it rattled around. I have had it off since that time.

I'm hate armor abilities with a passion so count me out if they dominate gameplay like they did in Reach
Separate playlists and maps. I'd love to see maps built specifically for armor abilities (can't get to a ledge if you don't have the jetpack, etc.).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
good now stop being bad and turn off vibration if you haven't already. Vibration is for scrublords. In all games.
I said in an earlier post that I don't have vibration on. Haven't since Halo 3.

After this post Hitmonchan was never seen nor heard of again.

Top Bottom