• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Hey You

I grabbed six -- three for HBO and three for HaloGAF. ;^)

Send me a PM if you'd like to be entered in to a drawing for one. (And I'll leave it up to you, Wu, to figure out how to give away the three on HBO. I'll cover shipping costs.)

That's pretty cool.

I would enter, but shipping to Canada might be a little too expensive.

I grabbed six -- three for HBO and three for HaloGAF. ;^)

Send me a PM if you'd like to be entered in to a drawing for one. (And I'll leave it up to you, Wu, to figure out how to give away the three on HBO. I'll cover shipping costs.)

Id love one but its unlikely you would pay shipping to the UK and i understand that :(.

JuanGGZ

Banned
3ds Max? Maya? Modo?

Subdivision surface?

Show them' wires!

Gonna bake it down and texture it?

halo_4_battle_rifle_miniature_3ds_max.jpg

The scope is missing, but this is a pretty good 3D model. =)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really liking the white outlines on the Spartan IV armor.
I haaaaaate it. Makes the Spartans look like race cars. I'll be changing mine ASAP, assuming they're customizable and that color customization is unlocked right away, lol.

CyReN

I'm sure you guys heard of the story when the remaining people playing xbl v1 on Halo, one posted this story on reddit:

I was actually one of the final 30 online with that group and I can honestly say that the days spent playing with them was the best experience I've ever had in an online game.

It was pretty much an accident that I had even stayed on in the first place. OG Xbox Live was slated to be shut off April 15th at midnight, but actually carried over into most of the next day. I had been playing a little that final week just for nostalgia's sake, and was really surprised that it was still working when I tried to log on in the morning of the 15th. I played a few games before class and went on my way.

After I got home at around 4PM I turned my Xbox on and wouldn't you know it I could still play online. I played for about an hour and accidentally left my Xbox 360 on when I went up to eat supper. They pulled the plug at around 6PM on the 15th I believe.

When I went back down after eating the first game I played people were really freaking out. "DON'T TURN OFF YOUR XBOX GUYS DON'T DO IT" everyone was saying. Apparently people who were trying to log on couldn't do it anymore, but if you stayed connected and didn't shut off you could continue to play. This had to deal with the way Xbox Live worked. From what I could understand, XBL was kind of a "gateway" to Bungie's own Halo 2 servers. Bungie wasn't shutting down their servers, and once you were connected you were fine.

Thus officially began the greatest gaming experience that I have ever been a part of. At first there were still quite a few people online, but the numbers were dropping off sharply. Xboxes aren't really made to be left on for days at a time. I had gathered all the fans in our house into my room just to surround my Xbox and pretend I was helping it stay cool.

After the first few days there really weren't that many people online anymore. You could play matchmaking but the wait times kept getting longer and longer. Eventually we ended up with a group of players where we all would play 16 man custom games together. We were scattered all over the world, so at any given time we always had enough people awake and ready to fill up a lobby.

The people remaining were absolutely great because every single person truly wanted to be there. No 12 year olds spamming the mic with racial slurs, no teamkillers, just a bunch of people grateful to be able to be some of the final players in one of the greatest mutlilplayer games of all time. There was an aspiring veterinarian (the last female to every play Halo 2 online) from New York, a Boston real estate agent, a high schooler from LA. People from all over and all walks of life left their Xbox's on, risking RRODs and overheating, just out of the sheer love for the game.

We spent hours superbouncing up to the invisible ladder on Burial Mounds, dicking around on Zanzibar, and playing CTF on Coagulation. It was an incredible experience that I will never forget.

I made it to somewhere inside the final 30 before one day in the following week I woke up and my Xbox had frozen. It was a sad day, but I was happy to have made a lot of friends I still talk to and play with up to this day. You can learn a little more if you want by checking out a Facebook page we made here Can't believe that years later people are still thinking about Halo 2 and everything great about it.

Here's a group picture we all took on Coagulation. Thanks for listening to my account of this if you've made it this far.

gHFoE.jpg

zap

I haaaaaate it. Makes the Spartans look like race cars. I'll be changing mine ASAP, assuming they're customizable and that color customization is unlocked right away, lol.

With all the talk about armour customisation, I would expect that to be available.

I thought they looked awesome though

Zoolader

It's the only thing I disliked about the new Halo 4 info. I really hope it's optional and not even there by default.

Code:
KD modifier = Kills + (Assists/2) / Deaths;
Loss rate = Losses / Games played;
rank value = KD modifier * Loss rate;

That's just something I cam up with real quick. A mathematician an come in and find what's wrong with it, but for now (until I can put more into it) it works.
Team games should be based on win/loss only. Too many variables, especially with reach's shitty assist system.

zap

So Frankie, seeing as we aren't having a Halo 4 beta... How about that second Reach Title Update to make it up to us?

So Frankie, seeing as we aren't having a Halo 4 beta... How about that second Reach Title Update to make it up to us?

Eh, let em focus on Halo 4 at this point. Though, I wouldn't mind at least one new map, it would nice if they could put out a free one as a farewell to Reach.

The loadouts will only have Sprint, Hologram or Camo. Only a matter of time before they get rid of sprint and camo :(

Yes, let's not completely get rid of Reachs' Identity regardless of whether you like it or not.

Besides not long before we have an incredible halo game, im hoping anyway.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey guys, we're trying to get a lobby of 8 to test Over's map, anyone want to join us? Or is there a better time for everybody?

Overdoziz

Banned
Of course not but...

Halo 3 is the (IMO) superior MP Halo at the moment. Stop playing reach, and play that game, if all you want to do is play a good game.

Just wish it had Reachs' netcode and player feedback.
Halo 3 has bad netcode and you can't play a nice game of 4v4 Slayer BRs without going into Ranked where the search times are terrible. And Halo 3 is really bad in Social.

And Halo 3 is really bad in Social.

Can't be worse than the majority of matchmaking in reach, can it?

The games we had the other day, social slayer was filled with brigadiers and general's.

Can't tell you whether they were legit generals of course.

Also squad slayer was the only decent playlist in reach, at least it consistently put you up against a party of 5.

Overdoziz

Banned
Can't be worse than the majority of matchmaking in reach, can it?

The games we had the other day, social slayer was filled with brigadiers and general's.

Can't tell you whether they were legit generals of course.

Also squad slayer was the only decent playlist in reach, at least it consistently put you up against a party of 5.
Point is that I want to play Halo 4 already.

I just had a fleeting thought, and although it is definitely not what 343 is doing I figured I would share. Imagine if your armor/loadout customization didn't apply unless you picked up a "custom power" on the map. Like basically, your customization wouldn't be activated unless you picked up the power up and or item, and there was a visible difference showing you had it activated. Basically, it would allow you to use special abilities while active, while staying more true to classic Halo gameplay.

Im not even sure if I would want this, and its not the best idea...But I figured I would share. =P

Very goofy, sometimes very funny, always WTF.

I love that, haha.

FyreWulff

Remeber when Bungie said one of the reasons for removing flag juggling was the repetitions of the announcer?

Then they release this gametype into MM. This is the result

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=27114561&player=The Henery

Lulz

I don't ever remember the announcer being noted as the main reason or even a serious reason why the cooldown exists. It appeared the cooldown exists (and was actually mentioned before Reach came out) to keep people from subverting the intent of the objective holder moving slower. They made the flag super heavy in 3 to try and counter it, and when people squeezed time out of that they just went with the cool down.

And they made it end user modifiable so MLG could turn it back on. So it's not even like you can't do it in Reach anyway for the community that mostly wanted it.

Top Bottom