• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

GhaleonEB

This is the first time I have ever seen accusations of generous sharing of info on h3.
Everything is relative. At this point with Halo 3, we had the Et tu Brute? vidoc and the EGM pre-alpha multiplayer reveal. Personally, I prefer the 'wait until it's ready to show' approach you've taken with Halo 4.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
This is the first time I have ever seen accusations of generous sharing of info on h3.

My recollections might be fuzzy and distorted but I think Halo 3's beta and Reach's beta resulted in more info our way pre-release.

I honestly wasn't following Halo 3's pre-release too closely at the time so Google searches and GAF post history search may have coloured my thoughts a bit too much.

DOF camera commands

digital Vaseline

Not sure what he plans to do with them, but hooked Hitmonchan up with several notebooks with the Halo concept art signed by Sparth.

Ain't I so good to you?
You promised I could defeat in a Game at HaloFest. So how should I call you good then? :p

I grabbed six -- three for HBO and three for HaloGAF. ;^)

Send me a PM if you'd like to be entered in to a drawing for one. (And I'll leave it up to you, Wu, to figure out how to give away the three on HBO. I'll cover shipping costs.)
OMG. OMG. By the goddess! Let Fortuna be on my side!

Overdoziz

Banned
glitch03.jpg

Oh god

Falagard

Everything is relative. At this point with Halo 3, we had the Et tu Brute? vidoc and the EGM pre-alpha multiplayer reveal. Personally, I prefer the 'wait until it's ready to show' approach you've taken with Halo 4.

Don't listen to this man. Show us everything you have about multiplayer, NOW.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of concept art, I wonder if we can get better versions of the following Halo 4 pieces?

The low resolution versions make me quite sad.
wraparound.jpg
This one especially. God, I really hope an environment and/or a vista like that makes it in the final game. On an alien-ass shield world, damn near anything is possible. If this art is any indication, 343 is really getting creative. Love it.

its possible that they'll start with a human model before modifying it to be cortana...
Yeah, totally, that's what I expect.

Ramirez

This one especially. God, I really hope an environment and/or a vista like that makes it in the final game. On an alien-ass shield world, damn near anything is possible. If this art is any indication, 343 is really getting creative. Love it.

Yeah, totally, that's what I expect.

Pretty sure that's Wraparound concept art. That name has to change...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure that's Wraparound concept art. That name has to change...
Aww, really? That's kinda disappointing. I hope a similar environment makes its way in campaign, with all those thick, flowing clouds.

And yeah, the name sucks. It should have a name that evokes heavenly, celestial images, or maybe images of a cathedral. But with some sort of menacing twist.

Magni

I'd forgotten about both of them. Epitaph remains my least favorite Halo map of all time. Isolation sucked, but Epitaph was in a league of its own.

I had to urban dictionary that.

Me too, after going through the nude pics thread in OT, I couldn't help not using it!
that site is among the worst on the Internet, ugh

They have mastered the art of the tease. The "reveal" was very unrevealing if you step back and think about it., even considering the obvious iron curtain put on most of the campaign content.

They are playing their cards tight and close, more so than the Halo 3 and Reach times and it gives cause for us to be cranky about it, as we have been rather spoilt in the past.

Although I must say they did a great job of re-introducing the Chief to us. Missed that guy.

"In engine" was all we're told. So the spaces used could have been purpose built demo areas or campaign spaces. Guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

I'd take a bet and say they were campaign spaces (smeared with Vaseline to keep away nosey fan eyes).

Yup, and in one way I am glad they are taking a more reserved approach, although I think they should show just a tad more. Of course, we all want that. But yeah, I'm glad they are not spoiling the entire game like Bungie with Halo Reach.. When I found out Boneyard was essentially the environment from the end of the game I was so mad. Basically our end game vista was spoiled. With Halo 4, I really hope they stick with a few environment shots of SP, with an in game trailer similar to the concept art trailer, with just a bit more. Keep the SP mysterious. Show off the MP though, so e can continue to get hyped and understand what the game is about.

I really hope the wait isn't very long until we see something more than the small tease we got.

This is the first time I have ever seen accusations of generous sharing of info on h3. But the Chief shots you saw were all in engine and taken from debugs. As usual, at a higher resolution for print purposes and using stuff like DOF camera commands from the game engine.

Eh, well honestly with Halo 3 we had seen a lot more at this point, and while it wasn't a ton, it was a ton more than what we have so far. We basically haven't seen this game in action, despite the very brief flashes of gameplay. Or, basicaly what he said:
Yup, this. Although I do wish we could a little more in content, such as gun renders, etc.

That is unbelievably amazing. Oh man, that should have stayed in the game. :lol

Computron

So the more I looked at the new BR, the more I started to really like the design. So much so, that I started modeling it:

iGD0Ml.jpg

Dr1YZl.jpg

Project is slowly coming together. I want to devote some decent amount of time to this, but my job and life keep taking up my free time, so I can only seem to get work done in short bursts. :(

Now that I've started looking at the smaller details in the gun, even though a decent amount of it is done via normal maps, the Halo 4 BR is definitely higher poly than the DMR was in Reach.

3ds Max? Maya? Modo?

Subdivision surface?

Show them' wires!

Gonna bake it down and texture it?

I can't stop watching that H4 vidoc, it looks GLORIOUS!

Hope we don't have to wait too much to see more details, hopefully not six months :lol

Remeber when Bungie said one of the reasons for removing flag juggling was the repetitions of the announcer?

Then they release this gametype into MM. This is the result

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=27114561&player=The Henery

Lulz

Omg, it was mesmerizing at the rate he kept going and going and going..

I can't stop watching that H4 vidoc, it looks GLORIOUS!

Hope we don't have to wait too much to see more details, hopefully not six months :lol

It is awesome. Im really surprised I haven't seen more breakdowns of the info that may be gleaned from it.

It is awesome. Im really surprised I haven't seen more breakdowns of the info that may be gleaned from it.

I don't have any pics right now but from the vid I noticed your emblem appears on the top right back of your spartan.

One blue spartan is rocking the poké ball one.

Their reasoning behind stopping flag juggling is BS. It's just one more thing they added to noob up halo.

Just some of the things they did with reach make no sense and make the game so much worse...

Flag juggling must return as a default in Halo 4. IT MUST!

That was but a small snippet from the beginning of the game. He kept that up the whole game, voice din break nor nuthin.

They've caught on, Juices!

Lol Those games were fun.

To anyone who doesn't believe it play a bunch of Halo 3 and then go to Reach. The gameplay is MUCH faster. I'm dead serious. The sprinting and evading and hitscan DMR make deaths come and go so quick, sometimes it just seems longer with certain AA's when someone does a successful escape, but a cat and mouse Doubles game of Halo 3 will truly show you the way to Reach being quick.

I noticed this when strongside or snipedown or formal perhaps was playing Halo 3 they played five games it was terrible sloppy looking MLG 7-8 shot kills dirty disgusting crap gameplay by top tier players. Then they popped in Reach and started playing on MLG Sanc CTF and holy crap was it fast paced.

Top Bottom