• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

If you haven't yet, send me a PM to be entered into the signed notebook drawing! The drawing is open to anyone here. I'll keep the submission time open for a few more days.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Reach needs another map pack with original maps. I can't play the current maps until 4 arrives.
I'm not saying there isn't going to be another map pack.

HNSQW.jpg

But there isn't going to be another map pack.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Where's the joke? It's just terrible.

Edit : I'm really in the mood for some Team Objective. Someone party up with me!

Never said this particular scene was funny but Conrad is a joke character in the Mass Effect universe. It's like looking at food nipple and saying that Halo has terrible writing.

Hey You

My solution: Don't play Reach AT ALL.

It has made me MUCH happier, as a result.

I'm actually the opposite, playing Heavies is actually pretty fun. I've been playing it the past few days with friends and it's not too bad if we lose.

Feels like a new experience almost. If we keep getting things added or changed to the playlists, I think I may reach 8000 games by the time 4 drops.

Sai-kun

Banned
Watching the HaloGAF montage again, Sai-kun's warthog splatter is the most amazing thing ever. :p

Dude, that is still just one of the greatest things to ever happen to me in Halo. My buddy (who was gunning, and sitting right next to me) and I were just crying and watching that over and over. The splatter + the snipe right after as we miss the teammate's face by inches is just

too perfect. Only Halo.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Never said this particular scene was funny but Conrad is a joke character in the Mass Effect universe. It's like looking at food nipple and saying that Halo has terrible writing.
Okay.

That food nipple comment reminds me of something I've been thinking about. I wonder if 343 is going to add Grunt-style joke characters to the new trilogy. I really really really hope not. I mean, I know Grunts will probably be making a return at some point, but I hope they play a minor role, and I hope they're replaced by low tier enemies that aren't so... slap stick. I've never really liked the silly nature of the Grunts, and the only reason they don't seem like much of an issue to me now is because I'm used to them. But now that series is starting fresh, I'd like to ditch the joke characters. I don't want Halo to be ultra serious, but perhaps a little less absurd in it's humor.

That's one mess of a paragraph, but I don't feel like cleaning it up, hah.

Edit : Love your new avatar, Sai-kun. Dunno who they are, but the picture is great.

Booshka

How aren't those 2 exploits the same? You're exploiting something that is difficult to do, in order to obtain a competitive edge over someone who may not know how to perform the same exploit.

One is about character progression and leveling stats, and another is about executing a game mechanic glitch. If someone joined a Halo match with a modded full-auto BR, it would be similar. Executing a button combo is not the same as having a glitched character in a RPG.

Anyone know what the 1.4 update for Halo Waypoint for Windows Phone did? I downloaded it today and didn't notice any differences.

Yeah I got that the other day, didn't see anything on what the update was.

Reach needs another map pack with original maps. I can't play the current maps until 4 arrives.

Even if there was another map pack, what's the point, DLC does not show up in matchmaking with any regularity.

Fracas

#fuckonami
One is about character progression and leveling stats, and another is about executing a game mechanic glitch. If someone joined a Halo match with a modded full-auto BR, it would be similar. Executing a button combo is not the same as having a glitched character in a RPG.

I see what you mean, that's probably not the best example. What other shooters have button combos? Halo 2 is the only one I can think of.

GhaleonEB

FYI, Legendary artist Moebius, has passed away today, he worked on the story second sunrise, which was part of the halo graphic novel.

RIP.
Moebius was an incredible artist. Just the other night I was watching the Aliens Blu-Ray extras going over his concept art for that film. The man was prolific and unique. His passing is a great loss. :(

Holy hell. 0_o

Redford

aka Cabbie
Dude, that is still just one of the greatest things to ever happen to me in Halo. My buddy (who was gunning, and sitting right next to me) and I were just crying and watching that over and over. The splatter + the snipe right after as we miss the teammate's face by inches is just

too perfect. Only Halo.

And you landed it with a beaten-to-shit hog too :lol

Can't wait to see what you all have for Reach. Bunch of sick double kills I bet.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Gauss hog is awful, and shouldn't be in matchmaking.
I got to use one of those awhile back, the thing is basically a Sniper Rifle on wheels, I was crossmapping anyone who was in my circle. Overpowered doesn't begin to describe it.

Kibbles

Played some Anniversary Slayer yesterday, won 16 games straight.

+12, +17, +3, +17, +7, +9, +13, +10, +15, +14, +14, +0, +23, +18, +17, +13. Wasn't really playingthe next game when we lost and I went -7 >.< I would've had 19 in a row with +19, +17, and +21.

Feels good, so much better than vanilla Reach.

Booshka

I see what you mean, that's probably not the best example. What other shooters have button combos? Halo 2 is the only one I can think of.

Shadowrun in a way has button combos with the way quick casting works, but that is skill based and takes a lot of experience and practice to get good at, just like most of the Halo 2 glitches did.

I got to use one of those awhile back, the thing is basically a Sniper Rifle on wheels, I was crossmapping anyone who was in my circle. Overpowered doesn't begin to describe it.

Best part is how effectively the bulkiness of the gauss gun actually shields the head of the gunner. So taking the guy out from certain angles is near impossible.

Top Bottom