• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Conrad is cool?

shepard-waaaathkfx6.gif

kylej

Banned
Uh.. I know?

I heard they're adding a lighter grey in for twice the cinematic experience.

Can't wait for the ~*all new never before seen cutting edge stunning visuals*~ to run at 4fps in Halo 4.

"Yeah I know you guys wanted a solid framerate but we had to add a giant mech thing to this level so hopefully its canonical importance makes up for the crappy framerate" - SOCOM PSP guy

Can't wait for the ~*all new never before seen cutting edge stunning visuals*~ to run at 4fps in Halo 4.

"Yeah I know you guys wanted a solid framerate but we had to add a giant mech thing to this level so hopefully its canonical importance makes up for the crappy framerate" - SOCOM PSP guy

Reminds me, worst part about BTB Heavies, when someone as the god damn fuel rod. My frame rate just plummets.

daedalius

Please no goofy grunts/grunt-ish enemies. At least confine it to the IWHBYD skull or something.

They weren't quite as bad in Reach, but still a bit silly.

Halo is SRS BIDISS. World building sci-fi and stuff.

I've had days where I've quit like 3 games, not in a row mind you, and never had that quit banned shit pop. This was a while back though.

Please no goofy grunts/grunt-ish enemies. At least confine it to the IWHBYD skull or something.

They weren't quite as bad in Reach, but still a bit silly.

Halo is SRS BIDISS. World building sci-fi and stuff.

I remember the b net community raging about the love hearts and grunt funeral armor effects, and how it tarnished an 'adult' game.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I remember the b net community raging about the love hearts and grunt funeral armor effects, and how it tarnished an 'adult' game.

I don't know about tarnishing, but they look goofy. They'd be fine in custom games and certain playlists but they simply look out of place and break Halo's visual identity. It's like they exist for the sake of existing, and not because they add any depth to the game or even a player's identity.

Having floating love hearts fart out of my Spartan doesn't exactly say anything profound about me as a player. And that lighting shit was and is visually confusing because it looks similar to shield depletion so it just gets in the way.

I don't know about tarnishing, but they look goofy. They'd be fine in custom games and certain playlists but they simply look out of place and break Halo's visual identity. It's like they exist for the sake of existing, and not because they add any depth to the game or even a player's identity.

Having floating love hearts fart out of my Spartan doesn't exactly say anything profound about me as a player. And that lighting shit was and is visually confusing because it looks similar to shield depletion so it just gets in the way.

I get what your saying, I didn't mind it too much, dunno why things like that don't really erk me.

Agreed, on the lightning, shit is annoying.

GhaleonEB

I was much more worried about them before release than after. I was worried they'd be really distracting, but in effect they are pretty subdued; that lightning one is the only one that's a bit much. I agree they don't add anything though; it feels like they were brainstorming for Armory ideas that could be neat but still cosmetic, and that's what they came up with.

Really, my biggest objection is how Grunt Birthday Party triggers on death rather than headshot. I was so excited when that was announced, only to be saddened it was implemented that way. For some reason that bugs me more than anything else about the armor effects. I'd be using it were it a headshot reward.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Really, my biggest objection was Grunt Birthday Party triggers on death rather than headshot. I was so excited when that was announced, only to be saddened it was implemented that way. For some reason that bugs me more than anything else about the armor effects. I'd be using it were it a headshot reward.
Yeah, I didn't get that either.

Kuroyume

Banned
How cool would it have been if Bungie had used forge maps in the campaign?

I never see people use inclement weather.

I don't play the game anymore but it's the one I used and still have on my character. I think you probably don't see many people with it because people tend to waste their cR on the very first one that they have a shot at buying or they spend their cR on other crap. I think it's the best looking one. Makes me feel like a fucking anime dude or something with lightning shooting out of my body.

I think 343 should go crazy with those armor effects. Multiplayer is where that fun and goofiness should exist. Don't tell me that flies flying around a dude's armor breaks the immersion you're feeling while playing the game when you have people t-bagging each other and doing other stupid shit. It's fun. I want to see birds flying around people. Fireflies, sparkles, glitter, a rain cloud, smoke, flowers, whatever... Just go crazy and add some character to the game. I can see them not doing this now that they're adding some dumb story to the multiplayer but they really shouldn't keep this stuff out.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I think 343 should go crazy with those armor effects. Multiplayer is where that fun and goofiness should exist. Don't tell me that flies flying around a dude's armor breaks the immersion you're feeling while playing the game when you have people t-bagging each other and doing other stupid shit. It's fun. I want to see birds flying around people. Fireflies, sparkles, glitter, a rain cloud, smoke, flowers, whatever... Just go crazy and add some character to the game. I can see them not doing this now that they're adding some dumb story to the multiplayer but they really shouldn't keep this stuff out.

Whilst Halo shouldn't be super serious all the time it also shouldn't be the Car Bear sex orgy you are describing.

Halo's visual identity is important and should be maintained but given enough room to allow for both extreme if possible.

I'd be happy to see all of the armour effects placed in a bin but some folks might want to keep it or expand it and that's cool too. It's just not for me.

She's a twisted child abuser and child abuse supporter and facilitator. =)

FyreWulff

By the way, if anyone has spotted any exploits in any of the Heavies maps (or any map in MM, really) now is the time to speak up so they can be caught as the authors are updating all their maps.

Computron

By the way, if anyone has spotted any exploits in any of the Heavies maps (or any map in MM, really) now is the time to speak up so they can be caught as the authors are updating all their maps.

Did you do anything about the Gauss-Hog?

has dlc showed up for any of you guys, last night i got to play it 4 times a new record!!!!!!

So I take it the DLC requirement was a glitch and has been pulled?

FyreWulff

I saw more inclement weather / pestilence at launch, I guess people saw it as the big item to grind to and bought it first.

Now I'm seeing more heart-attack and GBP.

Top Bottom