• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Fracas

#fuckonami
Seven months after the last DLC as well to make matters worse.

How is the game performing online, in terms of population? Franklinator and I were part of a group that played almost every night, now none of us play the game anymore.
That and the apparent backlash about lack of updates makes me a little bit worried about it's longevity

This page right now.

JRBgN.gif

How is the game performing online, in terms of population? Franklinator and I were part of a group that played almost every night, now none of us play the game anymore.
That and the apparent backlash about lack of updates makes me a little bit worried about it's longevity

It's doing well, 4th on the most recent Xbox Live activity chart, and was still in the top 10 in sales for the month of February. EA also just said that it has sold 12 million copies.

I am a bit concerned going forward though, as I think most people expected new DLC this month, or maybe next (DICE promised from the beginning a very aggressive DLC plan for BF3), and instead we are getting DLC in June, and it's a 16 player deathmatch map pack, which is simply not the core of Battlefield. So without another proper DLC until "fall", I feel the games popularity could take a hit over the course of this spring and summer.

I guess Don Mattrick never actually left EA

Haha it did make me think of the Mythic 1 DLC for H3 coming out a full year after Legendary.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Apparently it's on the disc now from recent reports, either way it's a dick move. It's bad enough we have to buy it new for the Cerberus pass or w/e it's called.

So then what was that 700 MB download I had for the Collector's edition when I put in the DLC code?

Also, ME3 is awesome so far. I'm happy with it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
How many times do I have to tell you to play Journey

edit: And yeah, the CQB maps get rid of the entire point of playing Battlefield if you ask me

I just sold my PS3. I KNEW there was something I wanted to play but couldn't remember what. It was gathering dust and I needed to make space in my setup, so I ditched it. Now I feel a stupid. I will probably borrow my neighbors and get it done.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
See the video. Then you know what you downloaded. The mission alone. The character is on the disc with all of his dialogs in the game.

Oh, that doesn't bother me too much. Better to have his ties in-game be on the disc than getting DLC like ME2 with that terrible character that you could barely talk to. Zaheed? I think that was him.

Karl2177

Yeah? Maybe I am confused, why are people thinking the DLC is on the disc? I clearly had to download it.

It's not like ME2 where I had to purchase the DLC to actually use Kasumi. She wasn't on disc. If I want to use the DLC squadmate, I have to purchase it. The difference is that I could change one thing(without buying the DLC) and I have the squadmate. That piece of DLC was supposed to be core game content, but Bioware/EA took it out and is now forcing people to buy it. Such bullshit.

Oh, that doesn't bother me too much. Better to have his ties in-game be on the disc than getting DLC like ME2 with that terrible character that you could barely talk to. Zaheed? I think that was him.

I'm replaying through ME2 right now (have to fix my disaster of an ending from the first time lol) and I refuse to play that guys mission. I do not want him on my team.

It's not like ME2 where I had to purchase the DLC to actually use Kasumi. She wasn't on disc. If I want to use the DLC squadmate, I have to purchase it. The difference is that I could change one thing(without buying the DLC) and I have the squadmate. That piece of DLC was supposed to be core game content, but Bioware/EA took it out and is now forcing people to buy it. Such bullshit.
Wasn't Kasumi on the disc too? I know her audio data was.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Only exclusive game I played on PS3 was Heavy Rain. Loved it. It's got some haters though.

I liked Heavy Rain for what it was. Only thing to ever bother me was the voice acting since they cast French actors for American parts.

Uncharted is an amazing PS3 series, and I enjoy some of the other exclusives like Valkyria Chronicles, etc.

Ramirez

Tashi plays MLG. Whatever they pump out and the pros play, he's in it through and through. :p

I don't blame him, it's just that you can't sit there and say Reach is awesome when you don't even really play Reach, lol.

I just sold my PS3. I KNEW there was something I wanted to play but couldn't remember what. It was gathering dust and I needed to make space in my setup, so I ditched it. Now I feel a stupid. I will probably borrow my neighbors and get it done.

It's actually a violation of your MS contract to own a PS3.

Only exclusive game I played on PS3 was Heavy Rain. Loved it. It's got some haters though.

HR was amazing, it was like Hotel Dusk (best game ever), console style.

Also, single player DLC is the worst thing to happen this gen. It was ok when it was actual content they worked on after the game shipped, but when you're shipping the content with the disc, but locking it, that's pretty vile. Continue to eat it up and wonder why they nickel and dime you though!

You definitely have to play it. There's no game like it

I also loved Heavy Rain. I couldn't put it down once I started

edit: Seeing Hotel Dusk above me makes me sad that Last Window was never released in America

Part of it was. But if I remember correctly her tag was dlc_squadmate2, not like Zaeed or the ME3 one.
Okay. whatever.

Let's get back to the Halos. Because of Mass Effect's story, I'm so excited for the Reclaimer Trilogy. Why? Everything is planned in advance.(or I hope it is). The books will be well connected. Major plot parts are already finished or in minds already. Can't wait to get into Chief's suit this Holiday.

Also, single player DLC is the worst thing to happen this gen. It was ok when it was actual content they worked on after the game shipped, but when you're shipping the content with the disc, but locking it, that's pretty vile. Continue to eat it up and wonder why they nickel and dime you though!
So long Idiots are buying it for 800MSP, it will never stop.

Okay. whatever.

Let's get back to the Halos. Because of Mass Effect's story, I'm so excited for the Reclaimer Trilogy. Why? Everything is planned in advance.(or I hope it is). The books will be well connected. Major plot parts are already finished or in minds already. Can't wait to get into Chief's suit this Holiday.

So long Idiots are buying it for 800MSP, it will never stop.

I see...

HR was amazing, it was like Hotel Dusk (best game ever), console style.

What made it all the more hilarious was I played it after my friends did and I wasn't particularly as good at the QTEs but it made for more realistic and interesting scenes/fights. So they got a kick out of watching me play.

GhaleonEB

Exactly. Most of the people who complain about it on GAF will crack and buy it too, that's the funny part.

I don't even buy games from companies that pull that. Of course, I don't buy that many games these days, so that's not saying much. I'd like to think I'd never be tempted by that kind of crap though, there are limits.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't even buy games from companies that pull that. Of course, I don't buy that many games these days, so that's not saying much. I'd like to think I'd never be tempted by that kind of crap though, there are limits.
GhaleonEB
knows his self-worth.
(Today, 06:55 PM)

How fitting.

Yeah the majority of single player DLC is some bush league tack on that offers you very little content and is vastly overpriced.

There are exceptions though, like the amazing expansions to GTA IV.

Ramirez

Yeah the majority of single player DLC is some bush league tack on that offers you very little content and is vastly overpriced.

There are exceptions though, like the amazing expansions to GTA IV.

See, I almost feel like the GTA things are actual expansions. This stuff of a new weapon and squad member is lame.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
How to make fans happy: no retailer exclusive pre-order crap (the Reach stuff was pushing it) and no day one DLC.

How hard is that really?

zap

Nowadays, I buy Halo games and maybe a couple of games per year that are really cheap. If I feel like gaming, I usually just feel like Halo. Saves me a ton of money :p

FyreWulff

How to make fans happy: no retailer exclusive pre-order crap (the Reach stuff was pushing it) and no day one DLC.

How hard is that really?

Halo 3: No preorder only DLC, two DLC pieces, two DLC pieces held back to promote other releases

Halo Wars: Two DLC pieces, both have been full price since 2009. 10$ for 3 gametypes. There are no more than 16 people playing the playlists for these gametypes at any time.

Halo ODST: preorder only DLC (Johnson)

Reach: Preorder-only AND retailer specific DLC (Gamestop armor), preorder only DLC (Recon helmet w/ attachment), two DLC pieces that have stayed full price since their release a year and more than a year ago, DLC attached to promoting another release, and a gametype that requires you to buy 15$ DLC to even play in matchmaking.

Anniversary: Preorder only single player content that is on the disc

Prepare for Gears of War 3-level retailer bonuses and exclusives for future titles.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Has there been any new info since the Weekly Update? I'm guessing no but I've been busy and thought I'd ask.
Frankie has commented on a few things. Nothing earth shattering -- just clarifications and occasional teases. A page or two ago he confirmed that there would NOT be a Spartan civil war going on, which was heavily rumored. Things like that.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Frankie has commented on a few things. Nothing earth shattering -- just clarifications and occasional teases. A page or two ago he confirmed that there would NOT be a Spartan civil war going on, which was heavily rumored. Things like that.

I don't think any sane follower of Halo lore was even expecting a Spartan civil war, not only does it go against the tide of the fiction, it is also quite stupid.

However, civil war? We have 100% clear confirmation of the beginnings of a militarised Human Separatist movement, born out of the ashes of the fallen, lost Human colony worlds with inflamed resentment that would put the Insurrection movement to shame.

Now I doubt Master Chief will ever be fighting against human soldiers, but there's plenty of chew on and more to follow with the upcoming UNSC Trilogy Book 2.

Halo Wars: Two DLC pieces, both have been full price since 2009. 10$ for 3 gametypes. There are no more than 16 people playing the playlists for these gametypes at any time.

Your forgetting the Honour Guard Wraith and Flaming warthog DLC locked to the limited edition

Reach: Preorder-only AND retailer specific DLC (Gamestop armor), preorder only DLC (Recon helmet w/ attachment), two DLC pieces that have stayed full price since their release a year and more than a year ago, DLC attached to promoting another release, and a gametype that requires you to buy 15$ DLC to even play in matchmaking.

Legendary Edition Exclusives
Legendary Flames Armour Effect
Elite Officer Armour

If anyone remembers that shadow789 dude, him and some random dude I've never met just joined my lobby.
HaloGAF, for the love of god, get online right now.

We remember him, he said he was your friend... I doubt anyone will get online for fear of playing with him. Dude was horrible

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think any sane follower of Halo lore was even expecting a Spartan civil war, not only does it go against the tide of the fiction, it is also quite stupid.

However, civil war? We have 100% clear confirmation of the beginnings of a militarised Human Separatist movement, born out of the ashes of the fallen, lost Human colony worlds with inflamed resentment that would put the Insurrection movement to shame.

Now I doubt Master Chief will ever be fighting against human soldiers, but there's plenty of chew on and more to follow with the upcoming UNSC Trilogy Book 2.
Yeah, it seems unappealing and unlikely to me, too. But Lord Frankie only knows. The civilian civil war could conceivably spill over into a Spartan civil war. Lines drawn, sides taken, etc.

And yeah, I would absolutely hate to see Chief killing humans. But the idea of 343 working a civil war plot into the "fiction" of multiplayer seemed possible, though far fetched.

Top Bottom