• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Tawpgun

My building is one of the few in the area that still has power.

Shits on fire yo.

An55aPBCAAAGKSz.jpg

I'm being sarcastic about better players but seriously guests shouldn't have a choice. They didn't pay for shit they are leeches, vultures, scrublords.

I also really hate scrubs choosing the Slayer option over the Slayer DMR option just because it was an even vote but DMR's was the bottom choice.

Damn wtf fire?

Krispy

3 playlist for objective? Let's split the 500 people who play Objective between 3 playlists. What could possibly go wrong? :p

Good point. I was in my own little world at the time, one where people actually have good taste. In that case: 4v4 Objective, mix of Flag, Ball and Bomb. Get rid of the other crap.

Striker

Good point. I was in my own little world at the time, one where people actually have good taste. In that case: 4v4 Objective, mix of Flag, Ball and Bomb. Get rid of the other crap.
"We are removing fringe gametypes"

*adds 3 Flag, Speedflag, and Flag Slayer in before handing off the reigns*

Didn't help Drop Shields plagued it early, then Evade got added in to replace it.

zap

"We are removing fringe gametypes"

*adds 3 Flag, Speedflag, and Flag Slayer in before handing off the reigns*

Didn't help Drop Shields plagued it early, then Evade got added in to replace it.

I actually enjoy flag slayer, it keeps flag caps useful, but you are also rewarded for kills. What do you hate about it? The ability to grief and only get kills?

Your luck might be lower going in alone, I'll admit. I'm afraid to go into BTB partyless.

Also off topic, but at least I can be proud of my city today. One more step to turning the entire state around.

From what I read it looks like there was actually a law to discriminate gay people, is this even true? :/

Flag Slayer belongs in Action Sack. Not Team Objective.

Oh please don't throw that shit into AS, just remove it already.

I really hate how AS turned out a place for Bungie to try ouy their new retarded gametypes, what about some real mini-games ala Zeus or Team Sumo?

Overdoziz

Banned
I just noticed that my screenshot submission for one of the All Star nameplate contest is always at the top of my fileshare page. Is that only for people who won a star nameplate? Because I never see it on anyone else's fileshare page

zap

Flag Slayer belongs in Action Sack. Not Team Objective.

Thanks to your thorough explanation and argument, I have seen the light. :|

But seriously, it rewards teamwork and skill, giving points for typical Halo gameplay. How is it not deserving of being a core gametype? Because you don't like it? Explain why you think it belongs with gametypes that completely change gameplay like Haloball?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I really hate how AS turned out a place for Bungie to try ouy their new retarded gametypes, what about some real mini-games ala Zeus or Team Sumo?

I've always wondered that. Do away with any semi-serious gametypes in Action Sack. If I can't get a custom games browser, at least give me a playlist where I can play jumprope and indiana jones anytime I want.

Portugeezer

How many maps would you guys be happy with?

Personally I wouldn't mind 10 (NONE IN FORGE PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE!) maps if they're well suited for the majority of game types.

I find that more maps can be annoying, for e.g. in MW3 they had 16 maps 12 of which sucked, but there would be days when I wouldn't even play my favourite map due to it not showing up in matchmaking or people voting.

I actually enjoy flag slayer, it keeps flag caps useful, but you are also rewarded for kills. What do you hate about it? The ability to grief and only get kills?
Slayer games are objective games. The objective is to frag players on the opposing team more times than they frag you.

FyreWulff

Thanks to your thorough explanation and argument, I have seen the light. :|

It's a fringe, quirky version of CTF (or Slayer). It not only does nothing to prevent kill grinding, it encourages it. It's the Grifball of CTF. It feels like an attempt to throw the Slayer base a bone for a playlist they're not going to play anyway.

Delete Shotty Snipers from Action Sack and replace it with Flag Slayer, where it can live alongside Speed Flag and 3 Flag. Add more minigame gametypes.

Maybe they should put slayer games in objective playlists to draw in bigger crowds.

But seriously, objective has been dying a slow, painful death for multiple years and games. There needs to be a radical change to get the population more into it because what's been tried thus far hasn't worked. Put it at the top of the list. Add superficial incentives. Reward play that advances the objective of the game.

zap

It's a fringe, quirky version of CTF (or Slayer). It not only does nothing to prevent kill grinding, it encourages it. It's the Grifball of CTF. It feels like an attempt to throw the Slayer base a bone for a playlist they're not going to play anyway.

Delete Shotty Snipers from Action Sack and replace it with Flag Slayer, where it can live alongside Speed Flag and 3 Flag. Add more minigame gametypes.

Haha did you really just link to a game where there was only 44 kills by the winning team? Wow. Getting kills is required in objective to make flag runs and defend. People will grief to get their k/d up with or without being rewarded with points. It rewards players who help slay as well as those who run the objective. I don't see the problem here.

FyreWulff

Haha did you really just link to a game where there was only 44 kills by the winning team? Wow. Getting kills is required in objective to make flag runs and defend. People will grief to get their k/d up with or without being rewarded with points. It rewards players who help slay as well as those who run the objective. I don't see the problem here.

That's because we were forced into playing it by our random voting it in, who spent the entire game just standing in the base getting kills. Sometimes going across the map to get more ammo, but he never went for the objective and even walked past it. I know how objective works. Flay Slayer is cancer in a playlist that's supposed to not have lulz gametypes in it.

zap

That's because we were forced into playing it by our random voting it in, who spent the entire game just standing in the base getting kills. I know how objective works.

Randoms suck, yes. They suck in every gametype. I bet he would have done that had it been normal flag. Or be equally unhelpful.

FyreWulff

3 maps in a pack can go straight to hell.

- More maps per pack, or if the 3-maps pack stays, make them themed

- Stop charging for remakes

- Stop holding DLC just to advertise other games

- Drop price so your DLC buyers can actually play DLC down the road

- Firefight maps in their own packs

zap

You shouldn't be able to win a flag game without capping a flag. That's what's wrong with FS.

You wouldn't unless the team is griefing and better than you. But those same people in a normal flag game are likely to cap one flag then just slay. It is the people, not the gametype.

Hey You

Can....Microsoft actually hire Fyre,and fire the person who currently is in the position of overseeing First party games/marketplace stuff?

Ramirez

That's because we were forced into playing it by our random voting it in, who spent the entire game just standing in the base getting kills. Sometimes going across the map to get more ammo, but he never went for the objective and even walked past it. I know how objective works. Flay Slayer is cancer in a playlist that's supposed to not have lulz gametypes in it.

I see no randoms on your team, what are you talking about?

Homeboyd

Don't hate me but depending on how advanced the Forge is, I'd love to see some new canvases released via DLC every now and then (not pre-built maps with new Forge pieces).

I'd even like to see a new simple, flat space for Reach released with a a new palette.

You wouldn't unless the team is griefing and better than you. But those same people in a normal flag game are likely to cap one flag then just slay. It is the people, not the gametype.
Except it's not technically griefing in Flag Slayer. It's actually playing the gametype.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Agreed on all points. Well, except I'm not sure what you mean by themed packs. I see these ideas as vital to Halo taking back it's #1 FPS throne.

And inefficient, the gametype rewards flag caps a ton more than kills, so to play the gametype, most people would cap the flags!
It is pretty fun to beat a slaying team on flags. I don't really have a problem with the gametype. Put it in the Slayer list, lol.

Ramirez

It's more objective focused, I think it's fine where it is.

You have to realize, Fyre and Noobs are afraid of slaying in Objective. They're probably the guy you see run into a base 50 times, touch the flag, and instantly die. Then complain that their teammates suck.

As long as they're regular in release, I don't see the problem. Having a Firefight map bump an adversarial map is bullshit, though.

I see them as an issue regardless of how often they come out. The reason being that Halo maps are so divided into different playlists based on player counts where as for example, a COD map pack is almost always 6v6, and so you have 5 maps in a pack that are all for 6v6. When you have a divide of 4v4 and 8v8, and maybe a version of Invasion in Halo 4 as well, the maps are more divided between those than they are in other games. A lot of people only play all of those either. Let's use the Noble map pack as an example. Noble had one real 4v4, one Invasion/8v8, and one sort of in-between map that is really ideal for 6v6. I know quite a few people that pretty much only play 4v4 Halo and don't play big team, so they so the map pack as paying $10 for one map. Defiant suffered that issue as well, but with Firefight. I know people that never play firefight, so it was a two map pack for them.

Given those concerns, map packs with more maps can offer more to each crowd of Halo, which would hopefully increase people's perceived value of the map packs.

Top Bottom