• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Can't fix this by changing the map.

Well thats a whole different shiskue. They knew it was in Team Slayer with AR spawns, yet they put another AR at the door? Irrelevant weapon placement much.

That was when I cared to bother and writeup elaborate fixes to common obvious problems. Now I'm too old for this shit.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I also did a fixed Standoff; I posted a spawn by spawn before and after on how to fix it. I think a lot of us did, because it was so obvious how to fix it. I still don't understand why basics like that were never addressed.

Yeah I think we all proved two things, we loved the map and wanted to see it improved and improving/fixing it was relatively easy.

It really is a waste of Forge when they refuse to use it for the exact reason it was originally intended to be used.

It's gotten worse with Reach. Almost every map (exaggerating!) could see an improvement with some common sense Forge tweaks.

Overdoziz

Banned
Well thats a whole different shiskue. They knew it was in Team Slayer with AR spawns, yet they put another AR at the door? Irrelevant weapon placement much.

That was when I cared to bother and writeup elaborate fixes to common obvious problems. Now I'm too old for this shit.
Now you only make shitty write-ups about how every AA is balanced. Age has made you delusional.

Striker

It's gotten worse with Reach. Almost every map (exaggerating!) could see an improvement with some common sense Forge tweaks.
The only changes that were memorable I thought were Narrows getting its spawns changed up, The Pit attic spawns getting axed (thank god, and it took them long enough), and the shield doors being removed in Epitaph and Snowbound. Reach has had its own share, but its evident both should have been paid more attention to. Each game has had maps shipped with glaring issues.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Oh. I thought we put that together before. That's who I figured would be the enemy (or at least a main figure) in Halo 4.

For some reason text never seems to be able to relate my sarcasm clearly. =/

The Didact theories are the most common out there and have been for a number of years, gaining more and more traction.

I've been campaigning against these theories - I'd be disappointed if they are true because it's pretty obvious and boring and such an easy cop out. The Didact being the "big bad" of Halo 4 would just as boring as the the Flood being revived again.

Also, fictionally, there is no good reason why Didact could be considered bad or evil. It would require a significant retcon of the character.

Tawpgun

343 plz use my friends version of countdown.

Shotgun where sword is. Sniper where shotgun used to be.

But the biggest change of all, COLORED LIGHTS IN THE BASE SO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE

For some reason text never seems to be able to relate my sarcasm clearly. =/

The Didact theories are the most common out there and have been for a number of years, gaining more and more traction.

I've been campaigning against these theories - I'd be disappointed if they are true because it's pretty obvious and boring and such an easy cop out. The Didact being the "big bad" of Halo 4 would just as boring as the the Flood being revived again.
I am fail.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously though if it is the Didact I imagine we will find out why and what happened in the 3rd Greg Bear novel.
Which apparently is coming out after Halo 4. I interpret that as further evidence of the Didact being the main baddie.

Overdoziz

Banned
343 plz use my friends version of countdown.

Shotgun where sword is. Sniper where shotgun used to be.

But the biggest change of all, COLORED LIGHTS IN THE BASE SO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE
You don't know where you are after a year and a half? Pretty sure the map even has static spawns.
Also, both the Sword and Shotgun need to go and the map should only be played without radar to be good.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I am fail.

The extra exclamation and question marks confused and disorientated you. ;)

Which apparently is coming out after Halo 4. I interpret that as further evidence of the Didact being the main baddie.

not-listening.jpg

Nutter

Scrubs gather, and now the game begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no DMR starts, hold no objectives, destroy no bks. I shall wear no medals and win no glory. I shall live and die at my spawn. I am the loser in the postgame. I am the watcher on the death cam. I am the Fyre that burns against the good games, the scrublord that brings the pistol to a DMR fight, the jetpacker that ruins your cover, the armor locker that guards against your rockets. I pledge my life and honor to Halo, for this night and all nights to come.

This is almost too amazing.

Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
Playing Reach has been hard since seeing 4. Seeing that player movement and BR was just so awesome.

I played some Halo 3 earlier tonight.
Wow, still my favorite shooter of all time (never got to play Halo 2 online, but I did enjoy LAN matches quite a bit)

Playing Reach has been hard since seeing 4. Seeing that player movement and BR was just so awesome, going back to Reach sucks.

Did you try my solution I gave you earlier about just NOT playing Reach, and making Halo 4 all the more sweeter by playing a dumbed down oddball version of Halo beforehand?

I've had a startlingly wonderful amount of success at it so far!

Show, you could literally knock the whole season out in a day if you were dedicated enough

The books would take foreverrrr.

You don't have much time on Earth. Spend it wisely and efficiently.

I think I know the answer to this, but: book or show first?

Perhaps not as straight forward as you would think. Unlike a lot of adaptions, the first season of the show was extremely faithful including a huge amount of dialogue coming straight from the book.

I saw the first season of the show and then read the book that it was based on and quickly followed by reading the rest of the books because I just had to know what happened. Comparing the first season to the first book, I actually like some of the changes made in the show, and some of the characters just pop off the screen in the show when they didn't in the book.

tl;dr: There is more depth in the books, but the show is a great adaption and arguably improves on the book in some ways.
The second season looks to be raising the bar even more.
Either way, you can't go wrong.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I think I know the answer to this, but: book or show first?

Right now? Show. It's just out on Blu-Ray and if you have enough spare time to watch it, you possibly be finished in time for the season two premiere this April.

If you do like the story and characters and become sucked in, you'll have plenty of time to read the books.

As good as the show is, the books are better for a multitude of reasons but the show is fantastic entry point.

FyreWulff

I have discovered something creepier than the Flood.

It's opening your back door in the middle of the night and seeing 20-40+ nightcrawlers and earthworms suddenly pull themselves back into their burrows simultaneously from the motion light coming on.

Nopenopenopenopenope

Whoops, I was wrong, you're having good games lol

Guess I wasn't paying enough attention

And yeah, the derpiest of the derps play the Anniversary playlists

Whoops, I was wrong, you're having good games lol

Guess I wasn't paying enough attention

And yeah, the derpiest of the derps play the Anniversary playlists

Was fine until lag. Just quit a game because lag + prisoner spawns is a joke.

Gonna get quit banned at this rate. Awful hosts that take more than a full clip to kill someone. Nice host choices.

Was fine until lag. Just quit a game because lag + prisoner spawns is a joke.

Gonna get quit banned at this rate. Awful hosts that take more than a full clip to kill someone. Nice host choices.

Prisoner is probably my least favorite Anniversary map because of the spawning. It's so bad

Top Bottom