• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Krispy

You have to realize, Fyre and Noobs are afraid of slaying in Objective. They're probably the guy you see run into a base 50 times, touch the flag, and instantly die. Then complain that their teammates suck.

PDeTj.gif

It's garbage.

Your debate skills have swayed me.

zap

I'm just getting warmed up for our annual objective holding debate.

Personally, I don't think you've lived until you've played Flag Slayer on Zealot and trapped a team in their basement.

This year you should challenge them to an objective game instead. No time limit.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You have to realize, Fyre and Noobs are afraid of slaying in Objective. They're probably the guy you see run into a base 50 times, touch the flag, and instantly die. Then complain that their teammates suck.
I have a friend who's exactly like that. The other day I was trying to show him the wonders of killing the enemy team before walking up and grabbing the objective, but he didn't seem to learn.

Ramirez

Sounds like I'd get some funny messages from this. Teach me.

That's the best part, it's so easy even Fyre & Noobs could do it.

One person sets in the top mid, two guys on the back of the basement wall & one guy in the tunnel that outlets to the bottom lift area. They never spawn up top, and usually spawn right in front of the guys sitting on the back wall for the back smack as they spawn.

Krispy

One person sets in the top mid, two guys on the back of the basement wall & one guy in the tunnel that outlets to the bottom lift area. They never spawn up top, and usually spawn right in front of the guys sitting on the back wall for the back smack as they spawn.

Don't give em too much credit. :p

Gotta love them Reach spawns.

It's so easy to pick on kids in the park. You just take their ball and kick it into the street. Anyone can do it.

Ramirez

It's so easy to pick on kids in the park. You just take their ball and kick it into the street. Anyone can do it.

You're starting to get it, that's the first step in leaving your honor at the door.

The problem isn't people in that instance though, it's not like we were trying to do that, it just happened in a game and we realized how stupidly easy it was. This was also back in the non TU days, so you had to create meta games within the game to enjoy it at all.

Flag Slayer belongs in Action Sack. Not Team Objective.

Just because you don't like it?

Its an advancement to Objective IMO. Not only is the objective worth points but it also accounts for the team that kills. Adding an additional objective of balancing Objective and Slaying.

I think its one step forward IMO.

Striker

Wow, look at that argument explaining exactly how it shouldnt be in objective.

Then again, you also hate Halo 3... :/
Do you really don't understand why people dislike it? It's a skirmish based playlist built around CTF, Assault, and a few others like 3 Plots and KotH. Not a slayer variant with flags built in for a optional purpose. Headhunter is the same way, but at least in that you're expected to move your skulls into a counter to score. They're both awful. Maybe I'm just spoiled by 2's Team Skirmish playlist; everything since has been flawed by god-awful gametypes, or map-gametype combinations.

It's more objective focused, I think it's fine where it is.
I just think the people in Slayer could stand to have more flags more than the people in objective could stand to have more slaying.

Griefing in TO when you like TO is self-defeating.

FyreWulff

Do you really don't understand why people dislike it? It's a skirmish based playlist built around CTF, Assault, and a few others like 3 Plots and KotH. Not a slayer variant with flags built in for a optional purpose. Headhunter is the same way, but at least in that you're expected to move your skulls into a counter to score. They're both awful. Maybe I'm just spoiled by 2's Team Skirmish playlist; everything since has been flawed by god-awful gametypes, or map-gametype combinations.

Yeah, I really liked how Skirmish was run. I'd like to see a try at changing TO's voting screen:

First option is always CTF (1 or 2 Flag)
Second option is always Bomb (1, 2, or Neutral)
Third option is either Ball or Hill.

Team Flag and Flagstravaganza seemed to be doing better than base Objective, so let's put CTF as the mainline option, like Slayer is in other lists.

Is it Tuesday already? Weekly reminder time. You still have two weeks to submit a clip.

montage.jpg

Submission format, ranked by preference (i.e. flexibility for me):
1. Link to full game film in your file share, with a time stamp and description (e.g. Triple Kill at 3:43).
2. Link to film clip in your file share. (Be sure to pad it with a few seconds before/after.)
3. HD capture of your clip. (Can also be a link to the film rendered on B.net)
4. SD capture of your clip.

How to submit:
- Send me a PM on GAF with a link to your submission.
- Email me a link, or even send me the file if it's small enough. (ncsuDuncan@gmail.com)
- Submit a link here: http://HaloGAF.com/montage

- You can submit as many clips as you want. Everyone will get at least one clip in the montage, more if time allows.
- We can vote on the soundtrack later, but I'm partial to using Halo music.

Submission Deadline: March 27th.

Join the GAF montage and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Overdoziz

Banned
Is it Tuesday already? Weekly reminder time. You still have two weeks to submit a clip.

Submission format, ranked by preference (i.e. flexibility for me):
1. Link to full game film in your file share, with a time stamp and description (e.g. Triple Kill at 3:43).
2. Link to film clip in your file share. (Be sure to pad it with a few seconds before/after.)
3. HD capture of your clip. (Can also be a link to the film rendered on B.net)
4. SD capture of your clip.

How to submit:
- Send me a PM on GAF with a link to your submission.
- Email me a link, or even send me the file if it's small enough. (ncsuDuncan@gmail.com)
- Submit a link here: http://HaloGAF.com/montage

- You can submit as many clips as you want. Everyone will get at least one clip in the montage, more if time allows.
- We can vote on the soundtrack later, but I'm partial to using Halo music.

Submission Deadline: March 27th.

Join the GAF montage and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.
Did you download my clips yet? I had to remove them from my fileshare because I lacked space and I'm not sure if you had them yet.

Yeah, I really liked how Skirmish was run. I'd like to see a try at changing TO's voting screen:

Team Flag and Flagstravaganza seemed to be doing better than base Objective, so let's put CTF as the mainline option, like Slayer is in other lists.
Flag FTW.

I feel like playing some classic CTF. There's a gametype you don't see much anymore.

Striker

They were heading that direction after the Drop Shield and fringe gametype removal. But evade and other crap were gradually jammed in and the quality went down quick.

Krispy

Those without Halo Honor™ need not apply.

Scrubs gather, and now the game begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no DMR starts, hold no objectives, destroy no bks. I shall wear no medals and win no glory. I shall live and die at my spawn. I am the loser in the postgame. I am the watcher on the death cam. I am the Fyre that burns against the good games, the scrublord that brings the pistol to a DMR fight, the jetpacker that ruins your cover, the armor locker that guards against your rockets. I pledge my life and honor to Halo, for this night and all nights to come.

Stamp of approval.

Ramirez

Scrubs gather, and now the game begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no DMR starts, hold no objectives, destroy no bks. I shall wear no medals and win no glory. I shall live and die at my spawn. I am the loser in the postgame. I am the watcher on the death cam. I am the Fyre that burns against the good games, the scrublord that brings the pistol to a DMR fight, the jetpacker that ruins your cover, the armor locker that guards against your rockets. I pledge my life and honor to Halo, for this night and all nights to come.

Fuuuu, I'm in tears.

the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Uhh, so anyways, I want to play some Objective in 90 minutes. Join me. I've got candy.

zap

o6ywr.gif

Did you download my clips yet? I had to remove them from my fileshare because I lacked space and I'm not sure if you had them yet.

No, sorry. Put em back up at some point and let me know - I'll be sure to grab em this time. I've been pretty busy lately but I plan to do a ton of capturing this weekend.

Overdoziz

Banned
iW3HhY748RlfJ.gif

FyreWulff

If the Zealot spawn trap can be easily fixed by moving a few spawns around, then hasn't it been fixed already?

They've never been interested in spawn retweaks of developer maps. I think it's deemed an issue that would take time away from other updates across both Bungie and 343 :/

If I had the file share space I'd be throwing up spawn revisions of every single damn map, except for Breakneck, because Breakneck is using all 250 possible respawn points already.

tumblr_lylepn1HRv1qiecveo1_500.png

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
somebodycalledtheymam2fkqr.gif

FyreWulff

Was Narrows the only one they implemented some changes to? Standoff was absolutely terrible with it, also, but nothing was ever done for regular MM for it.

AFIAK Narrows was the only map to receive a complete overhaul. I remember someone here was making a reworked Standoff and interest was shown by the powers-that-be in it, but nothing ever came of it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
AFIAK Narrows was the only map to receive a complete overhaul. I remember someone here was making a reworked Standoff and interest was shown by the powers-that-be in it, but nothing ever came of it.

I had a tweaked Standoff - I used my extensive experience abusing the spawns to re-situate them across the map that made hog spawn trapping either much more difficult or flat out impossible, in addition to some extra tweaks to weapon and scenery placements to re-balance the infantry-hog imbalance.

It was a small number of tweaks and they drastically improved the flow of the map from the limited amount of testing I was able to do.

As much as I enjoyed abusing Standoff's spawns, I would have been more than happy to see it fixed.

I remember my fixed Standoff. I took a picture by the door there is an AR, It was my first picture and captioned "WTF is this doing here?" We already spawn with AR. Why is there more right near the door? Its like they just filled weapons in without even thinking about it. Put a BR there!

GhaleonEB

I had a tweaked Standoff - I used my extensive experience abusing the spawns to re-situate them across the map that made hog spawn trapping either much more difficult or flat out impossible, in addition to some extra tweaks to weapon and scenery placements to re-balance the infantry-hog imbalance.

It was a small number of tweaks and they drastically improved the flow of the map from the limited amount of testing I was able to do.

As much as I enjoyed abusing Standoff's spawns, I would have been more than happy to see it fixed.

I also did a fixed Standoff; I posted a spawn by spawn before and after on how to fix it. I think a lot of us did, because it was so obvious how to fix it. I still don't understand why basics like that were never addressed.

Top Bottom