• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

A word of warning to you, Mr. Dax. Do not watch GoT with your mom, it will be unbearably uncomfortable to be in the same room as your mom as you watch titties bouncing all over the place and grade A lesbo grinding.
I wasn't planning to, lol. I'm back at home for spring break and it's something she picked up for me at Target.

Book first.
TV show (or movie) second.

Always.

I can't stand doing it the other way around. I hate spoilers, and while a book can spoil a movie's ending, a movie spoiling a book's ending is much worse.

- If you watch the TV show first, when you read the book you'll get bored by how much longer each event feels. You get impatient waiting for the next plot point you remember from the show.

- If you read the book first, you go in without expectations and can better appreciate the character development and rising action.

Just finished reading The Hunger Games (good stuff). Trying to blaze through A Clash of Kings before GoT Season Two spoilers spread onto Twitter/Facebook/etc. I unfortunately had the first book's ending spoiled (here).

Book first.
TV show (or movie) second.

Always.
Pretty much, although putting faces to the insane amounts of characters in the Song of Ice and Fire series is extremely beneficial. Not sure why, but I became far more interested in Daenerys' character once I saw Emilia Clarke in the role. ;-)

I'll submit my clip to Duncan if I ever get my internet back, I'll probably submit my Reach's proudest moment... a shotgun overkill while playing Invasion.

sogood.gif

My mom picked up Game of Thrones season 1 on DVD last Friday. I tried reading the first book but I couldn't get into it.

Maybe watch the first episode or two and then try reading the book again? It starts off a little slowly, but once you get familiar with the characters it really takes off. I got through a third of the first book before I finally decided it was as good as everyone was saying.

Pretty much, although putting faces to the insane amounts of characters in the Song of Ice and Fire series is extremely beneficial. Not sure why, but I became far more interested in Daenerys' character once I saw Emilia Clarke in the role. ;-)

True. I was halfway through the book before I discovered the family tree pages in the appendix. Would have been really helpful early on.

-------
I have a bad habit of reading certain books only after hearing a movie will be made based on them. I ignored The Hunger Games until I finally saw the first trailer. Same with Eragon, Watchmen, Scott Pilgrim, Stardust, A Scanner Darkly, etc.

Louis Wu

Book first it is.

This is where I was leaning, but thought I'd ask.
I saw the show first, then read the first book. Loved it, but didn't have time for any more (they're HUGE!). Christmas came, I got a really big pile of books... then I remembered that Season 2 started in April. Wanted to read the book first this time.

Finished book 2, couldn't stop. Read book 3, even though I'm way behind on other stuff I'm supposed to be reading. (I stopped there, because books 4-5 are two halves to a whole, and I haven't bought 5 yet.)

A little nervous for Season 2 of the show, because I can't remember what's in book 2, and what's in book 3. :(

My mom picked up Game of Thrones season 1 on DVD last Friday. I tried reading the first book but I couldn't get into it.

I'm hesitant to start watching it anyway because I don't like to watch shows until all the seasons are out on DVD.

Make sure to watch it with her, it will be a great bonding experience!

Fuchsdh

You should really read the original work of fiction first in my opinion, just because it's your natural tendency to compare what you see afterwards to the "original" you experienced, and that colors your expectations a bit.

It's like listening to a song you like, and then later finding out it was a cover. It detracts from both version :\

daedalius

How bout no.

1331575577_puppy_tips_over_while_eating.gif

:p

wtf image broken, no hotlinking garbage

+ forge variants introduced on a fortnitely basis
and you've got yourself a game

If there are forge variants as maps in MP for Halo 4 I might not buy the damn game lol.

I would love to see a spiritual descendant to Valhalla in Halo 4.
Requires 1 central hill, 2 bases (duh), a river, and a Spartan laser.

Gross

Agreed.

That is definitely one of the advantages of watching the show first, at least the first season, and they did such a good casting job.
Richard Madden's Robb Stark just explodes on the screen with badassery in a way that just doesn't happen in the book

Also saves you from being half the people in the GOT threads here crying a river about how some character doesn't look precisely like they pictured, and that's somehow the biggest injustice they have ever witnessed.

Overdoziz

Banned
Or just plowing through with a truck.

Then they made the shit that was Armageddon. And then wondered why it didn't sell. Smh.
Driving off a bridge through the roof of a building and getting out by plowing through a wall only to look back and see the entire building collapse. sogood.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Game of Thrones sucks.
Red Faction sucks.
Flower sucks.
Journey sucks. I'm not sure about the game, though.

A little OT, but who here is gonna buy or has already played Journey?
After reading David Ellis' tweets on how long it took him to install the game, I think I'll pass. :p

Agreed.

That is definitely one of the advantages of watching the show first, at least the first season, and they did such a good casting job.
Richard Madden's Robb Stark just explodes on the screen with badassery in a way that just doesn't happen in the book

Also saves you from being half the people in the GOT threads here crying a river about how some character doesn't look precisely like they pictured, and that's somehow the biggest injustice they have ever witnessed.
I thought the casting was/is fantastic so far. People will bitch about anything.

Why is this thread so slow today?! I just want to procrastinate at work and y'all are forcing me to do actual stuff.

We have had like a good half a year without anything concrete to talk about (except like a 4 min vid), the fact that this thread is still so active is pretty shocking. It has really slowed down lately though.

Top Bottom