• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Prisoner is probably my least favorite Anniversary map because of the spawning. It's so bad

If the spawns weren't an issue it would still be a terrible map. Sharp verticality with cramped enclosed ramps and small box rooms.

It's a brilliant example of why nostalgia glasses can be blinding.

Seriously fuck Prisoner. Lag + bad team mates + shit spawns every time tonight. I just quit, don't even have a quit ban warning yet, it's like it knows it's shit.

I had a FFA game on Prisoner earlier today where at least 4 of my kills were from me spawning behind a guy. It was funny and sad at the same time. Wasn't funny when it happened to me though

Ramirez

If the spawns weren't an issue it would still be a terrible map. Sharp verticality with cramped enclosed ramps and small box rooms.

I feel all of the Anny maps are pretty terrible aside from Beaver Creek, and that's basically the Halo 2 version. Shoulda ported more Halo 2 maps. :p

I love Timberlands. It's why I play so much Anniversary BTB. Beaver Creek and Headlong are also pretty cool, while Damnation is just alright. And Hang 'Em High sucks

Halo's all play different. Why remakes have not worked more often than they have. A football field is a really nice field, but you can't play Hockey on it.

chaosz3ro

Neo Member
is it just me or have spawns gotten worse across every playlist since 343 took over

maybe my anger is just carrying over from anniversary games

Booshka

Prisoner only works in 2v2 and 1v1, otherwise it's broken. It shouldn't be played with more than 4 players.

TheOddOne

Scrubs gather, and now the game begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no DMR starts, hold no objectives, destroy no bks. I shall wear no medals and win no glory. I shall live and die at my spawn. I am the loser in the postgame. I am the watcher on the death cam. I am the Fyre that burns against the good games, the scrublord that brings the pistol to a DMR fight, the jetpacker that ruins your cover, the armor locker that guards against your rockets. I pledge my life and honor to Halo, for this night and all nights to come.
So good. A+

Kujo

TBH, I don't know how you guys still play Reach

First two games back after months off I got betrayed for sniper/wraith. Went into Zombies to do the daily challenge and the game made me zombie 6 times in a row. Then the 7th time a zombie left and it made me zombie again. Why is it so hard to make each person a zombie once per game.

Kujo

Are you guys against turning off betrayals for everything bar Slayer? Or do like
CoD
does and have it be ricochet. Which is, any damage you do to a teammate goes onto you instead

I feel like I have to compete against my own teammates for weapons/vehicles a lot

Seriously fuck Prisoner. Lag + bad team mates + shit spawns every time tonight. I just quit, don't even have a quit ban warning yet, it's like it knows it's shit.

I find Anniversary playlists are unplayable.
I never can get even decent teammates, they are always horrible.
But that also applies to every other playlist in Reach.. so idk.

Sometimes I wonder if they actually playtest maps before going ahead and producing them.
So many maps simply just don't flow in Halo Reach.

I'm not sure how I'm going to last until Halo 4.

So I just set up 5.1 Surround in my room and playing Halo for the first time is like night and day. You can hear where every sound comes from every direction, it's just insane! I just played a FFA Slayer Pro match and I didn't even need the radar since I could tell where every firefight was just by listening to the gunfire. I can't believe I've been missing out on this for so long.

Seriously fuck Prisoner. God damnit.

UGGGGGGGGGH.

Q5L5U.jpg

For some reason text never seems to be able to relate my sarcasm clearly. =/

The Didact theories are the most common out there and have been for a number of years, gaining more and more traction.

I've been campaigning against these theories - I'd be disappointed if they are true because it's pretty obvious and boring and such an easy cop out. The Didact being the "big bad" of Halo 4 would just as boring as the the Flood being revived again.

Also, fictionally, there is no good reason why Didact could be considered bad or evil. It would require a significant retcon of the character.

Well, I think he could make for an interesting adversary, if anything. He doesn't have to be inherently evil or something, opposing agendas are enough to make for a compelling conflict.

On a related note, do you guys think the enemy will be revealed at E3? I mean, there HAS to be a stage demo and I can't imagine them showing just MP or SP without actually shooting at something.

Blueblur1

Gonna have to agree to disagree with you on that one. I feel that all the Anniversary maps are excellent and play really well. I don't find the spawn issue on Prisoner to be that big of an issue to be honest.

On a completely different note, does anyone else find it impossible to load Xbox.com without having to delete the cookies stored in the browser? I keep having this issue with Firefox and it's ridiculously frustrating.

I would love to know who was nostalgic about that map. I remember people claiming it was brilliant for rockets which made me feel ill.

I would love to see Death Island in a modern Halo game.

I would love to know who was nostalgic about that map. I remember people claiming it was brilliant for rockets which made me feel ill.

Rockets is the only 'good' gametype to spring to mind whenever someone mentions Prisoner :p

Fuchsdh

Gonna have to agree to disagree with you on that one. I feel that all the Anniversary maps are excellent and play really well. I don't find the spawn issue on Prisoner to be that big of an issue to be honest.

On a completely different note, does anyone else find it impossible to load Xbox.com without having to delete the cookies stored in the browser? I keep having this issue with Firefox and it's ridiculously frustrating.

Any type of objective game just doesn't work on Prisoner unless you're really good and can dominate the other team--otherwise you'll spawn bottom and get shot full of holes trying to get anywhere up top while people with the oddballs etc just camp by snipers and win without getting shot at. I think that Prisoner simply doesn't work with 8 people--4 or 6, maybe. The Certain Affinity remake (Penance?) solves a lot of Prisoner's issues (although why they added all those useless tunnels on High Noon is beyond me.)

My issue with Xbox.com went away. For a while there Bungie.net and Halo.xbox.com wouldn't hold a cookie properly or give me a redirecting loop error. I think what fixed it was me using live.xbox too, or something. They really need to fix those issues to make Waypoint more user-friendly. As it is Microsoft's ID system is janky.

Terrible map is terrible.

Never played death island though, also bring back relic!

zap

Sorry but the spawning is straight up broken. Consistently people will spawn three feet in front of (or behind) me in several places, multiple times in a row.

One game I decided to try it and I stayed in one room (second floor one across from the lift room, you know which one I mean) and watched one of two corners. I got a killing frenzy, just from them spawning into my reticule. It's ridiculous.

Sorry but the spawning is straight up broken. Consistently people will spawn three feet in front of (or behind) me in several places, multiple times in a row.

One game I decided to try it and I stayed in one room (second floor one across from the lift room, you know which one I mean) and watched one of two corners. I got a killing frenzy, just from them spawning into my reticule. It's ridiculous.

In FFA on Pris, I just stay in the bottom L-shape room and win practically every time. No map movement required.

Had a dreadful, dreadful day on Reach yesterday. Quit a lot of games. Most were dashboards when Elite Slayer was picked. Something which I do for Hog Race too. Elite Slayer should be in Action Sack and Race should be a weekend playlist.

On that note, why no weekend playlists in Reach? They always got a good population in 3 and were a fun diversion/freshened up the experience (well, until it was Griffball and Zombies every other week).

Shadders

For some reason text never seems to be able to relate my sarcasm clearly. =/

The Didact theories are the most common out there and have been for a number of years, gaining more and more traction.

I've been campaigning against these theories - I'd be disappointed if they are true because it's pretty obvious and boring and such an easy cop out. The Didact being the "big bad" of Halo 4 would just as boring as the the Flood being revived again.

Also, fictionally, there is no good reason why Didact could be considered bad or evil. It would require a significant retcon of the character.

I've been puzzled for a while regarding the prevalence of the Didact theories, they're all over the Waypoint forums. It doesn't really make much sense to me - as you say, it's not really in his character to want a prolonged fight against the UNSC. I think any Forerunners are more likely to be our allies against Precursors/Covenant/some adaptation of the Flood.

I think it comes down to Reach being so different than Combat Evolved. Prisoner was a lot of fun to play back in the day, when Pistols were beastly, fall damage made being on a higher levels, dangerous, and the movement speed, quicker. Juices said it best:
Halo's all play different. Why remakes have not worked more often than they have. A football field is a really nice field, but you can't play Hockey on it.

My mom picked up Game of Thrones season 1 on DVD last Friday. I tried reading the first book but I couldn't get into it.

I'm hesitant to start watching it anyway because I don't like to watch shows until all the seasons are out on DVD.

kylej

Banned
My mom picked up Game of Thrones season 1 on DVD last Friday. I tried reading the first book but I couldn't get into it.

I'm hesitant to start watching it anyway because I don't like to watch shows until all the seasons are out on DVD.

A word of warning to you, Mr. Dax. Do not watch GoT with your mom, it will be unbearably uncomfortable to be in the same room as your mom as you watch titties bouncing all over the place and grade A lesbo grinding.

TheOddOne

A word of warning to you, Mr. Dax. Do not watch GoT with your mom, it will be unbearably uncomfortable to be in the same room as your mom as you watch titties bouncing all over the place and grade A lesbo grinding.
What? What terrible advice. You should watch it with your parents!

Top Bottom