• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Overdoziz

Banned
2v2 +
AR starts +
Asylum +
Bad host +
Radar +
People crouching around corners with shotgun and sword
=
Me quitting

Whoever thought putting a radar in 2v2 was a good idea?

Yes.

60rossellinihead.jpg

Just to pitch in about the maps.....In Cod BlackOps they quickly realised they only had one great map, Nuketown. So occasionally they did a playlist called Nuketown 24/7. Same map and a few different variants. It'd be cool if something like this was done in a Halo game.

Firing Range > Nuketown

Just to pitch in about the maps.....In Cod BlackOps they quickly realised they only had one great map, Nuketown. So occasionally they did a playlist called Nuketown 24/7. Same map and a few different variants. It'd be cool if something like this was done in a Halo game.

Mmh I think they made that playlist to get rid of the map in other playlists. In fact, you would end up playing it over and over because people kept voting for it.
BTW great map, I liked it a lot.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I just got food at a local gas station and my food order was number 117! Win!

Fuchsdh

If anyone needs a reason why I prefer Halo in general and Reach in particular over anything in CoD---I feel like I'm playing CS or UrbanTerror amped up with more cartoon graphics and overlays. Ewww.

Even in Reach with medals and points it's much cleaner and elegant and it makes playing feel much nicer.

If anyone needs a reason why I prefer Halo in general and Reach in particular over anything in CoD---I feel like I'm playing CS or UrbanTerror amped up with more cartoon graphics and overlays. Ewww.

Even in Reach with medals and points it's much cleaner and elegant and it makes playing feel much nicer.

Anyone here picking up CS:GO for 360? I'm pretty pumped for it.

TheOddOne

MW 2 has some awesome maps though, like Favela, Karachi, Sub-Base and Invasion.

MW 2 has some awesome maps though, like Favela, Karachi, Sub-Base and Invasion.

I kinda liked Invasion and Sub-base was average but the only map I really remember enjoying on that game was Terminal. I remember playing against some friends and nuking them, that was pretty damn amazing lol.

It was especially sweet because those guys never played Halo but loved CoD, destroying them at they're 'own' game was pretty great.

I kinda liked Invasion and Sub-base was average but the only map I really remember enjoying on that game was Terminal. I remember playing against some friends and nuking them, that was pretty damn amazing lol.

Invasion on Terminal would have been fun. Hell, Invasion on Breakneck would too.

Crap, what game are we talking about again?

TheOddOne

Everyone is always dropping off the roof with a shotty or just sitting in some random corner waiting to knife you. Every time I played that map I ended up quitting I was so frustrated.
Yeah I know that feel, I always had a specific strategy that nobody ever though of. Pretty hilarious that nobody figured it out.

Once again, you prove to have a bad opinion :p

I only liked 3 maps in MW2 I think. The one on the sky scraper, scrapyard (I think) and the one on the airfield.
Yeah, those where awesome maps too. Also something something opinion opinion something :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks guys!

And Ghal, I've never actually seen the movie. At least, maybe I did when I was younger but I really don't remember. I remember it from a Nike commercial. Damn good commercial.

Nutter

It would only be 'unfair' if it happened for some players and not others. It's a level playing field, and if you fuck up by meleeing someone when you've shot the shit out of them, knowing full well how the system works, you've brought any consequences on yourself.

I hope there is no bleedthrough in 4.

I do like the fact that someone who does not play the game anymore (I know its because of being busy) has something to say regarding a design choice.

And unfortunately I think that is what happened with Reach in general. Im pretty sure no one from the dev team (reach) still plays this game.
People who would play this game for a couple of months decided on design choices that the "fans" have to live with for years.

Also the gunplay in Reach is just smh worthy.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, any word on the update? no offense, but its painful reading all the off-topic bumps to this thread waiting for it to hit.

EDIT: thanks VVV

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Beastly stuff.

Great choice of music, it's one of my favorite scores ever. Almost too great though, that track just demolishes me emotionally because of what's going on in the film. Though maybe it's appropriate given the slaughter you're throwing out. :lol

The last five miunutes of that film and the unbroken story/action sequence it contains is absolutely brilliant. Also
Do not ever fuck with Papa Mohican, under any circumstances.

Do not watch if you haven't seen the film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah9XCamPyKA&feature=related

CyReN

so, any word on the update? no offense, but its painful reading all the off-topic bumps to this thread waiting for it to hit.

EDIT: thanks VVV

If you want just Halo info just stick to their twitter and for big news look in GD, this is Halogaf;)

op_ivy

If you want just Halo info just stick to their twitter for if big news hits in the GD.

i hate twitter. passionately. also, i'm surfing GAF anyways and like most of the actual halo discussion when news hits.

FyreWulff

I'm starting my "do the things I always wanted to do" tour of 3 and ODST before the stats freeze in two weeks. Tonight, I'm thinking of unlocking all 10 points skulls on ODST, which requires 5 million points on Legendary. Anyone up for it?
Lost Platoon obviously

I recently played my favorite Halo mission of all time again: Halo. I love everything. I love the crash on the unknown artificial giant object. I love when you slowly move out of the crash pod and turn around and look at the ring the first time. I love when you across the bridge and get attacked by 2 Banshees. Especially at the first time playing Halo and you did not know how powerful the pistol really is. Battling against a group of enemies and then you catch sight of the marines who are fighting in unknown structure. The level is awesome in every bit. Every part is amazing. It has everything: Vehicle fights, Firefight scenario which plays very well, a new mystical land and it looks stunning back in 2002 and today.

Everytime I see this Halo 4 concept art, I say to myself: Please let you be Halo 4’s Halo level.

ktCjI.png

-----

Otherwise I discovered something when I watched the Terminals again:
The symbols of the Halo 4 Showcase trailer appears in the first Terminal.

And now some bullshit:
I think that this is the same thing than this.

Furthermore I love how different the story content of the Terminals is when you read Primordium. So different. And all the little details like that the PoA is the second ship which landed on Installation-04.

Nah. You will come back. Halo 4 is coming.

My comments are here. I'm sort of surprised you're apologizing for the lack of multikills; seemed like there were plenty. :)
When I saw the video the first time, I thought "Oh Tashi can only get a specific multikill every week. Last week it was Overkills, this week he gets only triple kills" and then the Overkill happened.

op_ivy

Everytime I see this Halo 4 concept art, I say to myself: Please let you be Halo 4’s Halo level.

ktCjI.png

-----

it would be pretty incredible to have a halo game with level scale that large. imagine being that player in the lower right hand corner, preferably with a warthog, exploring that environment with those towers (?) looming large in the background but growing in scale as you make your way towards them before finally getting close enough to investigate fully. have that entire "bowl" be the level with various objectives.

I'm starting my "do the things I always wanted to do" tour of 3 and ODST before the stats freeze in two weeks. Tonight, I'm thinking of unlocking all 10 points skulls on ODST, which requires 5 million points on Legendary. Anyone up for it?
Lost Platoon obviously

I would be up for giving it a go tomorrow but sadly wouldn't be able to commit that much time to the game tonight. :( Out of interest, how long would it take?

Top Bottom