• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

wwm0nkey

Needed to be done

i72pjOZcXTB7C.jpg

Someone in those YouTube comments mentioned that the lack of a gamer tag may indicate bots. I thought it was interesting that other guy in the Conan video wasn't shooting either.

Maybe the solution to quitters was automatic re-population with a bot? Just a wild guess. Probably not possible..

Someone in those YouTube comments mentioned that the lack of a gamer tag may indicate bots. I thought it was interesting that other guy in the Conan video wasn't shooting either.

Maybe the solution to quitters was automatic re-population with a bot? Just a wild guess. Probably not possible..

Can't the tag removal be done in saved films?

Also, Diablo 3, it's good to see the king back in action. SO.GOOD.
I haven't touched the beta in over a month so I don't know what changes have taken place, but I'm a little concerned for what the final product may be like.

But I'm in there. Day 1. Haven't bought a Blizzard game since WC3 Battlechest. LET'S GO.

Ramirez

Finally came to your senses and played it? :p

Yes, and it is glorious.

I haven't touched the beta in over a month so I don't know what changes have taken place, but I'm a little concerned for what the final product may be like.

But I'm in there. Day 1. Haven't bought a Blizzard game since WC3 Battlechest. LET'S GO.

What's there to be concerned about? It's obviously too easy, but it's normal Act 1, what I played felt exactly like the Diablo I knew and loved. I don't even get the graphical complaints, the game felt just as moody as 2.

What's there to be concerned about? It's obviously too easy, but it's normal Act 1, what I played felt exactly like the Diablo I knew and loved. I don't even get the graphical complaints, the game felt just as moody as 2.
U RITE, U RITE. I don't have a problem with the art style at all, but I am wondering how they plan on character development later on? It seemed very shallow from what I've played of the beta, you unlock all the skills at a level gate, and your stats are automatically allocated. So I don't know how interesting that'll end up being in the long run if that's how they plan to roll it out.

That and I liked using Spearzons in D2 as ineffective as they are. There's no real equivalent in D3 as far as I can see. ;o;

Ramirez

U RITE, U RITE. I don't have a problem with the art style at all, but I am wondering how they plan on character development later on? It seemed very shallow from what I've played of the beta, you unlock all the skills at a level gate, and your stats are automatically allocated. So I don't know how interesting that'll end up being in the long run if that's how they plan to roll it out.

That and I liked using Spearzons in D2 as ineffective as they are. There's no real equivalent in D3 as far as I can see. ;o;

I don't really have a problem with the point allocation as I always looked up a guide anyways and ran a set character that someone had deemed the best, lol.

Havok

Are the Reach servers busted or something? Playlist information is refusing to load and timing out half the time, it's taking 3 or 4 minutes just to accept lobby invites, population numbers aren't loading.

GhaleonEB

Anyone having issues with Live? I'm stuck with the "Loading information from Xbox Live..."

And now, "Information could not be retrieved from Xbox Live".

Edit: okay, not just me.

I don't really have a problem with the point allocation as I always looked up a guide anyways and ran a set character that someone had deemed the best, lol.
I may end up liking that aspect for all I know. Definitely reduces the stress of trying to allocate points that'll make me wake up in a cold sweat with regret.

GhaleonEB

This is GAF's main draw imo. News, leaks, developer commentart, it comes from here. When I became a member of GAF I stopped visiting almost every other game site.

Likewise. I still remember a thread about Lunar waaaay back in GAF's early days, and everyone flipped when Victor Ireland chimed in. Minds melted.

I haven't had gaming sites other than GAF bookmarked for years.

Edit: still can't play Reach. :\

kylej

Banned
Trials was slow as hell too. Friday night. Good timing as always by Microsoft.

Xbox Live Gold: busted during prime gaming hours, pay to use P2P connections and get ads forcefed to me all over the place.

gg Microsoft.

GhaleonEB

I was eventually able to get into some games, with very slow matchmaking times and long waits between searches. Something is definitely busted, whether it's with xbox live as a whole or just reach.

Yeah, I got into a game just now - and then the system hard locked, had to reboot.

Ah, now my NAT is set to Moderate again. That'll help.

Edit:

"Matchmaking Aborted

We had to abort Matchmaking due to networking difficulties, please try again later."

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Reach has been largely unplayable these past few weeks and especially this past week. Feels like I'm playing Firefight in terms of feedback.

Top Bottom