• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
141_velociraptor.jpg

Red Elites can use doors confirmed.

Clever girl.

Watched "Once More Unto the Breach" and Bungie managed to sneak in one of the last cutscenes – when Keyes grabs Cortana from Noble 6 – into the ViDoc. Very, very sneaky, Bungie!

If I'm right in thinking this hasn't been posted yet - a Q&A with a Toronto Sun journo who got to play it.

What I gleaned (and sorry if it's all old);

''As well, there's more emphasis on the Chief's agility, with an early sequence that sees him climbing a ladder in an elevator shaft while dodging debris.''
Could be interesting if that's a gameplay sequence as opposed to a cinematic.

''The Halo 4 audio team visited wildlife reserves in Tasmania, recording animal sounds to use as the basis for alien grunts, groans and screams. The samples they recorded include enraged Tasmanian devils and a pair of tigers having sex...''
Hmm, I'm not sure if that's cool or disturbing.

''There's going to be a fairly detailed prologue catching people up on the story so far''

''I spotted Banshees in some of the concept art''

''from my hands-on with the game the weapons didn't feel significantly more lethal than their Halo: Reach counterparts. Although time-to-death stats are apparently shorter in Halo 4, meaning you'll kill and die more than in Halo: Reach MP. ''

''One interesting nugget tho... when they were showing off some of the skybox art, I did catch a glimpse of a Halo. So I wouldn't be surprised if, at some point, we come across another one of the Halos. ''

''The Halo 4 audio team visited wildlife reserves in Tasmania, recording animal sounds to use as the basis for alien grunts, groans and screams. The samples they recorded include enraged Tasmanian devils and a pair of tigers having sex...''
Halo 4 is going to have a Brazzers achievement, isn't it

Watched "Once More Unto the Breach" and Bungie managed to sneak in one of the last cutscenes – when Keyes grabs Cortana from Noble 6 – into the ViDoc. Very, very sneaky, Bungie!
This is why I always find it hilarious when people go "spoilers!" in trailers or reviews. Truth is you really don't know it's a spoiler until someone tells you it is, it was just an out of context scene from the game.

''from my hands-on with the game the weapons didn't feel significantly more lethal than their Halo: Reach counterparts. Although time-to-death stats are apparently shorter in Halo 4, meaning you'll kill and die more than in Halo: Reach MP. ''

Eek, I hope this guy just isn't well enough acquainted with the weaponry to use it in it's maximum lethal level. Reach kill times were kind of gross. But he does say time-to-death stats are shorter and you'll kill and die more, which I like.

One of the things from Reach aside from some weapons (sniper, rockets, shotgun) is that I didn't FEEL powerful with them, this could be from a combination of things though, and in the podcast from March they said they're working hard on the sound to make the weapons feel deadly to use, and it's been brought up a bit since. So i'm still excited to use them, especially since i've invested a pretty solid amount in my A/V setup purely so I can experience Halo in it's full glory :) (waiting till October to get a brand new monitor just because Halo 4 looks so damn pretty)

Fuchsdh

Eek, I hope this guy just isn't well enough acquainted with the weaponry to use it in it's maximum lethal level. Reach kill times were kind of gross. But he does say time-to-death stats are shorter and you'll kill and die more, which I like.

One of the things from Reach aside from some weapons (sniper, rockets, shotgun) is that I didn't FEEL powerful with them, this could be from a combination of things though, and in the podcast from March they said they're working hard on the sound to make the weapons feel deadly to use, and it's been brought up a bit since. So i'm still excited to use them, especially since i've invested a pretty solid amount in my A/V setup purely so I can experience Halo in it's full glory :) (waiting till October to get a brand new monitor just because Halo 4 looks so damn pretty)

Well, I'm all for them pumping them up the audio, but you have to admit Reach's FX were way better than Halo 3's (the most glaring example being the AR, which feels like a watergun in 3.)

Can we please get Objective back to 4v4 and get Squad Slayer back. Remove Super Slayer as its completely pointless and just add AA's and shit to TU BETA since we already have MLG with is the stripped down good version of no bloom Reach...(And Objective and Squad are TU now anyways)

Basically theres no 4v4 objective anymore which is something that Halo has always had and always needs, regardless of its population. MLG doesn't count either cause its full of tryhards and its not 100% objective and its also TU-d to hell and doesn't resemble real Reach at all.

Recarpo

I think that could make the enemies seem a bit more alien rather than almost friendly as they sounded in previous games. Beware of the elites new tiger sex roar.

Can we please get Objective back to 4v4 and get Squad Slayer back. Remove Super Slayer as its completely pointless and just add AA's and shit to TU BETA since we already have MLG with is the stripped down good version of no bloom Reach..

Yes, please. I don't get why super slayer replaced squad. Seems unnecessary to me.

Well, I'm all for them pumping them up the audio, but you have to admit Reach's FX were way better than Halo 3's (the most glaring example being the AR, which feels like a watergun in 3.)

Oh definitely, I think my main complaint was the DMR vs the BR(H2/H3) sound. I dont know why but the buh-duh-duh sounded so much better to me haha.

Trey

This is why I always find it hilarious when people go "spoilers!" in trailers or reviews. Truth is you really don't know it's a spoiler until someone tells you it is, it was just an out of context scene from the game.

Cortana dies.

It's so much fun watching the vidocs after playing the finished product for so long. If I knew then what I know now...

Urban Dictionary said:
Tryhard

1. A face-saving insult used by someone who is feeling inadequate. Basically accuses anyone who is better than them at anything of putting in effort. Doubles as an excuse for sucking by implying lack of effort on the speaker's part.

2. An insult blatantly misused by 13-year-old kiddies in online gaming who, ironically, try very hard to win themselves and take it too seriously when they lose.

3. Someone who tries too hard to fit in. Easy to spot online because of their constant use of trendy internet slang such as "fail", "cool story bro", and "tryhard".
Huh. Learn something new every day.

m23

If I'm right in thinking this hasn't been posted yet - a Q&A with a Toronto Sun journo who got to play it.

What I gleaned (and sorry if it's all old);

''As well, there's more emphasis on the Chief's agility, with an early sequence that sees him climbing a ladder in an elevator shaft while dodging debris.''
Could be interesting if that's a gameplay sequence as opposed to a cinematic.

Hmm, I'm not sure if that's cool or disturbing.

''There's going to be a fairly detailed prologue catching people up on the story so far''

Man, the campaign is gonna be awesome, the more I hear about it, the better it sounds.
A pair of tigers having sex? I wonder what that could be used for.

Striker

Basically theres no 4v4 objective anymore which is something that Halo has always had and always needs, regardless of its population. MLG doesn't count either cause its full of tryhards and its not 100% objective and its also TU-d to hell and doesn't resemble real Reach at all.
All they had to do was remove the fringe gametypes and remove Evade. Instead they removed Evade and added another player which turned it into a mess.

BTB is a hellhole with so many maps and gametypes. You never see CTF on Hemorrhage anymore.

Overdoziz

Banned
Can we please get Objective back to 4v4 and get Squad Slayer back. Remove Super Slayer as its completely pointless and just add AA's and shit to TU BETA since we already have MLG with is the stripped down good version of no bloom Reach...(And Objective and Squad are TU now anyways)

Super Slayer is retarded.
5v5 Objective on 4v4 maps is retarded.
343 is to stubborn to just change it back.
Halo playlist management.

Ramirez

MLG is best Reach. It is full of people who want nothing more than to beat you to a pulp every game, but if you stick with it, you will naturally get better at it if you're good at vanilla, and the payoff is so much better than anything 343/Bungie would ever put into the game objective wise.

Didn't 343 already announce that Obj. in 4 is going to be 5 players? Not happy about that, but whatever.

FyreWulff

Oh, a while back they mentioned the Beta Playlist was coming back.

Bet it's another 4v4 slayer, but what exactly would they be beta-ing with ~5 updates left for Reach?

''One interesting nugget tho... when they were showing off some of the skybox art, I did catch a glimpse of a Halo. So I wouldn't be surprised if, at some point, we come across another one of the Halos. ''

I don't think we'll be galaxy-hopping in this title. There's more than enough reason to stay put.

What's bunging btw? :p, also we're on page 59 in superior view!
Bunging is what all the cool kids do. Ghost recon beta is making me curious to see what weapon customisation will be like in h4 I hope it's just aesthetic stuff like scope personally

Yep I switched to superior view a few hours ago and it's done wonders for my life!

Don't agree with Elzar that's just going to give him a big head

Top Bottom