• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

senador

Banned
If people had to stop doing something, just because someone somewhere was offended by it, we'd still be sitting in mud huts eating bugs and leaves.

Sure, but some things are more major and more blatant. After someone comes in and says they find a questionable term offensive, then they are belittled for it, then leave the thread over it.... that doesn't really fit into what you just said. If that happened in person and the same was done you'd also be OK with that?

Your realization forced my realization of the same thing.

It's just another step in the pussification of society.

People need to realize they have the right to NOT be offended.

Really? What a bunch of bullshit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sure, but some things are more major and more blatant. After someone comes in and says they find a questionable term offensive, then they are belittled for it, then leave the thread over it.... that doesn't really fit into what you just said. If that happened in person and the same was done you'd also be OK with that?

Really? What a bunch of bullshit.

To the people complaining about the "D Slurper" fiasco. I would ask if they ever used the term "That sucks" or "That blows." Because if they have (and they more than likely have), they are hypocrites.

It's just another step in the pussification of society.

People need to realize they have the right to NOT be offended.

Relevant.

(To clarify, I do think that life is often a careful balance between not being offended at everything so much as to grind society to a feelingless halt, while at the same time, not being so incredibly insensitive to the thoughts and emotions of those around as to create a planet where everyone is a dick on an island. Moderation and a bit of give on each side is key.)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
No, its totally not even the same.

It's exactly the same. Both are "negative" contextual statements regarding male oral copulation.

Relevant.

(To clarify, I do think that life is often a careful balance between not being offended at everything so much as to grind society to a feelingless halt, while at the same time, not being so incredibly insensitive to the thoughts and emotions of those around as to create a planet where everyone is a dick on an island.)

That's pretty funny!

Exactly. Just you suck has become a common phrase

Yup, funny how that works. ;)

feel

If people had to stop doing something, just because someone somewhere was offended by it, we'd still be sitting in mud huts eating bugs and leaves.
This is highly offensive to people who sit in mud huts eating bugs and leaves because I say so. Take it down asap please.

kylej

Banned
This is highly offensive to people who sit in mud huts eating bugs and leaves because I say so. Taken it down asap please.

I actually know people who live in mud huts and eat bugs and leaves, and I can confirm that they are not offended by my statement, I am however offended by your claim so please edit your post thank you.

heckfu

Banned
I like all the fighting in here. Keeping my drive to Atlanta interesting. Early predictions indicate kylej is going to win the HaloGAF MVP...everyone else needs to step it up.

2-Pac of the south! Best lyricist I've ever heard. I've been jammin him since the grey tapes.

I met him a few times in Houston and Tyler. Dude is incredible.

Yeah, he's pretty well-respected in southeast Texas. I remember most of my friends knew Mo City Don freestyle by heart back in high school, lol

Also, the implosion of HaloGAF is a sight to see. It seems inevitable; we all like Halo, but we don't have to pretend we all like each other. Rumor has it Stalker hates me passionately.

Homeboyd

I like all the fighting in here. Keeping my drive to Atlanta interesting. Early predictions indicate kylej is going to win the HaloGAF MVP...everyone else needs to step it up.
Was there ever any doubt? Dude is God-tier.

Yeah, he's pretty well-respected in southeast Texas. I remember most of my friends knew Mo City Don freestyle by heart back in high school, lol
Yeah.. I know it too. Every word.

Slow loud and bangin, all in my trunk.. trunk full of funk I aint never been a punk.. shit is JAMMIN

Let the Truth Be Told is still my favorite album. The Life of Joseph McVey is a close second though.

Chamillionaire is my favorite from the south
Yeah I jammed a lot of Cham too back in the Swisha House/Color Changin Click days... But it was like Z-ro spoke to me. I could never compare him to anyone else.

senador

Banned
Whatever I guess. I personally am not offended at all, nor have I been in here really. HaloGAF is pretty thick skinned, and I don't think anyone should have to tip toe around with their words and terms. The difference though is when someone comes out and says they are offended. The cool thing to do would be to apologize, quit saying it, and move on.

I find the lack of Invasion confirmed as a gametype in Halo 4 news offensive.

DLC. The Invasion of The Invasion Mappack featuring Spire! Also includes AL AA!

It would sell!
to like 5 people. I should note I don't mind Invasion, but it was never fully realized so unless it was made a lot better the resources would be better spent elsewhere, possibly multi-objective gametypes in BtB

Gui_PT

Tashi, is there any way you could implement this into your Podcast logo?

130673319498.jpg

I look at it like invasion is evolving into spec ops. PvP for invasion just promotes douchey behavior. Changing it into an ai mode makes it better.

I was cool with that idea, then I was reminded of Reach's co-op netcode and it made me all sad :(

I'd be ok with them releasing a similar gametype after release and giving it a FW maps only playlist, I've played on some Invasion maps for this next update and they play GOOD.

Get over it.

Never.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hopefully they have optimized coop netcode this go around, but I'm not holding my breath. Coop modes in halo have so much potential to be ruined by that crap.

Whatever I guess. I personally am not offended at all, nor have I been in here really. HaloGAF is pretty thick skinned, and I don't think anyone should have to tip toe around with their words and terms. The difference though is when someone comes out and says they are offended. The cool thing to do would be to apologize, quit saying it, and move on.

Yeah, if someone postd a really trippy gif or something and someone said they feel sick or something watching those, chances are whoever posted the gif would link it instead or something. What it feels like here is that people know what makes other people tick and instead of holding back they essentially say "Hey look, you feel sick watching gifs like this right?" as they proceed to post trippy gifs.

Viewtiful's post is curious too. As was Ram's where he said we all must be a hoot in RL. The thing with the ole internet is that you can't really tell. Gazzawa and kylej have similar tones when posting. The same kind of exagerated opinions. Not a bad thing for certain. It'd be all too easy to look at the posts and think "He mustn't be very nice in RL", when really, you'd probably be wrong. It's probably because I know Gazzawa personally which helps me step back from how I react to other posts on here.

I think it's very easy to take posts at face value, but I try to not form overly negative opinions about anyone here as a result.

I don't remember Halo 3's co-op being this bad. Is it because of Reach's matchmaking, or is just being affected by Reach's overall terriblenessness? Or is it just nostalgia for Halo 3 because Daedalus doesn't accept my invited for campaign to play it anymore.

Top Bottom