• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

GhaleonEB

Have you tried splitting the keyboard? I find it easier to type on it often when I do that.

I'll give that a shot. *googles how to split the keyboard*

Apple UI gets a lot of praise, but it's quite the adjustment to get used to. I've having to google how to do very basic things; this may be less a critique of the software than it is part of the transition to learning a new OS. I spent 5 minutes trying to bookmark NeoGAF, and was only able to make a folder.

The best Halo website of all time.

Great clips, announcer is a wee over-enthusiastic though. :p

I just got a Razr yesterday, finally upgrading this phone I had for four years. Shit is sexy, but I feel like an old man with this touch screen keyboard

senador

Banned
I'll give that a shot. *googles how to split the keyboard*

Apple UI gets a lot of praise, but it's quite the adjustment to get used to. I've having to google how to do very basic things; this may be less a critique of the software than it is part of the transition to learning a new OS. I spent 5 minutes trying to bookmark NeoGAF, and was only able to make a folder.

Drag the keyboard up from the bottom right.

I just got a Razr yesterday, finally upgrading this phone I had for four years. Shit is sexy, but I feel like an old man with this touch screen keyboard

Haha you'll get used to it. I didn't move up from the dumb phone era until last November (Windows Phone, HTC Titan), and I was typing pretty slow on the touch screen keyboard at first, but I quickly became a wizard. One of the things that will speed up your typing greatly is learning to trust the software to correct your words for you, it's really good at doing so (at least Windows Phone is).

Haha you'll get used to it. I didn't move up from the dumb phone era until last November (Windows Phone, HTC Titan), and I was typing pretty slow on the touch screen keyboard at first, but I quickly became a wizard. One of the things that will speed up your typing greatly is learning to trust the software to correct your words for you, it's really good at doing so (at least Windows Phone is).
Yeah. Got my Windows Phone 7 two years ago and I have no real problem with it. I did have my problems with writing at first too. But like you said after a few weeks, you are used to it.

When we are already talking about phones. Does WP8 come out this year? My contract is near over and I want to pick a WP8 phone.

Im gonna post this again:

I bet Jeff Steitzer plays a character on UNSC Infinity, possibly a Drill Instructor or an AI.
I hope Infinity has a lot of comments about problems of the previous game. "When I fought on Reach, all precision weapon had this shitty problem and the god-gifted weapon called Battle Rifle was just a dream or at least a shitty prototype which still had to be tuned by Hephaestus."*

*I am totally bad at writing. So excuse me.

wwm0nkey

Yeah. Got my Windows Phone 7 two years ago and I have no real problem with it. I did have my problems with writing at first too. But like you said after a few weeks, you are used to it.

When we are already talking about phones. Does WP8 come out this year? My contract is near over and I want to pick a WP8 phone.

Yeah WP8 phones should be out by the end of the year I believe.

Happy with Windows Phone platform picked up A LOT of steam after the Lumia 900

Yes, "Apollo" or Windows Phone 8 is supposed to come out this fall.

Heh, pretty much the same for me. I got my first smart phone a week ago (also the HTC titan with windows) and I'm still getting used to the typing. Auto correct was killing me until I turned it off. So annoying.

Ramirez

D-munchers.

5lzfp.gif

I had his avatar for awhile in honor of the departed
KuGsj.gif

He's a big black guy in Japan, so we all assumed he gave the Big Dikku™ to the wrong chick, and the Yakuza got him.

Heh, pretty much the same for me. I got my first smart phone a week ago (also the HTC titan with windows) and I'm still getting used to the typing. Auto correct was killing me until I turned it off. So annoying.

Turned it off?

Once I realized that it would fix almost every mistake I make, I just type now and don't even worry about it.

Have you seen his Brute Force story how he turned a girl down?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35105758&postcount=14804

2nd story a girl I was trying to hook up with at an after school club. After chasing each other, we're sitting down outside and talking. She says to me "Wanna come over to mine on Friday? parents aren't in" My exact words were "No sorry, Brute Force releases then" (This piece of shit)

This time I realised a few hours later but she already invited my friend (Who till this day talks about that night being the best sex of his life). I remember playing it thinking "Wow, this game is sooo good. Glad i'm here playing it". Cried myself to sleep that week.

Gui_PT

Don't worry, I'm not gonna off myself or get off of GAF. I think.

This is one of the few places on the internet I still visit, though, and I really need to vent.

It's ok, I'm in a shithole myself. Things get better. If they don't, you just have to make the most of it.

Turned it off?

Once I realized that it would fix almost every mistake I make, I just type now and don't even worry about it.

It really did some weird shit for me. Everything I tried to write became complete gibberish. I still use the suggestions, those come in pretty handy when you have to type in long words.

TheOddOne

2nd story a girl I was trying to hook up with at an after school club. After chasing each other, we're sitting down outside and talking. She says to me "Wanna come over to mine on Friday? parents aren't in" My exact words were "No sorry, Brute Force releases then" (This piece of shit)

This time I realised a few hours later but she already invited my friend (Who till this day talks about that night being the best sex of his life). I remember playing it thinking "Wow, this game is sooo good. Glad i'm here playing it". Cried myself to sleep that week.
Yeah, that is what killed me :p

And yes, I lurk that thread ;)

Fuchsdh

If the girl immediately hooked up with his friend, I think he dodged a bullet there. On the other hand, he still had to play Brute Force.

daedalius

Playing forza on this tiny tv with bad color calibration is really making me miss my 60 plasma and stereo.

Can't even imagine trying to aim in a competitive game.

Funny enough, I remember they were hyping up Brute Force to be the "Halo-Killer". Between that game and Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter, that tag wasn't a good look.

Never understood the "Halo-Killer" thing, myself. I've never heard Sonic being called the "Mario-Killer", and that game was actually good(at least back in the day).

Funny enough, I remember they were hyping up Brute Force to be the "Halo-Killer". Between that game and Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter, that tag wasn't a good look.

Never understood the "Halo-Killer" thing, myself. I've never heard Sonic being called the "Mario-Killer", and that game was actually good(at least back in the day).

I think I played Brute Force back in the day at one of my friend's house. I don't think I hated the game back then, but since I was only 8, I kinda liked every game :lol

I still don't have a clue what the story was about though.

Top Bottom