• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Uh, so my disk tray on my xbox has been getting stuck when trying to open, and its getting worse. Anything I can do?

I have to use "open tray" on the dashboard now, cuz the button doesn't want to work anymore. A butter knife is good, too. Helps unstuck things.

Don't worry Demon, we just have to hold out until November, when we can put in Halo 4 and never need to remove it.

daedalius

I don't remember Halo 3's co-op being this bad. Is it because of Reach's matchmaking, or is just being affected by Reach's overall terriblenessness? Or is it just nostalgia for Halo 3 because Daedalus doesn't accept my invited for campaign to play it anymore.

Wat?

When was this? I also have no headset right now because I am out of town :p

Been playing a bit of legendary h3 thunderstorm mythic in between doing stuff down here.

Gazzawa

It's probably because I know Gazzawa personally which helps me step back from how I react to other posts on here.

tumblr_m0ujspnvtl1qzisz7o1_r2_500.gif

With the disk in or empty? Mine gets stuck without a disk in it, so I try to avoid that.
Ah, I didn't even think of that, but it does seem to happen a lot more when its empty. Guess Ill keep something inside of it at all times..

I have to use "open tray" on the dashboard now, cuz the button doesn't want to work anymore. A butter knife is good, too. Helps unstuck things.

Don't worry Demon, we just have to hold out until November, when we can put in Halo 4 and never need to remove it.

Yeah, I had to use a dime to open it. =P

And tell me about it, I just pray my 360 holds up, cause I can't afford a new one anytime soon, haha. Maybe by then I will be able to for a Halo 4 LE, but I really doubt it.

I had this same Xbox 360 since 2006. It RROD'd once, but they fixed it and sent it right back. I've also got the same controller! We've been through a lot together, me and this Xbox...just hold on a little longer, buddy.

I've had a couple of 360 deaths, but funnily enough never a RROD. Each time it was either a tray motor issue or the laser gave out and stopped reading discs.

But I've got two 360s, no slims. One refurb Jasper and another refurb Falcon as a backup.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey guys, I've been gone for awhile, last Halo 4 news I heard was that NFL players got to play it? And that Louis Wu played it as well? Can someone link me to pictures, if there are any? (If that's ok, I'm not sure if there's an NDA, there's a pic on this very page) Franklinator told me there's something called personal ordinance that may or may not be killstreaks, and that the DMR has bloom, but not really, and that the pistol is similar to Reach's.

edit: Sweet, Gabotron's back

Hey guys, I've been gone for awhile, last Halo 4 news I heard was that NFL players got to play it? And that Louis Wu played it as well? Can someone link me to pictures, if there are any? (If that's ok, I'm not sure if there's an NDA, there's a pic on this very page) Franklinator told me there's something called personal ordinance that may or may not be killstreaks, and that the DMR has bloom, but not really, and that the pistol is similar to Reach's.

edit: Sweet, Gabotron's back
Eh, Ill post them all but only the first one is worth it:

^ That first image shows the bare decorative aspects of the HUD. I remember there being speculations about those three switches near the top, but it looks like they're just there for the aesthetic.

:lol thanks everybody

Oh look a mexican hat... really? you're a disgusting man.

Also, 24.4% unemployment rate, FUCK YEAH!

Welcome back Gabo! Does that 24.4% number include ALL unemployed people or does your country use the same tricky method that the US uses, which is to count only the people that are still looking for work and can't find any?

Today I learned that Argentinian TV is INCREDIBLE. What's the cost of living down there/does Comcast offer Argentinian channels in the US?

GhaleonEB

nope. Ghaleon could be swapped with Dax etc.
I read this post without the proper context and was most displeased.
Something related to the lore then?

Halo: The Thirdium by Greg Bear reveal. Believe.

Although I seem to recall Ghaleon not liking Cryptum/Primordium. :lol
I did not really enjoy reading Cryptum, but I've been enjoying thinking about it since. Some wonderful world building and characters, wrapped in a deliveary style I found less than enjoyable. But I'm planning to follow the series through to conclusion because it was so damn interesting.

Also, I'm writing this on our iPad, which is weird. The mobile layout is amazing, but this post took 10 minutes to type.

heckfu

Banned
I read this post without the proper context and was most displeased.

I did not really enjoy reading Cryptum, but I've been enjoying thinking about it since. Some wonderful world building and characters, wrapped in a deliveary style I found less than enjoyable. But I'm planning to follow the series through to conclusion because it was so damn interesting.

Also, I'm writing this on our iPad, which is weird. The mobile layout is amazing, but this post took 10 minutes to type.
Have you tried splitting the keyboard? I find it easier to type on it often when I do that.

Welcome back Gabo! Does that 24.4% number include ALL unemployed people or does your country use the same tricky method that the US uses, which is to count only the people that are still looking for work and can't find any?

Today I learned that Argentinian TV is INCREDIBLE. What's the cost of living down there/does Comcast offer Argentinian channels in the US?

We use the tricky method one, still impressive as fuck!

Top Bottom