• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

There are Exterminations.

jTKYyUNWJkjVQ.jpg

And then there are HaloGaf Exterminations.

jUeZqf9I2gP05.jpg

Inb4 I'm called cheap.

Also Krow was ragiiiin! :p

There are Exterminations.

http://i.minus.com/jTKYyUNWJkjVQ.jpg[IMG]

And then there are HaloGaf Extermination.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/jUeZqf9I2gP05.jpg[IMG]

Inb4 I'm called cheap.

Also Krow was ragiiiin! :P[/QUOTE]

I don't play with you guys for one night and this happens? I'm disappointed in you Krow, Hydra and Shanti!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
woow GUYS.. I'm playing ODST for the first time in like 2 years, and I have to say, this is the most atmospheric, Halo game ever... playing on heroic. I love it, I really hope for this stuff in destiny. Also holy shit, the needler is the cutiest thing, it looks like a baby's needler lol. Also most definitely Marty's best work, even compared to Reach's which I think is his least best in his Halo games. Does anyone know if some of the guys that worked on are at 343 or are they still at bunige.

I still think it was the best one story wise, followed by Reach (barring any retcons or errors and taking it as an individual experience).

Its not just the music, but how well the music plays into the game. It helps to provide more depth and loneliness to New Mombassa that you don't quite get from the copy/paste layout of the city.

It really is a shame that you rarely hear all the wonderful pieces of music while walking through the hub in ODST. I always feel like hitting the jackpot when neon lights starts to play.

zlatko

Banned
I was under the impression most of HaloGAF hated ODST.

Uh, not really. I've not heard a lot of people sing its praises at all.

All I remember is a giant cloud of thick shit hate for ODST up to its release and during. Probably due to the pricing situation of being $40 then becoming $60, etc.

My friend who played it said it was one of the worst things he'd played for the SP.

Strangely though, here on HaloGAF, all I see is praise for it.

I'll play it when my backlog isn't this thick, and fucking Diablo 3 coming out next month really won't help at all with it. :(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
All I remember is a giant cloud of thick shit hate for ODST up to its release and during. Probably due to the pricing situation of being $40 then becoming $60, etc.

My friend who played it said it was one of the worst things he'd played for the SP.

I'll play it when my backlog isn't this thick, and fucking Diablo 3 coming out next month really won't help at all with it. :(

Even on HaloGAF the only praise for it I typically see is the music. I thought the game was head and shoulders above the first three games story wise.

And yeah, most non Halo fans bashed the shit out of it.

Karl2177

Even on HaloGAF the only praise for it I typically see is the music. I thought the game was head and shoulders above the first three games story wise.

My main issue with the game was potential, and how it failed to live up to it. It was good, but it could have been so much better. Reach was the same way for me, but it barely qualifies as good.

zlatko

Banned

What I'm hearing so far from what people posted in here music wise is amazing. Wow. Great stuff.

I haven't had much appreciation for the Halo games stories in the past, but Halsey's journal really turns me around about the games universe and mythos at least. If only the games were that fleshed out lol. :p

FyreWulff

The guys I work with that don't play much Halo (they essentially play it a few times, but not constantly like we do) still tell me how they think it's the best Halo campaign they've played.

Then again, I've also had people I know pass on Reach because they thought it was another ODST side story and didn't want to pay 60$ again a year later for it.

ODST was a great experiment. Its hub world succeeds in more areas than it fails, and it has the best soundtrack. It doesn't have the best story (Halo 2) but it has the second best set of encounters in the entire series.

zlatko

Banned
The guys I work with that don't play much Halo (they essentially play it a few times, but not constantly like we do) still tell me how they think it's the best Halo campaign they've played.

Then again, I've also had people I know pass on Reach because they thought it was another ODST side story and didn't want to pay 60$ again a year later for it.

Dem casuals man lol. :p

I just wish I had more money and more time. I'd hit up a straight 1-3 run, ODST, then read the novels. Just soak it all up.

Poor man single life swag. Work hard, do school, and then dem responsibilities.

Who wants to adopt me and take care of me? I'll even let you bathe me in a tub with bubbles. *giggles*

Yeah, I thought that asking full price for ODST was idiotic, but now consider it my second favorite Halo campaign, after CE. Its also the game that brought us Firefight, so it will forever live in my heart. And as somebody who loves free roaming environments and frenetic Halo-scaled battles the night/day transition in mood and gameplay was almost tailor made for me.

The WE ARE ODST bit was also the very best piece of Halo marketing I've ever seen, and the best live action gaming ad ever.

ODST was a great experiment.
Pretty much. I hope Bungie and 343 learned some quality lessons from it.

How many of you actually own Trials Evoultion? I might buy it if I know I'm going to be competing against your scores past the trial stages. :^)

CyReN

How many of you actually own Trials Evoultion? I might buy it if I know I'm going to be competing against your scores past the trial stages. :^)

It's really good, I'm pretty bad at it so you'll probably see me dragging around the back:(

----
GG guys, don't forget to pinch;)

Overdoziz

Banned
I have it. Pretty sure you can only see people's times who have the full game while playing the demo. Not people who only have the demo.

Top Bottom