• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You better have fuckin said yes or hinted at a yes. This is a golden opportunity. Send like a ;) or something.

Tawpgun

Just feed that guy lies about their new game.

Story time.

Halo 3 just launched and me and a friend had linked our gamertags to Bnet. We ran into these 2 little kids online and once they saw our 7th Column Symbols they asked if we worked for bungie.

Oh the lies we filled their gullible minds with.

kylej

Banned
Story time.

Halo 3 just launched and me and a friend had linked our gamertags to Bnet. We ran into these 2 little kids online and once they saw our 7th Column Symbols they asked if we worked for bungie.

weren't you close to a zygote when H3 came out

Story time.

Story time.

Remeember the Bungie.Net tags in Halo 2. Me and a friend had them and ran into some kids in MM, they asked us why we had Burger.Net in our names we said we worked for a fast food chain that delivered burgers world wide and if they went to burger.net and quoted our gamertags they would get lifetime supply of burgers.

Karl2177

42821349.jpg

I'm a few episodes away from that (finished #4 last night), but I did google that scene in advance. They nailed it. It looked like it might have hurt a bit.

Ah, you are about to get ep 5 (The Wolf and the Lion) dropped on your face. One of my favorites of the season, and ep 5 is really when the show hits its stride in my opinion.

GhaleonEB

So you changed your mind on not continuing on with the series?

I didn't have anything else lined up to read. :lol

I'm not enjoying Clash of Kings nearly as much as Game of Thrones, but I'm plodding on. The narrative is spread far too thin and there's so much bleak cruelty it's leaving me feeling...bad each evening. But after dropping it for a few days, I found I just wanted to find out what came next; they (GoT spoiler)
killed Viserys in such wonderfully spectacular fashion I'm holding out hope that some of the real monsters in the story get theirs in similar form.
So I guess I'm hooked.

So far CoK has been a very slow moving gauntlet of misery for every sympathetic character. I just hope something breaks soon, I'm at the halfway mark now.
Ah, you are about to get ep 5 (The Wolf and the Lion) dropped on your face. One of my favorites of the season, and ep 5 is really when the show hits its stride in my opinion.

That's what I've heard. And I've been quite impressed with the series so far, really quality stuff. Though, they clearly have 'boobies' on their list of things to include in every episode, even when there isn't a scene that requires them; HBO finds a way, somehow.

GoT fans; The audio commentaries are really entertaining if you can ever find yourself with time to rewatch them. Nice range of actors including one episode with the Stark children.

789shadow

Banned
I didn't have anything else lined up to read. :lol

I'm not enjoying Clash of Kings nearly as much as Game of Thrones, but I'm plodding on. The narrative is spread far too thin and there's so much bleak cruelty it's leaving me feeling...bad each evening. But after dropping it for a few days, I found I just wanted to find out what came next; they (GoT spoiler)
killed Viserys in such wonderfully spectacular fashion I'm holding out hope that some of the real monsters in the story get theirs in similar form.
So I guess I'm hooked.

So far CoK has been a very slow moving gauntlet of misery for every sympathetic character. I just hope something breaks soon.

I hope this doesn't classify as a spoiler, but
it only gets worse dude. At least there's Tyrion and later Jaime.

FyreWulff

Games are so one sided in Reach it's ridiculous.

I think some lists need to have max party size reduced to team size (guests or not). It feels like we either end up with lists where Trueskill weighting feels low as fuck (Anniversary lists) compared to where it's cranked all the way up (Arena).

Also a damn Team Mercenaries already so you KNOW everyone on each team has similar trueskill.

Actually, Super Slayer is pretty balanced if you go in solo. It seems like there's one good player on each team and they have to carry the rest of the team with them.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/career/gamehistory?#!/?game=1001684550

Super Slayer has two strikes against it:

1) It's not Squad Slayer

2) It's not Squad Slayer

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm not going to bother trying after today. For a long time.

Uh, what's the problem if you're dominating everyone? Eventually it SHOULD put you against people to challenge you, and it's not like you're the one getting shit on.

I think some lists need to have max party size reduced to team size (guests or not). It feels like we either end up with lists where Trueskill weighting feels low as fuck (Anniversary lists) compared to where it's cranked all the way up (Arena).

Also a damn Team Mercenaries already so you KNOW everyone on each team has similar trueskill.

This so hard, I REALLY hope 343 is listening on this one. Even Gears finally did this.

After a certain point steamrolling everyone isn't fun.

That's what I'm saying though, eventually it should put you against better people. I imagine she doesn't play it much which has her ranked low ATM.

Havok

Uh, what's the problem if you're dominating everyone? Eventually it SHOULD put you against people to challenge you, and it's not like you're the one getting shit on.
After a certain point steamrolling everyone isn't fun.

Even past that, the game has this uncanny ability to match a strong player per side with several weak ones as if it thinks that they cancel each other out into a balanced match.
That's what I'm saying though, eventually it should put you against better people. I imagine she doesn't play it much which has her ranked low ATM.
The day the game starts making good matches on a regular basis, I'll eat my hat. Even thousands of games in, rarely deviating from a few core playlists, it still matches me up with people who have played fewer than twenty matches with alarming frequency. I'm not sure if the game is mocking me, or is actually just bad at skill matching.

I don't wear hats, but still.

FyreWulff

This so hard, I REALLY hope 343 is listening on this one. Even Gears finally did this.

They could do it right now.. both Halo 3 and Reach support it.

edit: well maybe not 3, but Reach can do it for sure. I forget if 3 supports having a max party size different from the actual team size.

GhaleonEB

I honestly don't remember CoK being that bleak...the ending was spectacular though, Jon's ending anyways.

I'm to Arya's chapters where she's been captured and sitting around in in holding for a week watching other captives get tortured to death; this is after most of her group was slaughtered and a wounded boy gets stabbed through the throat with a spear. Now she's in servitude. Bran is having a rough go of it, Jon is beyond the wall in freezing rain and misery, Dany's group wandered the desert going through starvation and hell, and well, that's about all the likable characters we've spent any time with. The only levity in the entire book so far has been Theon getting utterly punked by his now-grown sister.

Good to hear the ending is good. GoT spoiler:
I'm still reeling from Ned's execution. Gawd I haven't had a character death make me so sad and angry for so long. Dude walked right into it, in slow motion.

Um, Halo. Down to just 10 rounds left for the weekly. This is a really long one.

kylej

Banned
I'm still not entirely sure why Squad Slayer was removed.

I'm glad 343 is carrying the torch of zero transparency in matchmaking decisions. Who is doing what, and why? Maybe they realized what Bungie realized long ago, you poop out a couple podcasts a year, slap "Love, Bungie" on a Chinese water bottle and sell it to fans, and bam, now you can excuse all nonsensical decisions by reiterating a faux commitment to the Halo community.

zap

I don't know why you guys even bother getting on without at least one other to play with.

I will not get on unless I know that at least one other person on my team will be decent and
stl.gif

Top Bottom