• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Gesundheit.

:lol

And btw, Duncan, Omlet and myself are the "regulars" for the show. We'll have one or two guests each show in addition from HaloGAF. I don't mind squeezing people in for specific segments too if time is an issue for some of you guys.

diHKT.gif

ibhRl12FnTEkLF.gif

FyreWulff

I once had to edit a podcast that started regularly running 3 hours for each episode.

I can identify "umm" by it's visual in Audacity now, because I had to edit it out so much to make the show work.

Felt awesome when I completely fixed an awkward conversation by editing it to have proper pacing and response timing.

I only know like twenty german words, I never got back to learning it. :(
German for Dummies:
I need a beer/liquors - Ich brauch ein Bier.
I need more beer/liquors - Ich brauche mehr Bier.
Can I get a beer/liquors, please? - Könnte ich ein Bier bekommen, bitte?
FU the damned grenades! - Diese verdammten verkackten scheiß Granaten. FUCK!

:lol

And btw, Duncan, Omlet and myself are the "regulars" for the show. We'll have one or two guests each show in addition from HaloGAF. I don't mind squeezing people in for specific segments too if time is an issue for some of you guys.

That's a good move I think. A nice benchmark so to speak.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
German for Dummies:
I need a beer/liquors - Ich brauch ein Bier.
I need more beer/liquors - Ich brauche mehr Bier.
Can I get a beer/liquors, please? - Könnte ich ein Bier bekommen, bitte?
FU the damned grenades! - Diese verdammten verkackten scheiß Granaten. FUCK!
I don't drink.

I will learn the grenades line however.

I don't drink.

I will learn the grenades line however.
Ranting and complaining in German for dummies:
Fuck you [players name] - Fick dich [players name]
Listen noob, I don't know why you are playing this game but If we lose this damn fucking match because you can not adapt, then you will not see the damn tomorrow morning - Hör zu n00b, Ich weiß nicht warum du dieses Spiel spielst, aber wenn ich diese verdammte Match verlieren werde, weil du nicht adaptieren kannst, dann wirst du den nächsten verdammten Morgen nicht mehr sehen.

[Please buy the extended version for 20€!]

"I love Team Snipers on Headlong"
-343 employee who will not be named

Iv got no problem with Tsnipes on Headlong. The problem i have is crappy players. a party of 8 of us played it the other day and it was pretty fun.

Edit: to the HaloGAF radio overlords. If i may make a suggestion, cut the podcast to 1 hour max. Not thats its dragging or its boring but finding 2 hours to listen to something is going to be a bit of a task.

Overdoziz

Banned
Iv got no probloem with Tsnipes on Headlong. The problem i have is crappy players. a party of 8 of us played it the other day and it was pretty fun.
I hate Team Snipers on big maps. I'd rather not spend my time playing virtual hide-and-seek. It's the reason why I decided a long time ago to quit out of every Hemorrhage Snipers game. I prefer no-scoping the shit out people at close to mid range.

Iv got no probloem with Tsnipes on Headlong. The problem i have is crappy players. a party of 8 of us played it the other day and it was pretty fun.

Leave Team Snipers where it fucking belongs, in the god damn playlist that says Team Snipers. I don't go into classic looking to relive the utter frustration that was Halo 2 sniping on headlong when my team mates don't know their head from their ass let alone that they have a secondary pistol weapon. At least morons can kill shit with the AR.

Leave Team Snipers where it fucking belongs, in the god damn playlist that says Team Snipers. I don't go into classic looking to relive the utter frustration that was Halo 2 sniping on headlong when my team mates don't know their head from their ass let alone that they have a secondary pistol weapon. At least morons can kill shit with the AR.

I have to agree with this. If i want to play snipers let me play snipers however id rather the DLC lists had just Slayer/DMR Slayer and CTF/Assault

789shadow

Banned
I hate Team Snipers on big maps. I'd rather not spend my time playing virtual hide-and-seek. It's the reason why I decided a long time ago to quit out of every Hemorrhage Snipers game. I prefer no-scoping the shit out people at close to mid range.

I'm the exact opposite. That's exactly what I think of when I think of Snipers: a tense standoff, where you look for an exposed head to shoot while wondering if you're about to be brained.

Also, just went 14-2 with a spree of 12 with the Blue Team on Hemorrhage. Won the game as well.

Striker

Unlimited ammo and the 3sk Pistol being secondary makes that gametype tedious in Anny. Players can just sit in one area, or building and nobody on the other team can do anything about it, because their ammo cannot run out. Assuming it's brought back in H4, it need to be a Sniper only, no unlimited ammo, and no radar. But knowing the terrible settings for them in H3/Reach, it'll be more of the same.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
what, how come?
That's personal.
Ranting and complaining in German for dummies:
Fuck you [players name] - Fick dich [players name]
Listen noob, I don't know why you are playing this game but If we lose this damn fucking match because you can not adapt, then you will not see the damn tomorrow morning - Hör zu n00b, Ich weiß nicht warum du dieses Spiel spielst, aber wenn ich diese verdammte Match verlieren werde, weil du nicht adaptieren kannst, dann wirst du den nächsten verdammten Morgen nicht mehr sehen.

[Please buy the extended version for 20€!]
That's going to take a bit of time to learn.
Dat sideboob.

What the hell is Leonidas doing in Game of Thrones?
Hurry up and watch GoT already.

On the Halogaf podcast someone mentioned that "if the cost of getting new Halo games is these kind of modifications then its worth it". I dont buy that, if the changes are bad im not going to want to play another Halo game lol.

I liked the podcast but I disagree with chunks of it. :p

FyreWulff

Yeah, Snipes needs to get out there.

Also Headlong should never be used on Slayer gametypes at all, the map is horrible for it, keep it to one sided objective.

I also updated my attempt at making Prisoner not suck. It's "Arrested 2" on my file share. I deleted the new ramp that was kind of redundant and added a ramp from floor 2 to floor 3 right above where it was, and slimmed down the forge objects under the old rockets spawn.

Unlimited ammo and the 3sk Pistol being secondary makes that gametype tedious in Anny. Players can just sit in one area, or building and nobody on the other team can do anything about it, because their ammo cannot run out. Assuming it's brought back in H4, it need to be a Sniper only, no unlimited ammo, and no radar. But knowing the terrible settings for them in H3/Reach, it'll be more of the same.

Snipers is fucking tedious on any map, especially on Halo 1 maps were they were all "KNOW WHAT THIS MAP NEEDS. A SNIPER RIFLE"

I'd actually like someone try to justify the Sniper on Prisoner

just try

That's personal.

Fair enough. : )

On the Halogaf podcast someone mentioned that "if the cost of getting new Halo games is these kind of modifications then its worth it". I dont buy that, if the changes are bad im not going to want to play another Halo game lol.

Than you should go on that podcast and discuss it in the uncivilised manner in which you normally discuss things.

And don't use their real names either, that incident was unsettling.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Edit: to the HaloGAF radio overlords. If i may make a suggestion, cut the podcast to 1 hour max. Not thats its dragging or its boring but finding 2 hours to listen to something is going to be a bit of a task.

We totally didn't expect it to last this long. We're going to take all the feedback and continue to shape the show into something great over time. Thanks!

I just finished listening to the podcast, it was good stuff. My only criticism is that there sometimes doesn't seem to be much energy in the conversations, but I think that's more of an issue with you guys not being used to talking with each other for such a long time. So that'll be fixed by the next episode probably. Nice work!

Havok

No way. As long as there is a reason for the content to be long and it hits the quality bar, don't cut it down. An hour is pretty restrictive to both broad and deep conversation.

Its not like the file will explode after two days, you have all of eternity to get through it.

kylej

Banned
Everyone lurks HaloGAF. I realized this after someone posted something about MLG and Sundance popped in immediately to clarify the situation.

Yeah, I imagine the next one will be a little shorter. I rambled on about Trials and Fez; still trying to find the right balance between focusing on the planned topics and just letting the conversation flow freely.

Also I sound like I'm falling asleep. Expect a more alert Duncan next time; no more mumbling. It took us almost an hour to get the recording setup working and by then I was just talking like it was an XBL conversation and not something being recorded. :p

The point I was trying to make is that I'm willing to put up with Ordnance Drops and Promethean Vision if that's what it takes to get another game with the "Halo feel" I cherish.

What happens if Microsoft decides making games based on the "Halo feel" alone isn't a viable business strategy? Do I have to resort to playing Call of Duty or Gears? Do I wait until some other developer puts out a quality game that replicates Halo gameplay?

I agree with you though, if the changes are bad enough then I might not want to want to play another Halo game. It's just a matter of finding the balance - Bungie obviously thought bloom was a good way to bring something fresh to Halo. I'm not a fan of bloom but that didn't stop me from playing Reach.

Top Bottom