• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Team Objective is the playlist for the Super Jackpot Weekend. That's cool, hopefully more people will play it now.

kinda sad that the Super Jackpot is the biggest thing I took from the bulletin. Hopefully there's more next week.

senador

Banned
We wanted to take a picture but couldn't get it off in time.

Something like

Oddball on Countdown
3-plot on Boardwalk
1 flag on reflection

And this was after the guy failed to load Zealot and Asylum.

Those look fine to me. Normal objective game types on non Forge maps. Wat

^Last 4 posts, well said.
If you are not yet familiar with our cannon fodder friends, below you will find a somewhat cursory introduction. And fodder for canon friends
How many people new to the franchise are reading this specific bulletin on halo.xbox.com?
Some metrics, please.
We’re layering detail, evolving the art, pushing the universe onwards and outwards. We’re making change for holistic reasons, never for change’s sake.
No. I saw the new art in Anniversary, I don't believe you.

Tawpgun

Shall I?

WP_000453.jpg

GhaleonEB

The bulletins are pointless to do every week if 75% of them contain nothing worth reading.

There are ways to fill the void with no news in a way that is interesting. One thing missing from bsangel's updates (and I don't think they're as bad as most here) is a lack of, well updates. Part of what made Frankie's the other day so good was it was an actual update on what the studio was doing; where the project was at, the different moving parts they're working on. It felt like a peek behind the curtain, which is what a lot of the Bungie Weekly Updates were, even when there was no news. We got vague hints of things to come; rounds ups of what people at the studio were doing; updates on the water (oh god the water updates). I hope Jessica finds ways to work around the lack of official, PR-sanctioned news to provide more of these kinds of "here's what we're working on" updates. There's room to do so within the confines of the media rollout schedule.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I making a HaloGaF crew. We need a motto boyz! And a name if we don't call it HaloGaF.

It can be 20 characters for the name and 64 for the motto.

Motto: To slurp or not to slurp, that is the question, whether tis nobler to suffer the Armorlock and Bloom spammers of random BKs or to take up BR and shit on kids...

Or something like that. ;)

Fuchsdh

There are ways to fill the void with no news in a way that is interesting. One thing missing from bsangel's updates (and I don't think they're as bad as most here) is a lack of, well updates. Part of what made Frankie's the other day so good was it was an actual update on what the studio was doing; where the project was at, the different moving parts they're working on. It felt like a peek behind the curtain, which is what a lot of the Bungie Weekly Updates were, even when there was no news. We got vague hints of things to come; rounds ups of what people at the studio were doing; updates on the water (oh god the water updates). I hope Jessica finds ways to work around the lack of official, PR-sanctioned news to provide more of these kinds of "here's what we're working on" updates. There's room to do so within the confines of the media rollout schedule.

I definitely agree.

Frankie has the deft touch to be frank (har har) about what he can't talk about, but spin something entertaining out of the crumbs that are left.

On the point of the Grunts: I think I'd accept the "different breeds" idea a lot more if there had ever been any indication this was so before. :)

And change for change's sake is the de facto mode of video game artists. I can't wait until they have no "updated graphics" to excuse it (whether or not Halo 4 comes up with a good explanation, it's a general problem).

GhaleonEB

You just posted that thread over there. Disappointed they didn't bite on the obvious double entendre?
I definitely agree.

Frankie has the deft touch to be frank (har har) about what he can't talk about, but spin something entertaining out of the crumbs that are left.

On the point of the Grunts: I think I'd accept the "different breeds" idea a lot more if there had ever been any indication this was so before. :)

And change for change's sake is the de facto mode of video game artists. I can't wait until they have no "updated graphics" to excuse it (whether or not Halo 4 comes up with a good explanation, it's a general problem).

I'm sure folks are busy, but it would have been fascinating to have one of the folks who designed the new Grunt offer an ONI-style bit about the new version, the goals, and the process they went through. (Those ONI updates from folks are probably my favorite bits in the updates.)

Spawnling

You just posted that thread over there. Disappointed they didn't bite on the obvious double entendre?

That thread was very popular for Halo 3 and ODST. Too soon? Although I have no idea what the general age group of users is over there. It might be younger than I expected.

I dunno. I thought her snippets from LA were interesting. It was a nice bit to see after her tweeted pic from the studio and the other pics we saw today. Things are definitely happening.

kylej

Banned
Lot of negativity going on in this thread right now. Everybody relax and take a breather, BS Angel is doing her best. You've just got to trust in her ability.

Daw!!! Halo Waypoint forums aren't fun tonight :p

DrhJv.png

Link to thread

The best part about this was: you posted a link to Waypoint, I clicked it, AND IT WORKED!

As for the bulletin: I tend to enjoy them when bsangel has something substantial to report on (like following up on a magazine article or a recent press release), but during weeks like this one it's more interesting to follow her twitter stuff.

Lot of negativity going on in this thread right now. Everybody relax and take a breather, BS Angel is doing her best. You've just got to trust in her ability.

At least everybody getting over their fear of saying something negative. Thanks for leading by example

FyreWulff

The best part about this was: you posted a link to Waypoint, I clicked it, AND IT WORKED!

As for the bulletin: I tend to enjoy them when bsangel has something substantial to report on (like following up on a magazine article or a recent press release), but during weeks like this one it's more interesting to follow her twitter stuff.

There's a good reason why Bungie suspended the Weekly Update. It would have made people stop reading them because Urk would have had to use filler content and no information for the past year.

Better strategy to just take it away for a bit so people look forward to the return instead of losing the readership from filler content since you can't say anything due to publisher dates/magazine content buys/yadda yadda

But all in all, this is about the level of content during low periods in Bungie's Halo run with the BWU.

Top Bottom