• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

New enemies teased?

http://www.xbox-skyer.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=269919

EDIT: Will post link instead people don't want it spoilerd.

Oh shit. =D

It really still doesn't tell us a thing, as I really cant tell what they are, but my guess is the 'watcher' is an advanced sentinel type enemy, and the crawler may be indigenous life. Still, really cool looking.

woffwoff.png

Nice filenames haha

I loved fighting the buggers in ODST. Halo 3 and Halo 2 didn't make good use of them. Just overwhelming the player with sheer numbers of stupid weak drones isn't fun. Making them actually try to flank you and design the level as a defensive like level instead of something where you can just skip them makes it more fun to fight them.

That being said, I'm hoping they are somewhat like the skirmishers. I feel the skirmishers were the best new enemy addition to the franchise. Moreso than the scarabs and moreso than the brutes. Popping skirmishers as they jumped was so much fun

CyReN

I kept thinking why does it kinda look familiar, then it hit me.

NJDYX.jpg

I really hope this is the Drone enemy, can't wait to see the badass bigger ones.

I never understood all the hatred and fanboy rage at Star Wars Kinect. It looks fun! Do people take their favorite sci-fi universes so seriously they can't laugh at themselves, ever?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I never understood all the hatred and fanboy rage at Star Wars Kinect. It looks fun! Do people take their favorite sci-fi universes so seriously they can't laugh at themselves, ever?

It's less about laughing at yourself, and more about a poorly made product worked on by 9+ studios.

GhaleonEB

I think there's room for that sort of thing, but the execution just looks terrible; it doesn't look fun to me, it looks embarassing.

I don't think I've been "spoiled" by the toys. I have no idea what they are, and without any context, I may as well not have seen them in the first place.

Edit: ^^Good catch, Juan.

I mean I'm not gonna buy it, but Dance Central Star Wars? If they polished it up, it wouldn't be too bad!

0135_go59e.gif

Tell me Master Chief dancing to some catchy Halo-related songs wouldn't be funny as hell

blamite

No idea what to think of the new enemies, except that I'm getting kind of sick of gameb being filled with nothing but enemies who's names end in -er. Halo has generally been a little more creative than that.

Fuchsdh

I kept thinking why does it kinda look familiar, then it hit me.

NJDYX.jpg

I really hope this is the Drone enemy, can't wait to see the badass bigger ones.

Thank god, I thought I was the only one who thought it looked like a Legend of Zelda boss, especially the bright multicolored scheme.

TheOddOne

I mean I'm not gonna buy it, but Dance Central Star Wars? If they polished it up, it wouldn't be too bad!

0135_go59e.gif

Tell me Master Chief dancing to some catchy Halo-related songs wouldn't be funny as hell
Imagine a Dance Central Viewtiful Joe!
Most profitable game for Capcom, makes a whole new studio for making Dance Central versions of their IP's.

halo_4_video_travailler_a_343_industries.gif

Remember those shots from the campaign ? Looks like similar for me.

If it's real, I'm very sad, because I didn't want to know the next opponent before discover them by myself.

Im not really seeing anything in that gif, but Ill take your word for it.

Also interesting that they still say 'secret new enemy', which leads me to believe these enemies are unrelated. If I had to guess, the 'watcher' is a type of sentinel, while the 'crawler' is a form of indigenous life. I bet we see these enemies formally revealed at e3, with the new main enemy only hinted at. So, in other words, I dont think we have really been spoiled.. It doesnt say anything like 'forerunner warrior' that would truly spoil whats going on.

Been I can do with the glare.

tBWFW.jpg

Red spartan looks like bigfoot with a sniper =P

It becomes bigger and bigger, Crapcom declares that side-scrolling beat 'em ups are not worht going back to. Shinji Mikami becomes DLC character for Dance Central Viewtiful Joe.

The fact that this is actually a more likely scenario then Viewtiful Joe 3 depresses me in ways you can't possibly fathom.

I like the new enemies, packs of crawlers running at me while i pop their heads is a very nice notion.

Can anyone up to date on halo lore tell me what the brutes are doing, im an incredibly lazy reader and always get distracted reading the books so i havnt even got past "The flood" yet.

Spartan looks like a Power Ranger.

Exclusive preorder helmets, chest armor and assassination weapons revealed.

GreenRanger.jpg

saba.jpg

I'd be all over this

I like the new enemies, packs of crawlers running at me while i pop their heads is a very nice notion.

Can anyone up to date on halo lore tell me what the brutes are doing, im an incredibly lazy reader and always get distracted reading the books so i havnt even got past "The flood" yet.

Exclusive preorder helmets, chest armor and assassination weapons revealed.

GreenRanger.jpg

saba.jpg

I'd be all over this

I'D BUY THE SHIT OUT OF THAT.

Top Bottom