• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

That leak was incredible, these guys had me laughing all the way through, what is up with that shitty rapper lol! Instrumental is so good, but that voice over the top lol! Random zoom ins on nothing and look at the moon was brilliant, im looking forward to the comedy leaks more than the game itself now lol.

The odd thing about that leak is, its like he recorded the game elsewhere and just decided to play it back in the middle of the field or something for comedic effect, wonder if they will ever release a high quality version? I wonder if he even played it or just got access to video somehow? I doubt 343 would put this video out themselves though, its not exactly the best footage for gameplay.

Liked the fast movement and stuff, disliked sprint/sword etc, its like they are emulating a lot of Reach's problems all over again.

EDIT: uh, personal ordinance drops sit in the middle of your screen till you use them? Wtf? Why not just move them out of the way so people can use them when its convenient?

It's like people enjoy filming leaks with the worst quality ever

In a barn

At night time

On a VHS

Taped over an episode of deep space 9

With a Tom Morello disclaimer

Weird shit with that paper

Gloriously terrible rap music

Artistic moon shot

Sudden stops to focus on UI elements

And lastly, wiping a bug off the screen

I will forgive him, this time.

Gui_PT

In a barn

At night time

On a VHS

Artistic moon shot

It's a masterpiece but it'd be much more appreciated if it was in 1080p. Why are people hating this though? It has to be a custom game so you can pick any starter weapon and stuffs

In a barn

At night time

On a VHS

Artistic moon shot

You forgot to mention recording the damn thing with a potato.

It's a masterpiece but it'd be much more appreciated if it was in 1080p. Why are people hating this though? It has to be a custom game so you can pick any starter weapon and stuffs

he still said you could unlock the shotgun. Would be kinda weird if you had to unlock a weapon in a custom game, no?

qEJc.png

Rock paper scissors!

Funny leak. Looks like they haven't learned from the lessons of Reach's sword/sprint combo, but who cares when you can respawn instantly? If something's annoyingly overpowered who cares when there's no penalty for death and you're back in the game without even a pause as to why you died?

It looks like you can view your teammates 1st person perspectives from the death screen. If that's right, it's a brilliant feature and lends itself to the possibility of being able to view other players in the theatre from the 1st person perspective. Cyren might just get his spectator mode...

Man, fuck people that vote away KotH in multi team for even more Rocket Hog Race.

Super Jackpot Weekend

If Warthogs aren’t your thing but Multi Team is, then you also have a shot at bumping your total number of credits to the next level because starting today and ending on Sunday, hopping into the Multi Team playlist will present you with the chance of receiving a 34,300-credit bonus.

zap

If all of this stuff is fake, then I should be apologizing. I kinda fanned the flames here.

But if it is true, and you can seriously do things like spawn with a shotgun...

Ok for real, I'm going to bed

I could imagine it would only be in specific playlists ala Invasion or Custom Games.

Seriously, no-one should get worked up about ANYTHING this guy is saying - he doesn't know 343's plans. I REALLY doubt that you can spawn with a power weapon like the shotgun in any playlist, just chill out :p

Gui_PT

343, I believe after we've seen the fine gentlemen that get to play your game, that everyone here on halogaf should also get a copy.

Hey, at least the leaks will look better.

we'll even make a cool montage out of it.

Halo 4 marketing has been a fiasco lol, except for 3 second clips here and there all we have seen has come from a badly written GI article which worried everyone and then an extremely meta troll leak which has by far more gameplay than we have seen so far.

What next lol?

Halo 4 marketing has been a fiasco lol, except for 3 second clips here and there all we have seen has come from a badly written GI article which worried everyone and then an extremely meta troll leak which has by far more gameplay than we have seen so far.

What next lol?

E3

I could imagine it would only be in specific playlists ala Invasion or Custom Games.

Seriously, no-one should get worked up about ANYTHING this guy is saying - he doesn't know 343's plans. I REALLY doubt that you can spawn with a power weapon like the shotgun in any playlist, just chill out :p
Frankie said you won't be able to spawn with a shotgun/sword/rockets in MM, obviously you'll likely be able to do it in custom games...

Im expecting this guy to upload more by then if he actually has the game. Cleaner quality this time please!

Promethean vision looked like ODST Visor mode, looked pretty cool, cant tell how it will affect gameplay though.

I hope so! Love me some leaks, the reactions and all the rest that come with them.

The rockets seemed to fire very slowly and had a trail on them.

Those 2 second ordnance drops look so bad gameplay wise. I don't care about fun if it's going to be used to sacrifice the whole competitive gaming scene of Halo. If 343 doesn't have decent competitive playlists designed around having no ordnance then I'm not going to hold onto my copy after I finish campaign.

Those 2 second ordnance drops look so bad gameplay wise. I don't care about fun if it's going to be used to sacrifice the whole competitive gaming scene of Halo. If 343 doesn't have decent competitive playlists designed around having no ordnance then I'm not going to hold onto my copy after I finish campaign.
Pretty sure it won't be in all playlists, just like insta-spawning.

nbraun80

Halo 5 leaked footage should be a guy running through a cornfield at night while recording the footage on his cellphone off of another cellphone, and then is finally tackled at the end and the phone is stomped on.

Overdoziz

Banned
You know what's really annoying?
That moment when you're capturing a flag in BF3 and this giant meter pops up on the screen just above your reticule.

gTpyV.png

oh

kylej

Banned
Random spawns, killstreaks, all that superfluous garbage looks awful as expected. Chasing a market they're never going to get. Love the leak though.

You know what's really annoying?
That moment when you're capturing a flag in BF3 and this giant meter pops up on the screen just above your reticule.

gTpyV.png

oh
They also moved the "press X to switch weapons" text right below your reticle, just like in... COD!

Not totally copying them, yeah.

The HEADSHOT text is still there, so disgusting. SMH FURIOUSLY :/

nbraun80

They also moved the "press X to switch weapons text" right below your reticle, just like in... COD!

Not totally copying them, yeah.

The HEADSHOT text is still there, so disgusting. SMH FURIOUSLY :/

At the same time, we don't know what kind of version this is that he is playing, it could be from the same stage of development as the conan stuff.

At the same time, we don't know what kind of version this is that he is playing, it could be from the same stage of development as the conan stuff.

At this point, I don't expect them to radically throw shit around because GAF reacts badly to it. This is what we're getting, most likely.

nbraun80

Ah, the scent of false hope in the afternoon.
1. just trying to stay positive and level-headed. 2. It's morning here. ha :)

Blue Ninja said:
At this point, I don't expect them to radically throw shit around because GAF reacts badly to it. This is what we're getting, most likely.
I don't expect radical change, but text location is definitely changeable.

DMR is confirmed to have 3x scope, guys. And Frankie mentioned DMR default loadout for a BTB map for example.

We're already screwed
Where was it confirmed the DMR is 3x scope?

In a barn

At night time

On a VHS

Artistic moon shot

This leads me to believe the leak was done by David Ellis. <3

Two hit melee kill if this guy is to be believed. NOOO
This has been known since the first footage. It was blatantly obvious.

Woorloog

Banned
Negative HaloGAF the same old schtick is getting really worn out now give it a rest eh?

Overreacting-age on a video we can&#8217;t barely see shit, from regulars who said it was shit before. Why am I not surprised?

Indeed.

Let's wait for proper footage before making any judgements... I belive this will go unheeded.
For some reason i doubt people who don't like Halo 4 so far will like it in the future...

kylej

Banned
Halo MP is still dead to me. My plans to only play campaign and SPOPS has not been affected. smh 343

The sooner people realize it's Call of Duty wedged into a Halo aesthetic the better. I don't know how much longer HaloGAF can go on fooling themselves. Guys, it's business. Microsoft is chasing the COD market. They won't get that market, and nearly all these by-committee additions they're shoehorning into the game will be terrible, but that's reality. They're finishing what Bungie so haphazardly started.

Text flashing all over the screen, instant respawns, killstreaks, unlockable perks, gun camo, character customization, tailored weapon loadouts, sprint the whole game, pure randomization. You can yell at me and Overdoziz and whoever all you want, but this is Halo 4.

Some people will say "oh so what they're advancing the game forwards to the standards of the industry". No, it's a cash grab. The elegance of timing weapons, holding map control, forcing spawns, and outplaying the other team is eschewed in favor of more randomized FFA bonanza goodness that appeals to the lowest common denominator. The beauty of Halo gameplay is deemed wholly replaceable by its development teams. Disappointing, but what're you going to do. While I'm sure there will be playlists dedicated to "standard" or "vanilla" Halo, we all know the ambition and quality of 343's matchmaking control. Plus as we've seen, trying to force "classic" settings on a game built around a different framework leads to a house of broken cards (see: Reach).

The funniest part is Microsoft failing to realize COD exploded in popularity precisely because it was so innovative at the time, and continues to be successful because they only slightly tweak the formula each year. If Reach was a failure compared to Halo 3, it wasn't because of franchise fatigue, it's because Reach wasn't a good game. Consumers aren't nearly as dumb as publishers think. You can't play catch-up in this industry. You can't chase success. How many years did we see the phrase "Halo killer!!" show up in magazines to describe a game that was wedging rechargeable shields and aliens into its campaign? Did they ever overtake Halo?

Just my 2 cents for this morning.

Top Bottom