• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

People would just use it as a warm up list before "risking their 50" in MLG, so no, it'd be just as hardcore as the ranked version.

Good point, but at least I wouldn't have to care about my own rank :p

I never understood the whole "I dont wanna risk my 50!" thing. It's so stupid. Your skill is there to show how good you are in the playlist, not to be collected.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
At this time of year...

gettinred.jpg

... getting ready is a good way to get hyped up.

Also, Bulletin is live

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/05/30/The-Halo-Bulletin-53012.aspx

FyreWulff

Good point, but at least I wouldn't have to care about my own rank :p

I never understood the whole "I dont wanna risk my 50!" thing. It's so stupid. Your skill is there to show how good you are in the playlist, not to be collected.

In an ideal world, people would treat it as a skill match tool. Unfortunately, people treated it like an RPG character or level, where they didn't want to lose it. Especially stupid when Halo 3 NEVER reflected rank losses, it always said "Highest Skill: 50" even if you lost every 50 in every playlist.

It was treated like something they deserved instead of something they earned.

blamite

Well, updates to just about every playlist I don't care about, and retailer exclusive bullshit. Neat.

Super excite for E3 though.

CyReN

Cats out of the bag now, MLG Pros (Formal, Chig, Best Man, Prototype, etc) are going to E3 to play Halo 4 4v4/FFA next week along with press and staff. Some will be shot from MLG.

Louis Wu

Speaking of which, you should get a twitter;)
NOT GONNA HAPPEN

If that HBO thread is anything to go by, a good portion of the Halo community wants to shoot marshmallows out of their guns for 15 minutes and have the game end with a rainbow over the sky and the announcer going, "0-0, everyone wins!"
I think that's an unreasonable summary of that thread. There are plenty of people there arguing the other side; seems like you read the first 10 posts and walked away.

::shrug:: whatever.

FyreWulff

And for those that missed it, this is 343's second new Megalo gametype.

• Living Dead updated.

Zombie Ghosts, a brand new game type made by a rather sadistic fellow named Thomas, was added to Living Dead. From the creator himself:

"Zombie Ghosts is, simply put, a small modification of Infection's Alpha Zombies game type - and by small, I mean that the Infected are now invisible and on fire. These avatars of fiery hugs wield the mighty Golf Club as they bring joy to the hearts of all around them. Unfortunately for them, however, Spartans are interested in neither golf nor invisible, fiery hugs, and sport the powerful Focus Rifle of Infected Slaying (tm) to deter such actions."

The raw details:

- Based on Alpha Zombies, so starting ghosts get infinite Sprint to make things just a little easier.
- Infected are now invisible and on fire.
- Infected use the Golf Club, which is a variant of the Gravity Hammer.
- Spartans use the Focus Rifle and have the Plasma Repeater as an emergency back-up weapon, as everyone knows that energy weapons (and punches to the face) are the only way to deal with uppity ghosts.
- Damage and toughness have been extensively tweaked for both Spartans and Infected to balance the play experience.
- Friendly fire has been turned OFF for this game type, as having a horde of Infected running around with golf clubs would be ridiculous otherwise...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What retailer?
The helmet/armor isn't locked to any retailer. The skin is, if that's what you're wondering: http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Xbox-360/Halo-4/10768484/

Via the latest bulletin:
Last week, retailers began announcing their Halo 4 pre-order bonuses. The first eight bonuses you’ll see below are skins. (For clarification purposes, please note they are skins only, and we are not locking away armor.) One of the best things about the skins is the ability to fully customize them. You’re getting a pattern that is not only unique, but can also be color customized.

blamite

I was just thinking, given what's been leaked...

HtDDY.png

Maybe this is the autoturret, and not an awkward looking jetpack like everyone initially assumed.

New Invasion maps.

Only took 2 years.

Hopefully they wont bee poop.

Seriously. Invasion may have been sub-par in execution but its a blast and deserved more love.

Is that the first confirmation we've got of new enemies being shown at E3?

I think it was inevitable, but I don't expect the new enemy race to be fully revealed. Rather shown but shrouded in mystery. I do expect a few random enemies to be revealed such as those on the toy package that leaked out a little while ago.

Badass helmet confirmed:

0MGaN.jpg

My god.

Recarpo

Cats out of the bag now, MLG Pros (Elmaite, Formal, Chig, Best Man, Prototype, etc) are going to E3 to play Halo 4 4v4/FFA next week along with press and staff. Some will be shot from MLG.

That'll be interesting to hear their thoughts. Does the underlined part mean that some video will be shot for MLG?

kylej

Banned
those updates read like a last minute high school essay that someone pooped out with 97% fluff verbiage. I dunno why you guys even read them.

Cats out of the bag now, MLG Pros (Elmaite, Formal, Chig, Best Man, Prototype, etc) are going to E3 to play Halo 4 4v4/FFA next week along with press and staff. Some will be shot from MLG.

THANK GOD

those updates read like a last minute high school essay that someone pooped out with 97% fluff verbiage. I dunno why you guys even read them.

THANK GOD

I don't think I've read a bulletin or weekly update in almost a year. I just got sick of the writing style and lack of any real content.

FyreWulff

Seriously. Invasion may have been sub-par in execution but its a blast and deserved more love.

Every one of you that wanted updates to Invasion need to play the updated playlist and give the CCs bugfixes and feedback for them. We had to work hard to convince 343 to drop the playlist down to 2-split so we could get the new content in. So help us out in showing 343 they made the right decision.

Hopefully this also means we finally get an updated Invasion gametype for use in FW maps.

nbraun80

Via the latest bulletin:
Last week, retailers began announcing their Halo 4 pre-order bonuses. The first eight bonuses you’ll see below are skins. (For clarification purposes, please note they are skins only, and we are not locking away armor.)

I am glad she clarified this, I kinda assumed this was the case but I know some people were worried about armor being exclusive and not unlockable.

zap

Bulletin said:
• Various maps updated.

Four maps were updated this month. Specifics are as follows:

- Prisoner: Spawn zone fixed on Classic variant.
- Cragmire: Gauss ‘Hog bug fixed.
- Synapse: Carney holes fixed.
- Select: Retired.

Wait... Select was the map that is removed? That was one of the better maps out of all the forge ones!!

:|

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Biggest note from the update is that no armor pieces are being locked away. Good news.

Someone let me work at 343, I'll be Angel's assistant and write the updates when she's out. I have the community experience! :p

Top Bottom