• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Vic-PeaceSells-2.jpg

Vic Rattlehead anyone?
Fuck yeah.

Tawpgun

lol @ grenades in reach. You can see someone throwing the grenade at you from half the map away, and if they position it right there is literally NO WAY for you to dodge it without taking some damage.

lol @ grenades in reach. You can see someone throwing the grenade at you from half the map away, and if they position it right there is literally NO WAY for you to dodge it without taking some damage.

That's like saying if you position your crosshair right, you're guaranteed to land DMR shots :p

What I'm saying is that if you saw someone throw it, a good player can react fast enough to dodge it.

Or at least thats how it worked in the old games.

Yeah, I dunno. My biggest problem is the nise it makes. It an be very misleading as to how close the grenade is to you. The trails are great. The bouncing is great (except off of flags lol, right Tashi?).My biggest problem is that I can't intuitively tell how close it is once it ges behind me or out of sight.

Tawpgun

Yeah, I dunno. My biggest problem is the nise it makes. It an be very misleading as to how close the grenade is to you. The trails are great. The bouncing is great (except off of flags lol, right Tashi?).My biggest problem is that I can't intuitively tell how close it is once it ges behind me or out of sight.

Umm.

What bouncing? Reach grenades bounce like raw dough.

Tawpgun

I like that though. It's easier for me to control. I love dropping one as I'm on sniper bridge on Asylum so that it hits the bridge and dips enough to hit whoever is below it. Maybe its just me.

I thought I had MUCH more control and versatility when they bounced.

Just came across some screenshots of a map I was making a while ago:

G8pXL.jpg

n2fYM.jpg

I was pretty proud of it and wanted to share it here to have it tested, but the 360 it was saved to broke and I forgot to put it in my File Share! I'm thinking about remaking it the best I can, but I don't think I can do the original justice. Anyway, just thought I'd share the screens and maybe get some opinions on it :lol Yeah and sorry it's hard to tell what the map is actually like. Just imagine a mix between Guardian and Lockout.

Recarpo

Umm.

What bouncing? Reach grenades bounce like raw dough.

So true. I'd prefer a little less power and a little more bounciness out of grenades. It was just always so satisfying putting a grenade in the perfect spot it had to be to bounce in and kill somebody in the other halos.

feel

Nice to know that there will be tons of MP at E3 (hopefully the mlg guys and other people playing from the community write decent impressions and there's tons of videos all over) and that only the skins are retailer exclusive.

edit-

sup B

daedalius

Wow, there is going to be SO MUCH VIDEO to dissect over the coming weeks; MLG guys should be able to show us some high level play I'd hope.

dis_gun_be_gud.gif

Hopefully the MLG dudes are playing in the videos we get to see. I can't handle anymore multiplayer videos with guys spraying the AR at nothing and staring at the ground when they move.

"12:30 PM EST on Monday, June 4th" cannot get here soon enough.

Come to think of it, Microsoft may really outdo themselves with their press conference at this year's E3, given how much they've got riding on the line with the franchise switching developers.

So, there may very well be a lot of cool stuff even apart from the Halo 4 trailers and gameplay vids. I'm expecting Forward Unto Dawn stuff, sure, but I also wonder if there won't be unexpected stuff like when they got those high school student Halo fans to perform their rendition of Halo music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdcuDZAsTZ0).

It's like waiting for Christmas, I swear. How best can one pass the time?

Havok

Wait, one of the four good Forge Slayer maps was removed? Bummer. At least Kingdom is still there when nothing else of worth shows up in Arena and you can't skip the vote.

Portal 2 has made me really appreciate Bungie's work on streaming content in Halo.

*load screen* *load screen* *load screen*
Yeah, it's amazing how huge a level in any of the Halo games can be and how you might get a slight pause every now and then if that. Then I try playing Half-Life 2 again and it's a loading screen every 15 steps.

For those who are vocally, adamantly concerned about Halo 4, are you going to pick up the game on day one?
I likely will if I have the cash. There's nothing else really releasing around those few months that I'm interested in other than Borderlands 2. I'll be surprised if I don't enjoy the single player and Spartan Ops stuff, but I'll have to linger on multiplayer and fully digest it before making my call either way.

Top Bottom