• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Let's just say it will be like Blackwater explosion of Halo content.
isnbZaYIEuhJZ.gif

Falagard

Can't wait till Monday. Super stoked. I just read that Microsoft will be streaming the conference live to your Xbox 360. Sweet. Though maybe I'll just try to to find a web stream.

Tunavi

Banned
I dont care if its from Call of Duty but I really REALLY want a Final Kill Cam in this game.
Its too bad, the feature really doesn't belong in CoD, every last kill is so underwhelming. When Halo matches are close, the endings really get exciting. Would be perfect for the series.

Hey look, it's the Dead Space 2 helmet.

wallpaper_dead_space_2_01.jpg

If none of the armor is locked and it's just the skin patterns which are color customizable, then I'll probably preorder at Best Buy. Not like I have a lot of other alternatives in Canada unless I want to import.

wwm0nkey

Its too bad, the feature really doesn't belong in CoD, every last kill is so underwhelming. When Halo matches are close, the endings really get exciting. Would be perfect for the series.

I think its fine in Call of Duty but I want it in A LOT more games. Battlefield 3 would also suit final kill cams very well.

What if...

Instead of only having top medals in the postmatch screen, players could also watch the top highlights of match similar to EA Sports titles? Triple kills, long distance no scopes, stuff like that?

I think I'm actually going to try Invasion when those new maps are added. I need some variety. All I've played for the past 6 months is Super Slayer and Squad. TO is too chaotic with 5 v 5. And BTB is a mess so Invasion's gonna have to do I guess.

heckfu

Banned
I've played a game today. For every time GAF is online when I check I give myself a cookie.

If today is any kind of foreshadowing of E3, it might be a good time to start a diet as I had about 2 cookies today.

CyReN

I told ya already that he fucking hates twitter.

I like them too. Never saw the problems with them. She wrote freaking good stuff without new content. 343i has a different policy about releasing information.

I have 2 (internet) life goals:
  • To get you a 343i hoodie
  • Louis Wu to join twitter

Give it time.

I like that though. It's easier for me to control. I love dropping one as I'm on sniper bridge on Asylum so that it hits the bridge and dips enough to hit whoever is below it. Maybe its just me.

You could do a lot more wit the older nades though, the magnetic super powerful reach nades might get easier kills but they suck at actually flushing someone of a room or whatever. I found the older nades more fun to use, bouncing it just right felt like playing a bizarre game of pool.

What if...

Instead of only having top medals in the postmatch screen, players could also watch the top highlights of match similar to EA Sports titles? Triple kills, long distance no scopes, stuff like that?

Would be sweet if that stuff played in the matchmaking screen between matches :p

On the topic of Final Kill Cams, that would actually be really cool. I feel some of the most epic Halo kills are at the end of the game, I would enjoy this.

And I'm sure they would be able to find a way to enhance the experience instead of having it just be slow mo.

At this point, as long as it doesn't break the game and makes it better/keeps it the same, I'm definitely on board with trusting them with whatever additions they see fit.

What if...

Definitely! However I'm starting to think, with both of the things we mentioned, this could all just be seen via theatre mode and I would rather have them spend their time making the game better in other aspects before these features.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Good Terrible games tonight, guys. I think we had one tie game and, like, seven losses. I'd look up the exact numbers on Waypoint, but I can't find anything on that site.

I bet nearly everyone in here picks up the game right away.
Sadly. this is true, lol. I only have a few franchises that I really enjoy. So when a new game comes out, I have to give it a try. I hated SMG1 and SMG2. But, assuming I even get a WiiU, I'll have to try the third SMG when it comes out. Wish they'd kill that series and do a Mario64 reboot instead.

Sadly. this is true, lol. I only have a few franchises that I really enjoy. So when a new game comes out, I have to give it a try. I hated SMG1 and SMG2. But, assuming I even get a WiiU, I'll have to try the third SMG when it comes out. Wish they'd kill that series and do a Mario64 reboot instead.
The people in this thread continue to prove over and over again that opinions can in fact be wrong.

You disappoint WolfGAF.

or at least something like it. SMG was so damn linear
Really hate the notion that linear=bad.

or at least something like it. SMG was so damn linear

First tweet is amazing.

The people in this thread continue to prove over and over again that opinions can in fact be wrong.

You disappoint WolfGAF.

WolfGAF pack member is indeed disappointed. SMG is awesome.

Moonman, in order to redeem yourself with the pack, I give you the assignment of hunting down the false wolf Starwolf for his positive comments about the worst thing ever, Sword Base.

wolf

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Couldn't disagree more. The Galaxy games are 3D Mario perfection. 64 was amazing for its time, but the wide open levels feel far too unfocused, and, well, boring. I hate derping around an open field when I should be jumping on platforms -- which is why I love 2D Mario even better than the Galaxy games.

Couldn't disagree more. The Galaxy games are 3D Mario perfection. 64 was amazing for its time, but the wide open levels feel far too unfocused, and, well, boring. I hate derping around an open field when I should be jumping on platforms -- which is why I love 2D Mario even better than the Galaxy games.
I'm exactly the opposite, I feel constricted on 2D paths while in 3D levels. Let me explore a little bit!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm exactly the opposite, I feel constricted on 2D paths while in 3D levels. Let me explore a little bit!
That's cool, but it isn't Mario! I mean, it is in Mario 64 and Sunshine, but that's about it. I consider those games to be offshoots of the real Mario franchise, with Galaxy being the more faithful 3D adaptions. :p

That's cool, but it isn't Mario! I mean, it is in Mario 64 and Sunshine, but that's about it. I consider those games to be offshoots of the real Mario franchise, with Galaxy being the more faithful 3D adaptions. :p
I think it's deceitful to show a 3D world but not let you explore it. That's the point of it being in 3D. If I wanted to play a 2D mario, I'd play a 2D mario game. I'd consider SMG a 3D translation of a 2D platormer, whereas I'd consider 64 and Sunshine as true 3D platformers.

First tweet is amazing.

WolfGAF pack member is indeed disappointed. SMG is awesome.

Moonman, in order to redeem yourself with the pack, I give you the assignment of hunting down the false wolf Starwolf for his positive comments about the worst thing ever, Sword Base.

wolf

I hate to say it, but I actually like Swordbase, too.
hahahahaha
But it's not the best map in Reach, nor is it my favorite. Just a good map when I'm playing on my own with randoms. All the different levels and corridors provide lots of protection against full teams of blainders.
I understand the sentiment that Mario is a platforming game. But platforming should be done in a 2D world like Donkey Country Returns or New Super Mario Brothers. Mario Galaxy just annoyed me with the false sense that i get to go explore when, in reality, I'm stuck going down a linear path. Sprinkle in a bunch of waggle stuff that I don't personally care for, and it just irritated the piss out of me, lol.

wolf subordinate

Ryaaan14

Banned

I never finished SMG1, but if it were anywhere near the experience of SM64, I would have finished it day 1. I'm not gonna say SMG is bad, but it is definitely no Super Mario 64. Super Mario 64 is my favorite game of all-time.

TheOddOne

Well guys, my lockout seems useless seeing we have only a couple days to go. I miss this place too much, so back in full force to annoy you all to the ends of the earth!

Top Bottom