• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

I understand the sentiment that Mario is a platforming game. But platforming should be done in a 2D world like Donkey Country Returns or New Super Mario Brothers. Mario Galaxy just annoyed me with the false sense that i get to go explore when, in reality, I'm stuck going down a linear path. Sprinkle in a bunch of waggle stuff that I don't personally care for, and it just irritated the piss out of me, lol.
agreed. I mean come on, show a little imagination! Let the player make their own way around the level. There are all these 3D resources but they're sticking to 2D linear designs, it's frustrating

TheOddOne

There's a reason why he was perma-juniored.
It was Nintendo related. Something about a calculator.

In other news, those helmets look awesome. My favorites:
image.axd

image.axd
Just noticed the new USNC logo in the back, nobody tell the BBC that.

You will die an unhappy man.

Twice.
No! There is always hope! I'll get one! I will!

Both are pretty great but they will be outdated with the release of Halo 4. Wait for the next version.

I follow you for two years already and I am always surprised when you tweet sth.

heckfu

Banned

Ryaaan14

Banned
I got mine after quitting a game, for the first time in months. I suggest quitting - there is no quit bonus. The bonus is a lie.

Blocked FakeWu on twitter, dude's a fuckwad.

*reenters hiding*

Kind of what I figured after so long. :_(

How much is the payout supposed to be anyway?

I honestly don't know. I have gotten occasional 4 digit jackpots (almost always 3,000 cR), but so has everyone else on my team when it happens. So that has nothing to do with not quitting.

FyreWulff

I actually have this theory that I can't prove at all that you'll never get the bonus if you never ever quit matchmaking, to prevent people from boosting through games (having people on both sides end it in the minimum) to get it. It's looking for "normal" behavior, ie sporadic quitting or disconnects, before it'll hand it out.

I've recieved the bonus jackpot at least 2 times within 2 games of quitting.

Louis Wu still holds an award though. We were playing Firefight for the Super Jackpot. I joke that we'll get it right after suiciding the game out (I think someone was inviting us, and it was Doubles, so it wasn't hurting anyone)

We suicide out.

Wu gets the Super Jackpot after our first game.

I don't.

:lol

Just read about the invasion update, so glad to see four maps making it in, I wished Meteora was also there but I guess the framerate was still quite bad.

GRACIAS DIOS BASADO!

New Invasion maps.

Only took 2 years.

Hopefully they wont bee poop.
All of them are pretty great imo

Every one of you that wanted updates to Invasion need to play the updated playlist and give the CCs bugfixes and feedback for them. We had to work hard to convince 343 to drop the playlist down to 2-split so we could get the new content in. So help us out in showing 343 they made the right decision.

Hopefully this also means we finally get an updated Invasion gametype for use in FW maps.
Invasion and BTB will be my new home.

Last time I played Griffball something similar went down.
Got paired against a team of 5.
Their butt buddy on our team would betray us all at the start of the round.
Their team then proceeded to rush our side, and continuously spawn killed us for the entire duration of the round.
Rinse and repeat for the rest of the game.

ORBpS.gif

Ryaaan14

Banned
Last time I played Griffball something similar went down.
Got paired against a team of 5.
Their butt buddy on our team would betray us all at the start of the round.
Their team then proceeded to rush our side, and continuously spawn killed us for the entire duration of the round.
Rinse and repeat for the rest of the game.

http://i.imgur.com/ORBpS.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh yes, teams of 5 are always fun. I'm so glad they allowed that in the playlist.

NOKYARD

Oh yes, teams of 5 are always fun. I'm so glad they allowed that in the playlist.
We often play with teams of 5. Our challenge is to lead our team of randoms to victory when we are the odd man out. I have only done it twice, but it is a hugely satisfying achievement.

I hope there's no Gravity Hammer in Halo 4 so Grifball can remain a terrible relic of the past.

Grifball, or a form of it, was the second item "Officially confirmed by 343i tweets to be returning in Halo 4". I believe the first confirmed item was the return of the DMR.

Sorry.
not sorry

Ryaaan14

Banned
We often play with teams of 5. Our challenge is to lead our team of randoms to victory when we are the odd man out. I have only done it twice, but it is a hugely satisfying achievement.

I have done it a lot on accident when our team of 4 gets split up, and it is hardly satisfying. Mostly makes me realize the team I'm partied with is equally bad or worse at Halo as I am.

7fBq7m.jpg

There isn't anyone who thinks this looks good, is there? It looks like a skull.

Almost everyone on HaloGAF praised that helmet.

TCKaos

I have done it a lot on accident when our team of 4 gets split up, and it is hardly satisfying. Mostly makes me realize the team I'm partied with is equally bad or worse at Halo as I am.

Almost everyone on HaloGAF praised that helmet.

Wonder if we can use Armor Effects in Halo 4.

Suddenly Ghost Rider.

Shadders

Sai-kun

Banned
Listening to the Halo 3 OST tonight as I do some animation work.

I knew this thing was fucking amazing, but I'd forgotten just how amazing it really was.

Standout tracks:

Disc 1:

Released
Brutes
To Kill A Demon
This Is Our Land
Dread Intrusion (because it's got Ghosts of Reach in it :))
Farthest Outpost
Behold A Pale Horse

Disc 2:
Three Gates
One Final Effort
Halo Reborn
Greatest Journey
Roll Call
Finish the Fight

From g4tv
  • Autosentry - Thanks to the description, we know that this ability “is an automated turret which can be deployed to defend the wearer or command a busy battlefield checkpoint.”
  • Promethean Vision - Ability to see enemies through walls
  • Regeneration Field - Sounds like it could be a combination of the Bubble Shield and Regenerator
  • Hologram - Returns from Halo: Reach, but unclear if it works exactly the same way
  • Hardlight Shield - A possible upgrade to the Bubble Shield?
  • Active Camouflage - A Halo staple at this point that will most likely function similarly to previous games
  • Thruster Pack - Sounds like the new jetpack, but it could also double as a sprint booster
How did they make these guesses? I thought Bubble shields was a confirmed no, and from the name "Regeneration field", it sounds like it will be a lot like Halo 3's regenerator, I fail to see how either could possibly be bubble/drop sheild-esque.

I think it would work. As far as I know, Halo 2 is run in an OG Xbox "emulator" - I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Hmm, I don't have an original Xbox anymore, I'm trying to plan a 16 player classic Halo LAN, and we may not have enough Xboxes. Gonna be fun nonetheless.

Shadders

ShopTo confirm "Assassin" emblem for pre-orders:

image.axd

Edit: Can't link to ShopTo? Is that because they lost everyone's CC details that time?

Shadders

Bro-tip: Pick the one you want and set the order up as normal, then for every other retailer order it, but use expired card details. The order will bounce so they won't send the game, but by this point your address may already be on the "send DLC code list".

This has worked for me a few times with different games, I got all the LA Noire content this way.

You and everyone else brah. My guess is yes, but perhaps not for a long while.

I hope so, its silly but i would really like the full set and i want to know before hand if i have to revert to eBay for them.

Just a heads up if anyone wants to give me their code ill take it.

From g4tv

How did they make these guesses? I thought Bubble shields was a confirmed no, and from the name "Regeneration field", it sounds like it will be a lot like Halo 3's regenerator, I fail to see how either could possibly be bubble/drop sheild-esque.

Hmm, I don't have an original Xbox anymore, I'm trying to plan a 16 player classic Halo LAN, and we may not have enough Xboxes. Gonna be fun nonetheless.
they are based on the leaks we know.

nbraun80

I'll never understand how online like reach(and MW3) are fun for those people that have like .3 and .2 k/d's. I get stuck with a guy in team slaer that is 700-3600 k/d and he didn't get one kill(-14). Is it fun for you getting romped? I'm not saying I'm the bee's knees but at some point you gotta say, 'maybe this game isn't for me.'

/rant :)

Top Bottom