• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Wait, what. What does it mean?
I've played all the games but I'll be damned if I remember ANYTHING about the story

Well most people assumed that it was a prequel centered around Marcus leading up to his arrest (he is broken out of jail at the beginning of the trilogy), but it appears that's not what the game is about.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Well most people assumed that it was a prequel centered around Marcus leading up to his arrest (he is broken out of jail at the beginning of the trilogy), but it appears that's not what the game is about.

I see, kind of what I figured. Could still be the case though, right?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
There have been so many little tid bits of news over the past few weeks and with E3 so close, I think I'm just going to speed through them in HaloGAF Radio tomorrow. All the little screens and videos and clips will become irrelevant on Monday. Am I wrong in thinking this?

NO. No no no. No more crocodile helmet. May it rest in piece
s
Crocodile helmet?

IT'S THE CHIEF
T91mi.png

There have been so many little tid bits of news over the past few weeks and with E3 so close, I think I'm just going to speed through them in HaloGAF Radio tomorrow. All the little screens and videos and clips will become irrelevant on Monday. Am I wrong in thinking this?

As long as you release tomorrow night or Sunday, I'd still be interesting in hearing it, but if it's not going to hit until Monday, then yeah I think it would be kind of worthless.

LOTR LEGO looks dope!

Tashi

As long as you release tomorrow night or Sunday, I'd still be interesting in hearing it, but if it's not going to hit until Monday, then yeah I think it would be kind of worthless.

LOTR LEGO looks dope!

lol yea that would be awful.

Episode 3 has turned into a pre E3. I'd love to get it out by tomorrow night. Not sure if that will happen.

Also want to do a reaction episode on Monday. Might need some guests specifically for that one. ;)

Episode 3 has turned into a pre E3. I'd love to get it out by tomorrow night. Not sure if that will happen.

Also want to do a reaction episode on Monday. Might need some guests specifically for that one. ;)

Would you like a sound clip of me screaming in hype and another of kyles salty tears coupled with over's

Tashi

Would you like a sound clip of me screaming in hype and another of kyles salty tears coupled with over's

lol.

Actually a little segment (5 minutes tops(lolol)) with Kyle and Over just unleashing their hate on everything they've seen and heard would be fuckin great.

Homeboyd

I wonder if waypoint being updated to hold fileshares etc... Will be a part of their reveal at E3. They did say this summer. And parts of the site have been much slower recently.

Homeboyd

"And the crowd goes crazy over a feature that they already had 5 years ago!"
lol I knew that was coming...

Obviously I don't think it would be a focal point of anything... But having fileshares, etc.. returning would be a welcomed feature that would certainly make me happy.

I am always down to contribute my salty tears.

lol.

Actually a little segment (5 minutes tops(lolol)) with Kyle and Over just unleashing their hate on everything they've seen and heard would be fuckin great.

Nope, I take it back, this would be an epic contribution to the podcast.

C'mon people don't be that guy that quotes an image for the fifth time...at that point just snip it or something.

You're all better than that.

I hope we get to see this stuff in engine:

The whole inner dyson sphere buildings and the planet buildings with floating shit inbertween should make for some seriously out of this world breathtaking sci fi landscapes and skyboxes.

Walking around requiem seems like it will actually be a better terrain than on a halo/ark.

We need TeamUpper to unite and say some stuff and TeamDowner to unite and say some stuff.

FyreWulff

Don't know if this has been covered, but have you folks at 343 dealt with the map voting issue of ties being settled by whatever choice is on top?

I don't know if it's a weird coincidence or not, but it seems that every time there's a tie (in Reach), it just picks the one on top. Seems silly.

As Frankie already said, in a zero vote situation the map on top wins by default. The upper vote in a tie also wins because it starts loading the topmost map first.

Last bit of gears 4/J news.

Prequel focuses on Baird in his earlier years, who apparently has been accused of military crimes.
New mode called Overrun beast + horde think L4D's online Vs

Halo can't survive with just one group playing it. IMO the reason why Halo 2 is love by the community is it appealed to everyone. Every type of player. Competitive players had ranked playlists that were filled with competition. Casual players had social playlists, unranked, but still just as fun because no one took them seriously. And the beauty was no one was confined to anything.

Casual players could play competitively if they so desired, and competitive players could play casually if they so desired. And most importantly, despite Halo 2's infinite amount of glitches/flaws/setbacks or whatever you called them, the game was incredibly fun.

Obviously this is how I saw things with my experience, but I hope 343 looks to Halo 2/3 for matchmaking as opposed to Reach, that way a lot more people can be happy as opposed to Reach's completely unranked system. (Besides arena which I despise)

Good post. I've always thought the ranked/social dichotomy that we had in 2 and 3 received too much criticism on GAF. It offered a simple choice on how seriously you wanted to take a particular session.

I've been really impressed with u4ixx's stuff - and part of why is BECAUSE he goes out of his way not to disparage people who think differently than he does. Spend 5 minutes in the MLG forums, and you realize that he's an outlier. I think what you guys are doing is fantastic - but you are NOT representative of the competitive community. :)

U4ix has come a long way and I respect him for it. I watched a recent 'social skirmish' and he was describing the regen from Halo 3; completely restrained, you could tell he wanted to shit all over it but opted for very diplomatic phrasing instead. Contrast this to a video he posted around 2009 where he was openly mocking Bungie for the inclusion of equipment, calling them stupid etc.

I can see what they're trying to achieve. It's a concerted effort from him, and Cyren on here, to reform the image of the MLG-type Halo gamer and I have to say they're making a pretty good effort of it. What they do with The Halo Council site and its content is great too.

Agreed, but I do dislike 100%. I would prefer every playlist to have 85% (MLG 0) or just ZB for every playlist.

I mean I understand why 100% is still around. Alienating people who like vanilla regardless of their numbers would of been wrong.

Promising Vanilla would always be around was a very poor decision from 343, particularly now they've removed bleed through from the TU.

It's vanilla right?

Won't go near it.

Exactly. They could've relaunched it with TU settings and a super jackpot. Another month goes by, another missed opportunity.

Top Bottom