• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Glitching out of campaign maps with my friend while having a pretty deep conversation about the future of Halo and how the industry is shaping it.

I wish I was recording this.

aDDiKt24

Banned
Just saw Alien for the first time. I can sort of see why it's so beloved, but it didn't quite charm me so. Was definitely an interesting film however. Was pretty good with the tension but that wasn't maintained throughout the film. Perhaps I'm just not used to horror in a sci-fi setting (all I kept thinking was "how the fuck did the alien put on so much mass so quickly without imbibing anything?"). I also liked how Ripley wasn't brain dead ass stupid like the lead is in most horror flicks. Disappointing that Weaver had literally no ass to speak of though.

I dunno. I saw Godfather for the first time around New Years and could immediately see why that movie was considered a classic. I'm much more skeptical about Alien. Maybe I need to go through it another time or two. And if its defining feature is camera work or some technical shit like that then I don't care. That stuff is mostly lost on me.

I too watched Alien (for the first time) on Friday night. I felt the same way as you. Am going to watch Aliens for first time this week then go and see Prometheus soon after.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Edit: Speaking of Powerhouse, did anyone know you could do this: http://youtu.be/EfQybIoCafE
Blew my mind. Horrible GIF beware:
powerhouse-lulz-o.gif
Solidifies how underrated Powerhouse is. Some the jumps you can pull of on that map are amazing.

Is this actually concept art from H4 or fan made? Either way it is awesome!
http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Halo-4-gravity-well.jpg

EDITED: For mobile users.
The art is official. It was Josh Holmes' twitter background and people asked them if it were official Halo 4 art. He confirmed.

Sorry if late, but it was the first time I'd seen it... WHAT'S IN THE VISOR? C'mon Monday... c'mon...

jQLhbQSJepWWb.jpg
Can it be the sun of the Dyson Sphere?

Various online translators tell me this is:

and

and (my favorite)

I'm going to interpret it as, "two sleeps, get hyped".

Which I shall do.
You did not post this video?

Wie komme ich am besten zum hypestadt, bitte?
Fahrkartenkontrolle! Fahrkartenkontrolle! Wer hat keine Fahrkarte?!

So, to repeat myself from last night: Prometheus. Greaat googly-moogly.

I'm just doing this to troll Hypertrooper.
Arse... Are the pictures amazing?

I like Alien alot but honestly i feel Aliens is the all round better movie. However Alien is the winner i your watching it for the first time.

Aliens is infinitely rewatchable

Just saw Alien for the first time. I can sort of see why it's so beloved, but it didn't quite charm me so. Was definitely an interesting film however. Was pretty good with the tension but that wasn't maintained throughout the film. Perhaps I'm just not used to horror in a sci-fi setting (all I kept thinking was "how the fuck did the alien put on so much mass so quickly without imbibing anything?"). I also liked how Ripley wasn't brain dead ass stupid like the lead is in most horror flicks. Disappointing that Weaver had literally no ass to speak of though.

The Xenomorph is capable of converting anything, even metal, into body-mass - it's nuts. Alien, and more so, Aliens, are both so beloved because of where they took the mainstream Sci-Fi genre. I mean, almost all modern sci-fi is based, or heavily influenced by them. Even Halo. Especially Halo. (I think)

Xater

I like Alien alot but honestly i feel Aliens is the all round better movie. However Alien is the winner i your watching it for the first time.

Aliens is infinitely rewatchable

I have seen Alien probably more often then Aliens. That movie is a horror classic that I can watch again and again. I watched it two weeks ago and I am still amazed how masterfully it is crafted. The characters, the pacing, the look everything just works so good together. I might still like the The Thing more but it's in my horro top 3 together with Dawn of the Dead.

I am so hyped for the Halo 4 reveal at this point. It's just one more sleep but tomorrow will be a hard day at uni.

This is INSANE. (Elzar seems to be one of the people good at it.)

Almost 7% of your Social kills were laser kills. You averaged almost one per game, which, considering how few H3 maps actually HAD a laser on them, seriously blows my mind.

Yes, I was a laser whore. Knew exactly when it was going to spawn as well, everytime.

I rememember, according to halo charts, I was top ten in the country for laser kills (not sure of the exact position), however, the guy at the top had almost 10k...oh my.

Solidifies how underrated Powerhouse is. Some the jumps you can pull of on that map are amazing.

Didn't Bungie predict it would be the fan favorite?
lol!

I'm so excited I was up all night catching up on Mad Men to pass the time.
I'm trying to stay up all day so I can pass out around 9pm and wake up at 11 am :D

The Xenomorph is capable of converting anything, even metal, into body-mass - it's nuts. Alien, and more so, Aliens, are both so beloved because of where they took the mainstream Sci-Fi genre. I mean, almost all modern sci-fi is based, or heavily influenced by them. Even Halo. Especially Halo. (I think)
Lots of Halo CE seems heavily alien inspired.

I saw a news article at Halo Destiny. The post says that there are 7 new enemies in Halo 4. Dunno if it is true. Their source is a scanned article which is linked in the post, so I am not allowed to post it.

If it is true, it means we have the same amount of the Covenant enemy types. I hope it does not count ranks.

Powerhouse is maybe the only map i can see being playable in other Halo games, Maybe countdown aswell.

Countdowns real issue is weapon placement and crazy big AoE nades.

Powerhouse is maybe the only map i can see being playable in other Halo games, Maybe countdown aswell.

Countdowns real issue is weapon placement and crazy big AoE nades.

Powerhouse is and has always been my favorite map in Reach; since the beta.
Second favorite, Think Twice (by GodlyPerfection, A3LG, Jonorz and Sven), before MM. I had so much fun play-testing that map.

neoism

Reach isn't fun anymore... can barely play 2 games before I'm bored. could be my swimmers ear putting me in a bad mood. Fucking swimming.... never again. ear problems are the worst. I'd rather have anything else. :( :( :( D:

Ryaaan14

Banned
Alright, 1 or 2 sleeps here. Hopefully we see everyone playing together in around 15 hours from now in preparation for napalm.

Until then, you found me.

They let me pick.

Did I ever tell you that?

Choose which ever GAFer I wanted.

You know me.

I did my research, watched as you became the HaloGAFer we needed you to be. But you had something they didn't, something no one saw but me. Can you guess? Luck.

I really am not that hyped this year. Really looking forward to seeing mor 4 but I really dont want to see much. I want to go in blinded as possible.

I'm only interested in Assasin's Creed 3, Dishonored and Halo 4. That's it.

Unless they have some new Prey 2 footage to share, which I doubt.

Reach isn't fun anymore... can barely play 2 games before I'm bored. could be my swimmers ear putting me in a bad mood. Fucking swimming.... never again. ear problems are the worst. I'd rather have anything else. :( :( :( D:

I have the same problem. Don't really enjoy anything besides the MLG playlist these days. Team objective could be fun, but those gametypes...

Top Bottom